Lunches

SEAEDP

It seems that the only place to grab lunch is on the Lido deck by the pool and is casual. Do other restaurants onboard the ship serve lunch? I'm sailing on the Westerdam on May 3 and just wanted to know other options for lunch.

The MDR serves lunch on sea days. The hours are posted in the 'On Location'. You can also order from room service. The Pinnacle Grill is open for lunch for bugers, hotdogs, and there is a taco bar there. On some ships the Pinnacle Grill is now called the 'Dive In'.

The MDR serves lunch on sea days. The hours are posted in the 'On Location'. You can also order from room service. The Pinnacle Grill is open for lunch for bugers, hotdogs, and there is a taco bar there. On some ships the Pinnacle Grill is now called the 'Dive In'.

I thought the Dive-In is what was the Terrace Grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely not the only place. Usually lunch is served in the Main Dining Room also, and if it's a sea day, in the Pinnacle Grill, as well, and my favourite, actually is in the Lido Restaurant, where there are tons of salads, made to order sandwiches, sushi, and hot dishes as well. You won't go hungry! It's always fun to make up a plate of cheese and crackers to take back to your stateroom to have in the evening with a drink before dinner, if you don't want to go to a bar. There's usually a tea party of some sort in the MDR in the afternoon if you're feeling hungry between meals!:) Enjoy your cruise.

The Pinnacle Grill is not anywhere by the Lido. The Pinnacle Grill serves lunch on some days. The Terrace Grill is on Lido deck next to the pool. The Lido Buffet, as mentioned previously, has a nice variety of food options. There is the Main Dining Room and room service are also great options for lunch. You can always find food on a HAL ship.

Diane

Lido

Room Service -- nice menu

Some days the main dining room is open for lunch.

Some days the Pinnacle Grill is open for lunch -- $10 per person charge.

The Terrace Grill by the Lido Pool will be open -- it may even be changed to the new Dive-In by the time you get on the ship.

I mis-typed the Pinnacle Grill, intending to enter the Terrace Grill. An error that my friends here on CC were prompt to point out.;)

While it is a simple error, it is an important enough one that it really did require pointing it out. Some small errors are of no significance but IMO anyone who corrected Pinnacle Grill vs Terrace Grill was correct in doing so. I am sure no one meant you any embarrassment or discomfort about an error.

Edited by sail7seas

While it is a simple error, it is an important enough one that it really did require pointing it out. Some small errors are of no significance but IMO anyone who corrected Pinnacle Grill vs Terrace Grill was correct in doing so. I am sure no one meant you any embarrassment or discomfort about an error.

And none was taken on my part...thus the ;)

Thanks Judy.

Really? I loved going to the Pinnacle Grill for a nice,leisurely lunch. I can't believe they have changed to hot dogs, burgers and a taco bar. Sad news if it's true.

Edited by candbgirl

Really? I loved going to the Pinnacle Grill for a nice,leisurely lunch. I can't believe they have changed to hot dogs, burgers and a taco bar. Sad news if it's true.
Apparently a simple misunderstanding following a typo. Not to worry. Edited by BumperII

Sorry for the confusion. The Pinnacle Grill is still as it was. My error. It's the Terrace Grill, located at the Lido Pool, that's changing to the Dive In. I hope that dissuades your worries!

NOT Pinnacle Grill.:eek: Proper old name was Terrace Grill. The Pinnacle is a pay extra fee place to eat.:)

Great lunch at Pinnacle well worth the 10 dollars

I need to give this a try, but we seldom have a big lunch, with a big breakfast and big dinner.

Maybe a good idea for a late port day.

DaveOKC