S to H - big news!

timmo44

OK not really big news. Just had an email from NCL telling us that our Haven suite on the Breakaway is changing category code from S6 to H6. Wow! Goodbye category S, you were a trusty friend. The S is dead, long live the H!

Here's what they said:

Dear valued Guest,

We would like to bring to your attention that we are changing the stateroom category codes for The Haven. This will not affect your reservation or experience in any way, nor do you need to take any action. You may, however, notice that the category of your stateroom is now preceded with the letter "H" instead of an "S" on your travel documents or when logged into My NCL.

Once again, this will have no impact on you.

You heard it here first.

OK not really big news. Just had an email from NCL telling us that our Haven suite on the Breakaway is changing category code from S6 to H6. Wow! Goodbye category S, you were a trusty friend. The S is dead, long live the H!

Here's what they said:

Dear valued Guest,

We would like to bring to your attention that we are changing the stateroom category codes for The Haven. This will not affect your reservation or experience in any way, nor do you need to take any action. You may, however, notice that the category of your stateroom is now preceded with the letter "H" instead of an "S" on your travel documents or when logged into My NCL.

Once again, this will have no impact on you.

You heard it here first.

Old news and S is not dead. It still applies for non-haven suites.

I have an S4 on Deck 16 in the Haven????

I understand the change but have not received an e-mail.

They have been sending out the emails for about a week now, you'll get yours eventually. :)

I too have no issue with the content of the post.

It's the title which is irritating a little. It's completely ambiguous, suggests something compelling - which in reality was not something I'd have otherwise clicked on.

If the title said "Haven Suites now prefaced H instead of S" I could avoided the entire thread.

A second idea (for those unaware) is that when you hover over a thread title you can see the first sentence of the post... so if the title area is too short, putting a 'headline' as the first sentence might be useful.

Third, just for amusement.... another poster regularly put this amusing video up...it's been long-enough that it may amuse some anew:

It's the title which is irritating a little. It's completely ambiguous, suggests something compelling - which in reality was not something I'd have otherwise clicked on.

If the title said "Haven Suites now prefaced H instead of S" I could avoided the entire thread.

A second idea (for those unaware) is that when you hover over a thread title you can see the first sentence of the post... so if the title area is too short, putting a 'headline' as the first sentence might be useful.

Third, just for amusement.... another poster regularly put this amusing video up...it's been long-enough that it may amuse some anew:

Now that's funny!

Thanks for the information! I do not spend every waking minute of every day on this forum....I have to work and sleep! With that being said, I did miss the post (or multiple posts) regarding this change....and I won't receive an email because my next cruise doesn't have a Haven.

Edited by NayRN

Indeed. Is it the law that you have to search every previous post before writing anything? We only got that email today and we booked in March. I guess we should not write anything and watch forum wither and die through lack of content because after all, it's probably all been said before.

PS. It's hard to do a search on just a letter 'H' or 'S'

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Timmo44 - this is why I rarely post anymore, people are not always very polite on these boards. I was interested in your post, I guess I missed the first announcement, so very happy you posted it. Thank you.

A second idea (for those unaware) is that when you hover over a thread title you can see the first sentenc😥e of the post... so if the title area is too short, putting a 'headline' as the first sentence might be useful.

It has been years since I posted that link. It used to be a sticky here.