Nellie's Beach Cabanas - no longer available for booking pre-boarding???

PAGA

I just spent over 30 minutes on the phone with a Captain's Club rep, and then transferred to the shore excursions department...After being put on hold for long periods of time by both departments, I am being told that Cabanas (specific inquiry was for Nellie's Beach on Labadee) are no longer being released for reservation prior to boarding the ship.

Anyone told similar or have a different experience booking a cabana for a late-2014 sailing?

I am booked in a concierge class (non-suite) cabin...anyone have any luck pre-booking a cabana by contacting the concierge in advance of sailing?

I sailed this same holiday week in 2013 and was able to book my cabana through the shore excursions website...this just feels like a step-back. I much prefer having all my planning done before I board the ship!

Are the excursions for all ports up yet for your cruise? If not you might want to check web site now and then until they are up and then try again. This is just a wild guess, but it could be that it is just too early for excursions for next Caribbean season to be online yet.

There is no specific advance time that excursions are put online. Since the 2013-2014 Caribbean season is just now ending it might be a bit premature for next season's excursions to be put online.

Edited by Lsimon

For our Nov cruise they have 5 excursions listed...jet ski, pvt island...but no cabanas, mats or clamshells... not sure if we are too early or too late...

we' d love a cabana again but would settle for the floating mats and clam shell...also heard but not confirmed that the pvt lunch might not be part of the cabana package that would make it less valuable....

see labadee board

We are on the Silhouette in December for the New Year's cruise and I was able to book an over the water cabana on Nellie's beach online in February right after we booked.

Thanks. This is the cruise we are on, too...so I may have received bad information from the shore excursions rep. After putting me on hold for over 5 minutes, she said they were only available for onboard booking instead of saying they were sold out. Perhaps that means there are a few they are holding back for onboard booking, as they do with specialty dining reservations.

Hi - I just tried calling Celebrity to book a cabana for our day in Labadee next March 2015 on reflection and they couldn't find them in the system to book. She said the tour provider might not be offering them anymore. I guess I will just have to wait and keep looking to see if this is the case. Very frustrating to hear that and then to see that someone on the Silloutte was able to book already for next March.

For 2015 it may be too early.....

for cruise they only list 5 excursions....so more must be coming along like the water park, ciaster, zipline, mats....and hopefully cabanas...

don, t give up yet....

Yep, just checked and, per my previous post - they are still available on my December 13 Constellation cruise. So it seems like the answer is they are sold out on your cruise but you might be able to book once you arrive on the ship.

Funny answer given by one reservations agent - "She said the tour provider might not be offering them anymore." Because the 'tour operator' IS the cruise line (Royal Caribbean International has a lease on the facility until 2050from what I've read, and pays the government of Haiti a small fee for each passenger.)

We sailed on the Silhouette in Feb 2014 and were able to book 3 cabanas at Nellie's ahead. We called the 800 # and asked to be connected to the "Cruise Enhancement Coordinator" she was great!

Just an FYI, if you are offered a "hillside cabana", beware! You need to have good knees to climb uo and down the "hill". Thus, go for the beach cabanas!

Good luck

Thanks. This is the cruise we are on, too...so I may have received bad information from the shore excursions rep. After putting me on hold for over 5 minutes, she said they were only available for onboard booking instead of saying they were sold out. Perhaps that means there are a few they are holding back for onboard booking, as they do with specialty dining reservations.

That's interesting. They were all online until recently. They may be sold out. Several of us from the roll call booked them. You should stop by! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just booked one on line for our late November cruise. Can anyone tell me whether bar service is included? They look wonderful.

We had a hillside cabana in January. You will have a cabana attendant who will go to the bar and get drinks for you...but you do have to pay for the drinks (or if you have an all-inclusive drink package from the ship it works, too...but at least the day we were in Labadee the island was only stocked with items from the "classic" package, so our "premium" package was under-utilized that day).

Our attendant in January wasn't all that attentive and brought us the wrong brand of beers more than a few times. We ended up doing a few drink runs on our own as he pretty much disappeared after lunch.