How do I get the best price?

Although I have many cruises on my signature, only one is RCCL and that was a short Caribbean cruise years ago. I'd like to book a September 2015 New England cruise. rccl.com has it online, but hasn't posted prices yet.

This is what I do when I book Princess: I book the most affordable desirable cabin as soon as booking opens. Usually it turns out to be a mid-aft balcony as close to the mid cabins as possible, on the lowest available deck (I get seasick). Then I watch prices every day and whenever I see a price drop, I contact my TA to get a reduction.

Would my system work for booking RCCL or is there a better way? Waiting for the last minute won't work since flights will be required and I'm fussy about cabin location.

Your system would work for Royal.

Royal will grant price drops up until final payment date, at which point there are no credits of any kind for a price drop. Also, some prices are restricted to new bookings, typically those on the weekly sale:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Edited by clarea

Your system would work for Royal.

Royal will grant price drops up until final payment date, at which point there are no credits of any kind for a price drop. Also, some prices are restricted to new bookings, typically those on the weekly sale:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

How did you get that document? I've never seen that on RCCL.

How did you get that document? I've never seen that on RCCL.

Like most everything else, some helpful poster here on CC.

By the way, that document usually changes every Thursday afternoon.

Edited by clarea

Although I have many cruises on my signature, only one is RCCL and that was a short Caribbean cruise years ago. I'd like to book a September 2015 New England cruise. rccl.com has it online, but hasn't posted prices yet.

This is what I do when I book Princess: I book the most affordable desirable cabin as soon as booking opens. Usually it turns out to be a mid-aft balcony as close to the mid cabins as possible, on the lowest available deck (I get seasick). Then I watch prices every day and whenever I see a price drop, I contact my TA to get a reduction.

Would my system work for booking RCCL or is there a better way? Waiting for the last minute won't work since flights will be required and I'm fussy about cabin location.

The Sept 2015 Canada / New England cruises have been released with prices for the following ships, Brilliance, Serenade and Grandeur. Looking at the ships that are left to be released the only one with a potential to do a New England itinerary would be the Quantum.