Lime situation

Was wondering if there is any updates on the lime shortage situation ....I know first world problems , but 20% of the reason I cruise RCL Is they make to best mojitos , which without lime could be a challenge , we sail in three weeks , would like to bring my own for them to use :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's due to bad weather and disease in Mexico, killing citrus trees....and it does not appear to be getting better any time soon...

Screw Mexico then .... maybe RCCL should just invest in a little land in Florida and grow their own limes!!!

Come on, now ... u can NOT have cocktails without lime!!

My Suggested Solutions to the dreaded LIME shortage...

Try drinking something else... anything else... There are probably thousands of non-lime required drinks... start thinking... I'm sure you'll come up with at least one you like -- or better yet... ASK the Barkeep... I'm sure they will suggest something you'll like. Just think how much fun you'll have trying to find another 'favorite' drink... sans limes!!

Take some Vitamin C... Scurvy, though a horrible disease, rarely sets in on a week cruise. Even if you are on a B2B2B... you most likely will not be subject to the symptoms of scurvy... but if that is your concern... by all means... DRINK SOME OJ!!

And... if all else fails... adjust your sails...

Most groceries and bars are out of limes. Not a lime to be found at our farmer's market. My neighbor's lime tree was out of them last January... won't have any until winter.

ENOUGH about the lime shortage... on to more pressing matters... if the drug cartels wanted to get our attention they need to create a shortage of toilet paper...

Edited by LindaO

My Suggested Solutions to the dreaded LIME shortage...

Try drinking something else... anything else... There are probably thousands of non-lime required drinks... start thinking... I'm sure you'll come up with at least one you like -- or better yet... ASK the Barkeep... I'm sure they will suggest something you'll like. Just think how much fun you'll have trying to find another 'favorite' drink... sans limes!!

Take some Vitamin C... Scurvy, though a horrible disease, rarely sets in on a week cruise. Even if you are on a B2B2B... you most likely will not be subject to the symptoms of scurvy... but if that is your concern... by all means... DRINK SOME OJ!!

And... if all else fails... adjust your sails...

Most groceries and bars are out of limes. Not a lime to be found at our farmer's market. My neighbor's lime tree was out of them last January... won't have any until winter.

ENOUGH about the lime shortage... on to more pressing matters... if the drug cartels wanted to get our attention they need to create a shortage of toilet paper...

if you are so sick of reading complaints about the lime shortage, then WHY WOULD YOU GO INTO A THREAD SPECIFICALLY ABOUT IT ??? HMMMM??

Got off the Freedom on 4/6 and Limes were hit and miss. Sometimes they used lemons. But one of the bartenders said he was hoarding limes so I went to him for my gin and tonics! I don't think there will be an easing of the shortage for quite some time.

Edited by Motleu

The evening news here did a segment on the lime shortage a few weeks ago. They said the lime shortage was expected to last for several more months. I'd read about the lime issue here on CC just a few days before, otherwise I didn't even know there was a lime crisis! :D

if you are so sick of reading complaints about the lime shortage, then WHY WOULD YOU GO INTO A THREAD SPECIFICALLY ABOUT IT ??? HMMMM??

WOW... I see the shortage of limes and the ability to cope or change course has really gotten to you!!! But last time I looked... this was an open discussion... and my opinion is just as good as anyone's opinion... I was just offering suggestions to folks like you who apparently were having a hard time with the LIME shortage!! So.. my question to you is... if you didn't like my suggestions... why would you ask such a question? My participation in this thread has no bearing on your life. You could have just skipped over my comments if they didn't pertain to you. Or is it just the lack of limes has effected your sense of humor? Those nasty drug cartels (aka LIME Cartels) are really disrupting your way of life... so sorry to hear that!!! My suggestion to you... adjust your sails!!! Switch to Lemons. Take up yoga. Cope with your stress and anger. Have a Nice Day :)

P.S. -- I NEVER said I was sick about reading about Limes... please don't put words into my posts... that is how nasty rumors and mis-information is spread!!

Edited by LindaO

WOW... I see the shortage of limes and the ability to cope or change course has really gotten to you!!! But last time I looked... this was an open discussion... and my opinion is just as good as anyone's opinion... I was just offering suggestions to folks like you who apparently were having a hard time with the LIME shortage!! So.. my question to you is... if you didn't like my suggestions... why would you ask such a question? My participation in this thread has no bearing on your life. You could have just skipped over my comments if they didn't pertain to you. Or is it just the lack of limes has effected your sense of humor? Those nasty drug cartels (aka LIME Cartels) are really disrupting your way of life... so sorry to hear that!!! My suggestion to you... adjust your sails!!! Switch to Lemons. Take up yoga. Cope with your stress and anger. Have a Nice Day :)

P.S. -- I NEVER said I was sick about reading about Limes... please don't put words into my posts... that is how nasty rumors and mis-information is spread!!

Limes to lemons is not a valid switch. Anyone who suggests it can not appreciate the impact of the lime shortage.