It pays to shop around!

I know we keep saying it...... But it is true.

Looking at an Easter sailing 2015 Bris to NZ return. 14 nights. Balcony Cabin:

1x T.A. $2779.

Cruise company site $2889

another 2x T.A. 's $2889

All for the exact same cabin or cabin choices.

For fun I checked a well touted USA site that peeps bang on about...

$3099. :eek:

I figure a saving of $110 p.p. Is good enough as OBC in my world! :)

Happy Easter everyone!

I know we keep saying it...... But it is true.

Looking at an Easter sailing 2015 Bris to NZ return. 14 nights. Balcony Cabin:

1x T.A. $2779.

Cruise company site $2889

another 2x T.A. 's $2889

All for the exact same cabin or cabin choices.

For fun I checked a well touted USA site that peeps bang on about...

$3099. :eek:

I figure a saving of $110 p.p. Is good enough as OBC in my world! :)

Happy Easter everyone!

$2779 for a balcony cabin for 14 days is a rip off in my book.

You could cruise from Sydney to Hawaii in a balcony cabin for a similar price.

i think you would be paying more to cruise to Hawaii plus your air fare home

with the 14 day cruise to NZ that sounds about right with princess but with RCI on the Radiance it seems so much dearer

It certainly does pay to do your research.

We were contemplating another NZ cruise for later this year...wanted to take grandkids...and that meant getting into holiday period.

Princess was offering various options (we are platinum with Princess so we looked there first) and the roundtrip from our home port of Brisbane was going to cost a fair few bucks.

Eventually looked at Celebrity. We had sailed on Solstice last year and found her a wonderful vessel...far superior to the older Sun Class Princess ships.

What I eventually found with Celebrity, I booked.

1. Cruise on Solstice ex Auckland to Sydney in Cat 1A balcony on the Hump was $1542ea +$156ea Port charges + $138ea for prepaid tips = $1836ea adult.

2. Kids sailed for FREE. Only have to pay port charges and tips

3. Free Beverage Package for 2 adults

This meant we get to cruise with g/kids for $4260...all inclusive of meals and adult drinks.

Had to find flights, which cost $300/a Bne to Auk and $225/c Bne to Auk. Return flights ex Syd to Bne were $145pp.

Overall package $5890 only extras would be land transport, shore excursions and photos.(and we might allow G/kids a few drinks :D)

All up costing for Sea Princess (in a standard balcony cabin) would have been over $8k.:eek:

Celebrity pricing has since gone up, but still way better than Princess.

cheers

I cant see how you can say that is a rip off. Its around the going price and very fair value for what you get.

The cruise from Sydney to Hawaii could be descibed as a rip off ...if you were so inclined....as they dont add that you need to pay a vey expensive one way air fare to get home and more than likely , at least a 1 night hotel stay, to fit in with flight schedules.

I cant see how you can say that is a rip off. Its around the going price and very fair value for what you get.

The cruise from Sydney to Hawaii could be descibed as a rip off ...if you were so inclined....as they dont add that you need to pay a vey expensive one way air fare to get home and more than likely , at least a 1 night hotel stay, to fit in with flight schedules.

But you are also getting to hawaii for a holiday which of course you wouldn't on the nz cruise.

The cruise we are doing in April next year also goes to NZ,Tahiti & then Hawaii.

Very good value compared to the NZ cruise.

It's probably in the school holidays so prices are dearer.

We originally paid far more than that for a balcony cabin on the Sun Princess Christmas cruise later this year, however I spotted a price drop last week and my TA was able to cancel my original booking and rebook under the lower price which was similar to the one above. We've saved over $1000 so are very happy. That was a very nice Easter present. :D

Sometimes people don't have the flexibility to be able to do cruises when prices are at their cheapest, especially the longer cruises.

$200 per day p/p for a balcony isn't fair value in my book.

I'm cruising in a suite with Ncl for far less per day....room is twice the size.

Each to their own.

I think it sounds about right actually.

You do save on a return cruise in my opinion. Airfares back can be ridiculous unless you want to spend some time at the end location anyhow.

That sounds like a pretty good price for the itinerary and the holiday time. NZ cruises are fantastic. I agree, if it is the exact same product, it is worth a quick check around of the prices. The only question I would ask is any fees for cancellations or change of bookings etc?

We have friends that say they don't like to pay more than $75 per night for an inside, but they never seem to get one for that price as they like to travel Christmas!

School holidays are much more expensive, and I have had more of a think about it (had a quick look around prices of other cruises around that time), I reckon that is a pretty good price personally. :)

:o

Didn't mean to start a storm in a teacup peeps! Easter is April 3 (Good Friday) in 2015 which makes the cruise dear as poison :(, as it's peak time! Was only looking at it as we live in Brisvegas so no fares to Sydney, luggage restrictions etc or accommodation. Plus we love the sea Prinny. I saw a much cheaper version on RCCL a while back. :) We are booked on X for T.A. In Oct, so waiting to see what we think of that before booking another one!