Formal or NOT

We are getting ready for our NOS sailing on May 25,2014. We were wondering if there are still Formal nights. We have sailed several times on RCCL and always had Monday and Fridays as Formal nights. Do Formal nights still exist? I see more smart causal and no Formal nights.

We are getting ready for our NOS sailing on May 25,2014. We were wondering if there are still Formal nights. We have sailed several times on RCCL and always had Monday and Fridays as Formal nights. Do Formal nights still exist? I see more smart causal and no Formal nights.

There are two formal nights on a 7 day cruise.

We had 2 formal nights on the Explorer but now it says "suggested ware" there were men wearing tux's and women wearing formal gowns along with men with no ties and women in capris.

Would a shirt and tie and nice sundresses be acceptable?. I would probably just skip the MDR on Fancy nights if i had to rent a tux or wear a Suit jacket (I Run hot and it becomes uncomfortable 3-4 minutes after i put it on. Having to wear pants in the Bahamas will be bad enough lol)

Would a shirt and tie and nice sundresses be acceptable?. I would probably just skip the MDR on Fancy nights if i had to rent a tux or wear a Suit jacket (I Run hot and it becomes uncomfortable 3-4 minutes after i put it on. Having to wear pants in the Bahamas will be bad enough lol)

You will be permitted in the MDR in anything other than prohibited items (e.g., shorts). For what it's worth, I find the dining rooms pretty cold regardless of where the ship is.

We were on the EOS recently and DH wore nice shirt and dress pants. He's disable and getting him dressed is not an easy task. He wore what I can get him into and what he is comfortable in. I wore nice slacks and sparkly tops.

Being disabled does not make the Windjammer a possibility as he cannot balance plates, etc. so we chose to dine in the MDR and no one said a word to us. We looked fine and had very nice meals.

DH did say that he hopes the next time we cruise that he's better and can at least manage a sports jacket but if he can't, I won't let that stop us from eating in the MDR on formal nights.

Nothing can beat the woman who came into the MDR on formal night wearing a floor length terry beach cover-up and a shrug as her formal outfit. All I can say is, she tried. ;)

Yes. You would be perfectly comfortable. Some still enjoy the pleasure of a nice dress up evening, while still others find that a smart casual is a great fit. As mentioned on a 7 day cruise, Mon & Fri are formal nights. I was recently on the Navigator and the number of men wearing coats was about 50%, maybe even less.

Enjoy the cruise. BTW, Friday formal night is generally lobster night.

What you describe will be fine in the MDR on "formal" nights. A tux or suit is not required and many will be dressed as you describe. Enjoy...