Owners Suite - Riviera

Tinkerbell1963

Have booked with Oceania for the first time in an Owner's Suite and very excited :-). Are there any extra perks with these suites? Also, I believe there is executive club access - just wondered if this is worth a visit?

Priority 11am ship embarkation with priority luggage delivery

Exclusive card-only access to private Executive Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge. featuring complimentary soft drinks, coffes and snacks throughout the day++

24-hour Butler service

Complimentary in-suite bar setup with 6 full-size bottles of your choice of premium spirits and wines

Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne

Fresh fruit basket replenished daily

Priority online specialty restaurant and shore excursion reservations

Unlimited access to Canyon Ranch SpaClub® private Spa Terrace

Laptop computer with wireless access

Complimentary iPad® in Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites

Exclusive discounts on Internet usage plans

iPad® upon request in Penthouse Suites

Bulgari gift set and toiletries

Choice of daily printed newspaper

Customized entertainment system with integrated sound system and media library

Complimentary Oceania Cruises logo tote bag and personalized stationary

Cashmere lap blankets

Complimentary shoe shine service

Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation

Butler Services

Course-by-course in-suite dining+

Order in from any of our specialty restaurants+

Coordination of shoreside dinner and entertainment reservations

Priority shore excursion reservations

Packing and unpacking upon request

Last minute luggage collection

Complimentary garment pressing

Complimentary shoe shine service

Gourmet evening canapés

Special services upon request

The Suite or "Executive" Lounge as they call it , is similar the the Neptune Lounges which you may have experienced if you have ever sailed on Holland America

101613.jpg yet because on Oceania you will have a Butler available to deliver the amenities of having a Suite to your Suite, you may never choose to use it.

Coincidence - we have also booked an Owners Suite on the Riviera for the trans-Atlantic cruise next April and can't wait! We were in an Oceania suite on our last cruise and used the Executive Lounge very rarely. Only in fact to get a quick cup of tea if I had a cooking class and would therefore miss tea at Horizons. Quite honestly we were "underwhelmed" by the Executive Lounge... Nothing to say that is negative about it, but it wasn't a real plus either.

We found the lounge a quiet place to use the internet. Sometimes using a computer with a "real" keyboard is nice:-)

Not really sure where you are going with that thought (or maybe you were not thinking about Oceania) because the laptops in the Suites have keyboards as do the desktop computers in Oceania@Sea

Not really sure where you are going with that thought (or maybe you were not thinking about Oceania) because the laptops in the Suites have keyboards as do the desktop computers in Oceania@Sea

I am guessing that TC (like us) gives the laptop to the Butler because we do not want it in the cabin largely because we do not want a computer with "nothing on it." We use our iPads and then, if I want a real keyboard (e.g. to clean hundreds of emails off the server), I will go to the Executive Lounge.

But we have never been on the Riviera with her. She is a Regent loyalist, mainly. If I could convert her I would. In the Riviera Suite, there is NOTHING you could wish for...for Jackie and I, our favorite Butler is Pridham and if he is on duty...all is way past well. For anyone who has never been in the OS...do it...you can't take it with you. You will NEVER have better accommodations. You have your own private back of the ship (stern) and you do not have to go to the pool...you have sun all day long..but you move with it. You have a hot tub there with a TV over it...and you just will be happy. Try it...you will like it.

You have your own private back of the ship (stern) and you do not have to go to the pool...you have sun all day long..but you move with it. You have a hot tub there with a TV over it...and you just will be happy. Try it...you will like it.

Did it ever occur to you that some of us do not want to stay in our staterooms? We want to go to the pool and mingle with others? We don't want to sit in a hot tub with the TV on? What you describe would not make ME happy. I want to be out and about and make new friends, have interesting conversations, and participate in shipboard life.

Believe me when I say I am not taking ANYthing with me but I am a social person and spend very little time in my cabin, no matter what the size. Have I ever booked an Owner's Suite? No. Could I? Of course. Would I? Never. The "benefits" you describe are not appealing to me at all. And we do not entertain on board as some do.

The largest cabin I would ever want is a PH - enough extra space, the right perks. Anything more than that would go to waste for us.

But we have never been on the Riviera with her. She is a Regent loyalist, mainly. If I could convert her I would. In the Riviera Suite, there is NOTHING you could wish for...for Jackie and I, our favorite Butler is Pridham and if he is on duty...all is way past well. For anyone who has never been in the OS...do it...you can't take it with you. You will NEVER have better accommodations. You have your own private back of the ship (stern) and you do not have to go to the pool...you have sun all day long..but you move with it. You have a hot tub there with a TV over it...and you just will be happy. Try it...you will like it.

+1 Totally agree. Not looking for new "friends." Get enough socializing at tables for two, that are really tables for 4 or 6, at lunch. Love that privacy for reading, Internet and talking to each other and being served by our wonderful butlers.

Deferent strokes for deferent folks!

Carolldoll - Pritham was always my totally favourite Butler. Until I met Churchill when we had an Oceania Suite on our last cruise. Now I am hoping that Churchill shows up when we check into the Owners Suite next April 1st!! And I am completely with you... I don't intend to go to the pool except to have lunch at Waves! Maybe Churchill could bring my hamburger from Waves to me on second thought.

We've been in the Owners Suite a few times and loved it every time. I think the extras are great. Yes we go out to the pool, see others---but coming back to the suite is the way to go. We do enjoy the perks. The Executive Club really isn't anything to talk about-never used it that much.

This next trip in May a b2b we couldn't get the Owners Suite so we took the Oceania Suite and we don't have to move-got the same suite on both parts of the cruise. It's a lot smaller, like half the size----but you're looking forward to it just the same.

Rick

:D Having been in the Owners suite for 2 weeks in March we felt it was as near perfect as any cruise we have ever had! Hope you will enjoy it also. We loved the perk of access to the large Tranuility pool in Canon Ranch. The food OMG the food was the best!

We were spoiled by Sandeep and we miss him since coming home.

He is a head butler too, and he trades off with Pridham. They move them from ship to ship.

For me, I don't like it. Oceania moves their personnel around too much. For people who cruise two to three times a year, we like to not have to meet and greet a lot of new crew.

I guess on our next Riviera on June 11 from Venice, we have to meet a whole new Cruise Director and General Manager.

We like stability.

As I said, we have had the pleasure of having both Pritham AND Churchill as our butlers. Until I met Churchill I always considered Pritham the tops. But for me (us, really!) Churchil edged him out. What a lovely man.

so -- I really hope one of them is on board for the TA in April 15! If not then I assume we will have another nice butler.

I never suggested that they give up their vacation. They rotate...all the crew. You will seldom see a lot of the people you are accustomed to. Why is it people have to be that way on these boards. Sad. The newbies like to hear things that are factual, not sniping. That is my opinion only. Perhaps some agree, perhaps some do not.

We had Pritham on Regent and he was incredible. It would be amazing if we got him on the Riviera in November (although the odds of that are pretty slim). I love when people post about the service given by crew members. They deserve the credit:D