Entertainment on a evening longer Med cruises

heatherbelle

Can someone help also with entertainment on an evening. Is there more than one show on an evening? We have sailed on DCL and Carnival, there is usually 1 main large scale production show and other smaller shows comedian for example later on in another venue, so we usually go to three different shows per night. We are not ones to sit in a bar drinking, we like to stay up quite late too. We can sleep when we get home.:D I am looking at Med cruises over 10 nights, so Reflection and Constellation for 2015.

I have told the boys they will have to wear long pants.

Can I also ask is it normal to receive large amounts of OBC this far in advance?. I have been offered $850 from one TA, with $200 of that from Celebrity.

Thanks

Edited by heatherbelle

There are normally two shows per evening in the main theatre. Both from the same group/person. To suit either of the dinner sittings.

There are also various things happening around the bars etc guitar players, quartets etc

You are right about the shorts, not allowed in the dining rooms during the evenings.

Edited by jomf

I'll start.

First, your boys don't have to wear long pants during the day. That's just an evening thing. You'll all be fine in your shorts and flip flops and tee shirts during the day if that's what you want. You will find that nearly everyone adheres to the dress code and you can just grab your popcorn and read the never-ending threads about dress code here on cruise critic. There are always some who want to push the envelope and see 'what they can get away with' but most of us play nice and follow the suggested dress code of the cruise line we signed up for.

Every night there are two shows (identical) in the big theatre. One typically at 7 and the other usually at 9. On formal nights they are later - usually 9 and 11??

On some ships there is a comedy show in the smaller theatre but usually it's the same show just repeated so everyone can get a chance to see it.

You won't be able to show-hop each night like it sounds like you've done in the past - there aren't the varied choices each night like that, if you're wanting to attend three different shows a night, but you will find lots to do. Well you can see the main show and then the comedy show but unless things change, the comedy show will be the same one.

There aren't going to be announcements on the PA reminding you about coming events like bingo and sales in the shops. You won't have to sign in and out for towels. There is a more upscale feel to things, if that makes sense. You can do your own thing and not have to "be entertained" all the time by the activities staff if you don't want to and they aren't going to be around coercing you to join in things. You can be as busy or not-busy as you like.

No worries, it will be different and you'll inevitably be making comparisons, but you will love your cruise. I hope you enjoy every single drop!! We prefer 10-16 days cruises ourself and often feel that 7 days aren't long enough.

Having said all that, on a Med cruise you're going to be very port-intensive and out of the ship most days ALL day and it'll be very easy to want to come in and crash after dinner and get rested up for the next day to do it all over again. I know you said you can sleep later but many find that on Mediterranean cruises they are exhausted at the end of the day.

Thanks Claudia

I am a seasoned Med cruiser (well 2 cruises ) but been on lots of land holidays over the years, no jet lag to worry about, so I pack as much as I can in, up at 6 for the sunrise bed around midnight and out and about during the day, I love it.:D. The other two think I am mad.

Even though Celebrity sounds much more up market than what we are use to, it's the ports that are drawing me in. Even on good old Carnival, I sit at the back of the ship and ignore the pool type games, but we found the entertainment for us the adults much better than Disney. On a Disney med cruise most folks were in bed for 10 the ship was empty. Maybe it was because the kids were a lot younger than on Carnival.

I keep looking at the Constellation sailing out of Venice, it ticks quite a lot of my bucket list, plus some old favourites too. The only down side is how busy Venice will be due to the festival.

Edited by heatherbelle

Love Celebrity but do think they lack in the area of shows.

Not a big Carnival fan but did like the comedy shows & the fact that they had 2 comedians on the ship at the same time doing both a family & adults only show.