More last minute ?'s

Hi,

Sorry to post more last minute questions but I appreciate any and all help.

We are sailing this Saturday on the 8 night Indie.

1. We are flying into FLL Friday afternoon and staying at the Embassy Suites. I believe it is very close to the port so the cab ride should be relatively short. What time should we truly arrive to port?

2. When are the the formal nights? Are there 2 formal nights or one formal and one semi formal?

3. We are scheduled for the early dining but I believe we can switch to the "my time dining" option. How do we do this once on board?

4. Will my sons require a wrist band they wear to id them? I can't recall from our FOS cruise.

I know I have more questions but can't find my sticky note at the moment. But I need to start ironing and packing. I appreciate you all taking the time to read and help answer these questions.

T :)

I'd arrive at the terminal between 10:30am and 11am.

If you want to switch to MTD, go to the MTD desk in front of the dining room entrance. It's usually on the highest deck of the dining room.

1. We also stay at the Embassy and take either a cab or the hotel-arranged shuttle to the port. We usually leave the hotel around 10:30-11:00 and arrive at the port within 10-15 minutes.

2. I assume you're on the 8 night Indy cruise so there are two formal nights and they should be on the 2nd night and the evening you're in San Juan (if it follows the same pattern as our cruise).

As to your other questions, (switching to MTD and wrist bands) I will leave those to others who are more familiar with those situations than I. Enjoy Indy!

We're sailing with you on Saturday! So excited.

The hotel is very close to the port andwalking distance to a Publix and TotalWines if you need anything. There are also many choices for dining around the hotel on Friday night.

The formal nights are Sunday and Thursday.

Safe flight Friday!

Actually, since you are more than 4 days out from the sailing, it wouldn't hurt to call RCI and see if you can switch to MTD now, so you can save yourself the hassle on embarkation day. Worst case scenario is they tell you to wait until you are on board.

I think you will be instantly billed for your gratuities, though, if you switch to MTD, even on board.

Ok here are the other questions :confused:

1. Has anyone used RCCL's "Royal Connect Phones"? The website states they are $30 per phone and can be used to keep in touch with each other while on the ship.

2. Does anyone know the current wifi package prices? We will have at least one iPad and iPhones.

3. Has anyone used. Verizon's cruise ship rates?

4. Has anyone used one of the many Apps ie WhatApp to communicate with those at home?

5. Trying to decide if the soda package is worth it. We really don't drink a lot of soda but the boys do drink fruit punch, lemonade, sports drinks etc. And I must have one diet caffeine soda a day. But I am not sure how much RCCL charges for their sodas and if they offer free drinks such as lemonade or fruit punch?

Ok that is it for now :confused:

Thank you in advance for your help!

T

Ok here are the other questions :confused:

1. Has anyone used RCCL's "Royal Connect Phones"? The website states they are $30 per phone and can be used to keep in touch with each other while on the ship.

2. Does anyone know the current wifi package prices? We will have at least one iPad and iPhones.

3. Has anyone used. Verizon's cruise ship rates?

4. Has anyone used one of the many Apps ie WhatApp to communicate with those at home?

5. Trying to decide if the soda package is worth it. We really don't drink a lot of soda but the boys do drink fruit punch, lemonade, sports drinks etc. And I must have one diet caffeine soda a day. But I am not sure how much RCCL charges for their sodas and if they offer free drinks such as lemonade or fruit punch?

Ok that is it for now :confused:

Thank you in advance for your help!

T

Only answering what I know:

I am fairly certain the Royal Connect Phones are only available on Oasis and Allure, not Indy, so it may be a moot point. I have read both glowing and very negative reviews of them, though, if they have been introduced recently on Indy. Apparently you do have 24 hours to try them out and still get a full refund if they don't work well for you.

If you use Whatsapp or Skype using the shipboard wifi, it may be a bit slow (even slower than most land-based DSL) Texting apps would be suggested over VOIP/Video apps. If you are using wifi and have iPhones, and are texting to another apple device back home, it will send via the wifi using iMessage, not your SMS. Shipboard Wifi is useful, but not up to most western land standards in terms of speed.

Iced Tea and Lemonade are included in your ship fare. Sodas are usually $3 each plus 15% gratuity, and the soda package, is $6.50/day for adults and $4.50/day for kids under 18. So, it generally is only worth it if you're going to have 2-3 sodas/day to get the package. They sell minute made juices (including punch) individually or in bulk, but they are not included in any unlimited package.

Here is a listing of the various drink packages... The simple soda package is on page 2:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Edited by Dajbman22

Guest maddycat

Flavored waters and hot chocolate are also available for free in the Windjammer buffet at lunch and dinner.

I hate to complain on a RCCL board but I do have to say that I do appreciate that CCL does have the drink stations 24/7 with lemonade, punch and a mango punch. For those of us who don't drink a lot or any sodas it is great to have those cold drink stations available especially in tropical environments.

I hate to complain on a RCCL board but I do have to say that I do appreciate that CCL does have the drink stations 24/7 with lemonade, punch and a mango punch. For those of us who don't drink a lot or any sodas it is great to have those cold drink stations available especially in tropical environments.

I agree, and that has been one of my pet peeves with Royal on Voyager and Freedom class ships. On Sovereign class ships, the venue called Sorrento's had a 24 hour drink station. I believe that Radiance class also had this aft of Windjammer. It would be easy enough to have this available on all ships with Cafe Promenade.