bed by balcony on Oasis

CU64

Does anyone know if any of these cabins have bed by balcony?

D7 balcony: 9298, 9700. or 10704 ??

Thanking you in advance

BL

The cabins alternate between the bed by the door and balcony. All 3/4 person rooms have the bed by the door. Just find a 3/4 person room and count the rooms.

So why do people keep asking this question? I can think of reasons for wanting the bed in either position. Are people hoping it's by the balcony for sleeping with the balcony door open?

We found the bed by the closet to be inconvenient. There is not much room between the bed and closet.

So why do people keep asking this question?

I don't get it, but some people seem to think that their entire cruise will be ruined (if not their entire lives) if the bed is in the "wrong" position. Maybe it has something to do with Feng Shui? I would think that cruises are for relaxing, not for worrying about where the furniture is, but people have their issues, I suppose.

I don't get it, but some people seem to think that their entire cruise will be ruined (if not their entire lives) if the bed is in the "wrong" position. Maybe it has something to do with Feng Shui? I would think that cruises are for relaxing, not for worrying about where the furniture is, but people have their issues, I suppose.

If bed is by the balcony, there is much more moving around room by the closet and bathroom...you walk into an area, not into a bed

I had an upgrade to Aqua Class on Celebrity Equinox for 12 Med cruise.......

from CC 1.......big mistake...

bed was by the closet and bathroom/ worst ever cabin layout + storage.

The same class cabin with the bed by the balcony made the room so much

bigger and convenient for getting in and out of closet. The cabins on Oasis

are already small/bed by balcony makes a big difference!

There are many reasons to want the bed in a certain location in a room that are not petty. The bed by the hallway makes it difficult to walk past the bed into the room while using my cane or walker.

Push....push....push. darn my delete button is broken again. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just shaking my head at that comment.

So why do people keep asking this question? I can think of reasons for wanting the bed in either position. Are people hoping it's by the balcony for sleeping with the balcony door open?

I wonder why they keep asking this question when there are multiple threads that expalin how to find out the answer on here. One thread had an excellent explaination with pictures on how to identify the bed locations in the cabins. I guess no one wants to expend a little effort to find the answer on their own. As this question gets asked as new threads so often, maybe we should find that particular thread and have it posted as a "STICKY"?

And here is that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1702864&highlight=allure+and+oasis+balcony+cabin+bed+placement

To all that are interested. This thread is the best in showing you how to determine the bed placements on Oasis/Allure for Boardwalk balcony cabins. Now if I can just find the one for the oceanview balcony cabins.

Edited by Eng23

Here is an explaination from CC member Sonar. It can also be found in the referrenced link in previous post.

Oasis and Allure cabin configuration

Here is the short guide to rooms on the Oasis and Allure. BOTH ships have the same configurations. There may be a few exceptions to the following generality, but you will find this to be your best guideline…..

All non-suite cabins were built as a pair of cabins. There is a common wall between the 2 cabins that zigzags between them, and that dictates the bedding arrangement for each of the 2 rooms. The cabin configurations alternate; every other one is the same. Likewise, every adjacent cabin is different.

On the left-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the bathroom. This is a cramped arrangement and should be avoided. There is inadequate access to the closet, and you must lift your luggage over the bed to enter the stateroom. The cabin looks and feels crowded. Two people will have trouble getting dressed if they both need access to the closet and bath.

On the right-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the balcony. This is the preferred arrangement for most people. While not spacious, the cabin looks and feels comfortable.

You can tell which cabin is which by merely looking at the floor plan of the ship. Wherever you see adjoining cabins (shown by the arrows connecting 2 rooms), this is always ONE of the pair-of-cabins. When viewed from the hallway, there will be 2 entrance doors next to each other. One door is LEFT and one door is RIGHT.

Always remember: RIGHT is RIGHT. Select the door to the cabin on the RIGHT. It does not matter if they are inside cabins, ocean-view cabins, ocean-view balconies, Central Park balconies, Boardwalk balconies: RIGHT is RIGHT, when viewed from the hallway.

Once you find a adjoining cabin pair, merely count by two’s up or down the floor plan. This will show you each and every pair-of-cabins. Again, when viewed from the hallway, if you want a bed by the bath, select the left door. If you want the bed by the balcony, select the right door.

• 1 month later...

I feel the same way.

Sounds like big time over-planning.

Doesn't anyone just go take the trip as you go?

Leave a little imagination...

Edited by matj2000

I wonder why they keep asking this question when there are multiple threads that expalin how to find out the answer on here. One thread had an excellent explaination with pictures on how to identify the bed locations in the cabins. I guess no one wants to expend a little effort to find the answer on their own. As this question gets asked as new threads so often, maybe we should find that particular thread and have it posted as a "STICKY"?

Because most people are lazy and don't want to do anything for themselves.

It is easier to start a new thread on the topic for the 50th time then figure out how to find it by themselves..

Lazy is way better than rude in my opinion.

CC really needs a LIKE button! It's amazing how many rude comments are made here.

For those who are so flummoxed by the questions - why do you click on the thread?? If you don't want to help those with questions why don't you just move on? Why do you feel compelled to make the OP feel bad about asking the question? Yes, there are multiple threads on this topic. However, maybe the OP is new to CC and doesn't know about the Search Thread option or maybe they are on hold with RCCL and just trying to get a quick answer to a question.

People can have many reasons for asking questions - you don't have to be rude.

Honestly, I would much rather read multiple threads on the same topic from nice people, than read any responses from rude people.

I don't feel it is rude when you point out how to find the information someone is seeking. I do however feel that once it is explained in the thread to find the information on your own that people would take the initiative to do it themselves.

The information to find out the bed position is not hard to find here. Don't some of you think it is better to tell someone where and how to find the info as opposed to spoon feeding it to them?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Eng23

I don't feel it is rude when you point out how to find the information someone is seeking. I do however feel that once it is explained in the thread to find the information on your own that people would take the initiative to do it themselves.

The information to find out the bed position is not hard to find here. Don't some of you think it is better to tell someone where and how to find the info as opposed to spoon feeding it to them?

Thank You,

I was not being rude, it comes out that way on print because the lack of tone.

Since we now live in a "I am Offended' society, its hard to say anything without people getting bent out of shape.

The problem with starting a new thread for everything is that it pushes good questions/comments off the 1st & 2nd page, which basically means they are gone for good.

Personally, I use the Search function all the time and anytime I have a question.

97% of the time I find it in previous threads.

That's why I very rarely start new topics..............

Edited by matj2000