I emailed the concierge about a cabana...how long

till I should hear back...can't remember. I emailed last week. will I hear from him closer to the cruise? or should I have heard from him by now?

thanks for any help:)

Good question, since your going on Oasis, I assume this is for Labadee? Next year when I go there I will also be one point short of Diamond. Looking forward to going back there, its been 7 years for me. On Oasis the suite guests get first pick.

Good question, since your going on Oasis, I assume this is for Labadee? Next year when I go there I will also be one point short of Diamond. Looking forward to going back there, its been 7 years for me. On Oasis the suite guests get first pick.

I believe that is true for all ships, not just Oasis (on the Barefoot Beach ones, that is).

Edited by sweetpea1714

If you are in a suite, reservations for a cabana at Barefoot beach are handled directly with the Concierge Lounge Concierge. They typically will contact you 1 - 2 weeks prior to your sailing date. These are the only cabanas handled by the Concierge and - as indicated - you must be a suite guest for their assistance. If you have emailed them you likely will not hear back until closer to your sailing date.

Cabana's for non-suite guests are reserved on line for Nellies Beach. However these typically book quickly and often are only available on-line for a short period. Several are usually held out for bookings by passengers on board and are available for reservations day one after boarding.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Last sailing in a suite we never got the rumored Email from the Concierge and I didn't know I could Email them. It was the first thing I did once I got onboard and was able to get two without any issue. That was on a smaller ship than the Oasis and we were the only ones in port.

As I recall, your request should be no more than a week or two before your sailing date and they will respond in a few days.

that helps...I couldn't remember.

Yes Labadee on Oasis and yes we are in a suite so hoping to get one on Barefoot Beach again ;) I emailed the concierge but wasn't sure if it was too early.

thank you to all those who posted :cool:

If you are in a suite, reservations for a cabana at Barefoot beach are handled directly with the Concierge Lounge Concierge. They typically will contact you 1 - 2 weeks prior to your sailing date. These are the only cabanas handled by the Concierge and - as indicated - you must be a suite guest for their assistance. If you have emailed them you likely will not hear back until closer to your sailing date.

Cabana's for non-suite guests are reserved on line for Nellies Beach. However these typically book quickly and often are only available on-line for a short period. Several are usually held out for bookings by passengers on board and are available for reservations day one after boarding.

Anybody who is entitled to use the CL is also entitled to the Concierge's services even before the cruise begins. The Concierges only email the full suite guests before the cruise, but somebody who is Diamond Plus or Pinnacle can be proactive in requesting assistance and should expect a timely response.

Because the Concierges on the larger ships are often swamped, I think that their practice is to try to deal with cruises on week (or one cruise) in advance, rather than trying to deal with requests that trickle in at all times. Can't say that I blame them.

I know this wont help, but we are on Freedom in 3 weeks and I Emailed the Concierge weeks ago about a cabana in Labadee .He replied to Email him 1 week prior to the cruise to reserve one.

The norm for all Concierges is to be working for the existing cruise guests while at the same time working the preps for the next cruise guests. They have little extra time to do more than that.

I am on the Indy leaving this Sat. Emailed the CL concierge last week and have NOT heard back from him. No welcome aboard or answer to my questions!

That is because it is not their job to answer petty questions for passengers who think they are more important than the other 99% of people who can wait until they board.

I have never emailed ahead for a cabana and I would be embarrassed to. I have always gotten a cabana on the first night of the cruise. Let them take care of their current responsibilities and if they get ahead they may email you ahead of time.

That is because it is not their job to answer petty questions for passengers who think they are more important than the other 99% of people who can wait until they board.

I have never emailed ahead for a cabana and I would be embarrassed to. I have always gotten a cabana on the first night of the cruise. Let them take care of their current responsibilities and if they get ahead they may email you ahead of time.

Lssloves- while apparently you are the self appointed moral compass of cruise critic, in jr8934's situation it was not about a cabana but about health and mobility accommodations- but thanks for your unjustified indignation- you truly know all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know I've seen this somewhere before but does anyone know off hand what the email addresses for the oasis concierge are?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

do a search for "concierge email" and it will bring up the email for every boat. they are all the same except for 2 digits for the boat. ;)

I know I've seen this somewhere before but does anyone know off hand what the email addresses for the oasis concierge are?

There are two:

[noparse]OA_Concierge01@rccl.com[/noparse]

[noparse]OA_Concierge02@rccl.com[/noparse]

Lssloves- while apparently you are the self appointed moral compass of cruise critic, in jr8934's situation it was not about a cabana but about health and mobility accommodations- but thanks for your unjustified indignation- you truly know all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Where is the "like" button on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I emailed the concierge last year regarding our Barefoot Beach cabana because I wanted a waterfront cabana and not one that was high up or over the water. He responded at least 2 weeks before our cruise. I usually like to have all our reservations buttoned up before we get on the cruise so it was helpful for us. We've decided not to do a cabana this year as our teenage daughter is more into other things but we will definitely be spending time on the beach and having lunch there for sure. We also have the zip line booked. It will be my husband's 3rd time, my daughter's 2nd time and my first time. Very much looking forward to it!

Edited by Sheryl1133

Ummm. So incredibly NOT unusual for a cruise/hotel/resort concierge to chat with and arrange accommodations for future guests ahead of time. It's part of the job.

Edited by sweetpea1714