So how "Good" are the bartenders??

A few months ago I found this AWESOME YouTube channel called "Tipsy Bartender" They make some really amazing drinks on their videos.

Are these bartenders up to date with some of these awesome mixed drinks? Or am I better off being prepared writing down some of these recipes and taking them along with me?

Just curious with what's available on board. I'll be on FOS if anyone was curious of what boat we'll be on.

I'm also a beer fan as well, does anyone know if there's a beer/wine list of what they carry? I for one an a blue moon fan. Sam Adams summer ales etc.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

A few months ago I found this AWESOME YouTube channel called "Tipsy Bartender" They make some really amazing drinks on their videos.

Are these bartenders up to date with some of these awesome mixed drinks? Or am I better off being prepared writing down some of these recipes and taking them along with me?

Just curious with what's available on board. I'll be on FOS if anyone was curious of what boat we'll be on.

I'm also a beer fan as well, does anyone know if there's a beer/wine list of what they carry? I for one an a blue moon fan. Sam Adams summer ales etc.

Thanks

Beers: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38675006&postcount=4

Drinks: http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Edited by clarea

Thanks so much for the beer list. A few of my favorites are listed! I Didnt see any Bud light lime though. :-(

I couldn't find any lists of "fruity" frozen mixed drinks. That's what I was curious about, if they can make "specialized" frozen mixed drinks if I brought the ingredients?

It depends on how exotic the drinks and ingredients are. For the most part, the Freedom bartenders are prepared to make the standard array of mixed drinks that you could expect any bartender to be able to make. If you want them to make a "I just invented this 5 seconds ago", bring the recipe. They will do their best to accommodate you. But keep in mind, they are limited by the ingredients they have on hand - alcoholic and otherwise.

That's what I was curious about, if they can make "specialized" frozen mixed drinks if I brought the ingredients?

For the most part, they are making drinks (especially the frozen ones) using Island Tropics drink mixes. They also use Monin syrups. If you can make the drink using those, chances are good they can do it.

Let me know if this link works

this drink looks pretty awesome! I'd love to try it

Link works fine and that drink does look good. The bars on Freedom have all the ingredients (nothing special in that drink). I'm betting you'll have to give them a recipe, though. However, I could see them not being too thrilled to make it because it takes a long time and uses the blender 3 times for just one drink. The 3 bars on Freedom's pool deck get pretty swamped during the day when 4,200 passengers decide to layout and enjoy a drink or two. I'm not sure how they'd price it either. It might end up being a super expensive drink if they go by the shot (1 oz). But you could give it a try - the worst they can say is "no".

Let me know if this link works

this drink looks pretty awesome! I'd love to try it

I'm sorry but I have a problem with people using kids' cartoon characters to promote alcoholic beverages.

Just sayin...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you are on Freedom before about December 2014, find Slavisa. He is a GREAT bartender and can invent drinks based on your description of flavor. Tell him his cousins in Colorado sent you.

Oh, and ask him for a "From Bosnia with Love".

You'll like this....

We did a little pub crawl on Vision for a friend's birthday when we encountered a bartender by the name of Diego back in the "Some Enchanted Evening" lounge.

Well, this was our last stop and Diego had the place to himself except for us. We were trying to make drink decisions and he said "Pick a flavor!" Ok, so we start picking flavors....

Diego pops out an Iphone with a drinks database downloaded on it. He starts mixing some very interesting shots. We didn't get any bad ones either!

Of course we discovered the next day we'd been dubbed the "Shot Stars" for that cruise!

Good bartenders are out there!

If you are on Freedom before about December 2014, find Slavisa. He is a GREAT bartender and can invent drinks based on your description of flavor. Tell him his cousins in Colorado sent you.

Oh, and ask him for a "From Bosnia with Love".

Ohhh darn it! I'll be there in January :-(

I love really cool looking tropical drinks bright and colorful! There's one they make called the blue Hawaiian mountain or something along those line. Another that looks great is pina coolata and strawberry daquari

I'll have to find the name of the one.

Sorry you will miss my cousin from Bosnia. He really is a great bartender, as well as a great guy who I am proud to call a friend. Not sure who else is still on board. I'll try and find out from Slavisa, but it may be 6 months or so from now. I'll post any info I receive on this thread.

Thanks! I think I may just write down how the drinks are made and see what they can come up with.

The video on their pina coolata looks amazing. The use a chunk of fresh pineapple, cream of coconut, white rum and pineapple juice with ice and blend. Looks amazing!

They can make pina coladas, strawberry daiquiris, whatever you want as long as they have the stuff...and they have a lot of flavors of that Island Oasis stuff......

I generally say I want something frozen and blue and they whip it up....or frozen and green or pink...orange...whatever...

Just keep in mind that if they're really busy they may not have a lot of time to get really fancy...I figure if the bar is slow they'll be more open to getting creative...

Those pretty green thank you notes help too...

You are WAAAAY overthinking this.....have you been drinking??? Lol! They can make anything you can think up.

Lol nope not at all.

Been home all day in bed with the stomach bug and was on YouTube watching all these neat frozen drink videos, so I became curious to what they have available. :-)

Do you mean a Miami Vice? Try the assorted Lava Flows, a BBC, or the frozen mojitos.

Don't leave out the ever under estimated B-52. That one makes a good after dinner drink.

Do you mean a Miami Vice? Try the assorted Lava Flows, a BBC, or the frozen mojitos.

Yes the Miami Vice! I just spent 10 mins finding it.

So want to try this! Looks amazing

Here is another I found that looks great too.

http://youtu.be/ZXpyD4gbvRo