Adventure - Aft JS 1694 or GS?

What would you guys do? We were on Adventure last year in a GS and LOVED it. The perks were the best part, especially the special pool seating & Conceriege lounge and seating at the shows.. This year, looking at Adventure again (since we were on the sailing that didn't make it to Aruba and Curacao). Right now, JS 1694, huge aft balcony is available, or another GS? The GS is an extra $1000 right now than the JS. We've never had an aft balcony, but I feel like I'm going to miss the GS perks and the amazing room & bathroom

I'm afraid I've been spoiled in a GS and absolutely love all the perks. Full room service menu, bridge tour and concierge lounge being up there at the top. I know for as long as I can afford it, I'll continue to opt for a GS.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide:)

I am in the minority on this question. We were in a GS when our tablemates had that JS. We showed each other our cabins and I fell in love with their large balcony on the aft. I felt our GS balcony seemed closed in when compared to theirs. I immediately went and changed our booking from the GS to the JS on our next year's b2b sailing. We didn't regret it because I loved sitting out on the balcony watching the wake. We debated on the fact that we would lose some perks but I am glad we made the decision to save the money and choose the JS.

I am in the minority on this question. We were in a GS when our tablemates had that JS. We showed each other our cabins and I fell in love with their large balcony on the aft. I felt our GS balcony seemed closed in when compared to theirs. I immediately went and changed our booking from the GS to the JS on our next year's b2b sailing. We didn't regret it because I loved sitting out on the balcony watching the wake. We debated on the fact that we would lose some perks but I am glad we made the decision to save the money and choose the JS.

That's what I'm thinking.. The wake is mesmerizing, but I loved the full menu room service for breakfast, etc

We're currently in 1324 on Adventure and yes, it'll be difficult to go back to a lower category cabin, but this is a TA and is for a special occasion. Personally, I don't care how big the aft balconies are on Voyager class, I don't like the superstructure that can spoil the view, nor the soot from the stacks.

This GS is perfect location for us, just around the corner from the aft elevators and stairs. This means 1 deck down to the concierge lounge and 1 deck up to the pool deck, Windjammer and Giovanni's Table.

The balcony is great for the 2 of us and we have a full size table, 2 armchairs and 1 lounger. As the dividers are not glass it feels, and is more private.

A couple of pics of the balcony for 1324

8ynetepy.jpg

aduqezug.jpg

nege8u2u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the exact room we had about a month ago :) I loved the location. It's already taken on the cruise I'm looking at however

• 2 weeks later...

Which deck were you in for JS on the Adventure? We have a JS o. The starboard side, but the aft looks so, so inviting....