Bucarest to Budapest

Los_Pepes

Has anyone ever taken a Uniworld (or any other line for that matter) from Bucarest to Budapest? I am cuious to see how that experience differs from the upper Danube.

I am open to any nuggets of info.

Thanks!

Has anyone ever taken a Uniworld (or any other line for that matter) from Bucarest to Budapest? I am cuious to see how that experience differs from the upper Danube.

Thanks!

Not yet. We're doing Bucharest to Bonn next year. I'll have to let you know. :D

Edited by Shmoo here

Thanks!

Hi, we did it with Viking last year and went for a week from Bucharest to Budapest, then carried on to Amsterdam. It was amazing, and we found the first part very interesting, as its not as well known or visited, so the tourist infrastructure is minimal. We saw a lovely horse show in Romania, had a traditional "in ground oven"meal with a chance to taste guinea pig as well as traditional meats. We had sweet children doing their dances and songs on board, and we visited public buildings and markets. In Serbia and Slovakia, there are still bombed out areas, and the poverty is more marked, but the people are lovely and there is always a glass of plum brandy to greet you at different venues. We were very happy that we included that part of the previous Communist countries in our tour. If you go onto Vikings web site, they give you quite a comprehensive rundown of the tours they do there. Hope it helps, Nicole

We did this a couple of years ago on the Viking Primadonna. It included a night in a Bucharest hotel and a couple of nights in a Budapest hotel. It was a quite a packed itinerary for our liking, but we have not done any other river cruises and suspect they could all be the same.

We were the only ship around until we reached Budapest, then there were a number of ships and tour groups were abundant in Budapest. I suspect further west is much more touristy like Budapest. We would still like to revisit Budapest though.

The itinerary was well worth doing.

because I want to see the rest of the Danube.Have done Amsterdam to Budapest in sections.Loved Budapest and wanted cruise with a few days there.Picked Scenic due to best itinerary and ship for us.Also, excursion to Transylvania inc.,not extra like others I saw. Will be interesting to go to Black Sea,port of Constanta.Glad I didn't book reg.Black Sea cruise,what a mess that would be right now,right?:confused:

We did this itinerary 10 years ago with Uniworld. Traveled from Bucharest-Budapest. Liked this direction because the further west you go the more capitalism we saw. Our guides were wonderful--very knowledgeable about and proud of their country's struggles to overcome communism.

Enjoy your trip. Pat