Dress Code

I know threads about dress codes used to cause heated debate on this forum and I would prefer that doesn't happen in this case. I haven't cruised in a few years and I just want to make sure that the dress code hasn't changed in the three-plus years since my last cruise.

Can I assume that for nine day Caribbean cruise, it's still two formal nights with the other nights being smart casual (or something like that) such as a button down or a polo shirt and a pair of dockers to dinner for men? And the specialty restaurants are still smart casual. That's what it used to be and things change quickly so I just want to make sure that the rules are the same.

And I know that everyone kind of does their own thing but I prefer to follow the suggested dress code. I tried to do a search for this but surprisingly couldn't find anything. Maybe my search skills need improvement. :)

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the link. My memory is not as good as I thought as I don't remember there being two smart casual nights. I just remembered the two formal nights and thought the rest were all the same dress code.

Thank you for the link. My memory is not as good as I thought as I don't remember there being two smart casual nights. I just remembered the two formal nights and thought the rest were all the same dress code.

I don't think many people pay attention to the distinction between casual and smart casual anymore.

No one follows the actual dress suggestions to "smart casual" anyway IMHO. It calls for jackets and ties! Some people dont even go that far for formal night!

I can never tell the difference between casual and smart casual night. If you want to dress up for formal nights then by all means have fun with it!

Edited by ryano

I agree with the above. People really blow off Smart Casual. On our last cruise, I simply wore a nice shirt, slacks and no tie. It was about the average. I still do Formal. But rest assured if you wear the "suggested dress" you can't go wrong. It's nice to dress up. :)