New Azamara Brochure : Another Marketing/Technology Blunder

Andy

As for the dogs, well I don't think it is a good picture to use. The dogs don't look happy at all. They look like they are being held captive! I kind of feel sorry for them. Just to note, I love dogs. These two look sad to me. May be more of a happy dog, wearing a sailor's hat would have caught my attention better.

Andy was spot on and this only confirms my belief that Azamara corporate is being run by a group that has no idea of how to run a cruise line. Is there

a plan on how they are going to replace their aging ships?

Bonnie, please share with us the plan that AZ cruise lines has to add to there aging (vintage R ships) with us if you can. So many other cruise lines have plans for new builds (and currently building) how bout Azamara?

Edited by need2cruisesoon

Chief blogging officer.

Code for

Chief damage limitation officer.

The job has, since in inception, been to try to help an explain to those vocal on ACC shore side shortcomings what is being done to try to overcome them and help customers that are running into serious problems.

I have to say I was more than impressed with the way Bill handled issues, generous with patience, in most cases either helped solve peoples problems or gave relatively plausible explanations for on going issues after what seemed like thorough background research within the company.

I noticed a switch to 'Roos' today, too! Thought I was seeing things. Perhaps they are harbingers of next year's itineraries 'down under'?

I would respectfully request that Azamara identify the locations of the beautiful scenery shots they use throughout the website. Not all of them are iconic. This might go a long way to tempting me to travel to these locations.

As for the phone experience, here's another suggestion, for what it's worth. I spent about 10 min. on hold today, waiting to speak to a cruise consultant and while I waited, was treated to a lengthy and repetitious spiel about the glories of cruising on RCCL....the skating rinks, the rock climbing walls, Broadway shows, and, especially Starbucks coffee!

Wake up marketing folks... This is definitely NOT what an Azamara customer wants to listen to while waiting too long for a response. I'd rather forget the connection to all that megaship stuff. Don't drive me away.

I noticed a switch to 'Roos' today, too! Thought I was seeing things. Perhaps they are harbingers of next year's itineraries 'down under'?

Hi Syam,

I was thinking the same thing. Supposedly, Azamara's 2016 itineraries will be announced this week. We'll see if that's the connection.

My problem with the new brochure is more substantive than the photo of the dogs or the mailing difficulties. We identified a cruise in the brochure that we were interested in. When we tried to book it, we discovered that the price had gone up 20%. This turned out to be beside the point, because that cruise was no longer eligible for the double upgrade. There is no indication in the brochure that the number of such discounts is limited. The only reference is in the small print, on the page that says there is no small print. There, there is the usual boilerplate disclaimer about the offers being subject to change, withdrawal, etc. I guess they have a maximum number of rooms that they are willing to discount. The cruise is not sold out.

I realize that Azamara is within its rights to do whatever they want with their discounts, but it seems to be rather sleazy to me. It's too bad that the experience on the ship is so wonderful, but the shoreside component of the company doesn't function at the same high level.

I would respectfully request that Azamara identify the locations of the beautiful scenery shots they use throughout the website. Not all of them are iconic. This might go a long way to tempting me to travel to these locations.

As for the phone experience, here's another suggestion, for what it's worth. I spent about 10 min. on hold today, waiting to speak to a cruise consultant and while I waited, was treated to a lengthy and repetitious spiel about the glories of cruising on RCCL....the skating rinks, the rock climbing walls, Broadway shows, and, especially Starbucks coffee!

Wake up marketing folks... This is definitely NOT what an Azamara customer wants to listen to while waiting too long for a response. I'd rather forget the connection to all that megaship stuff. Don't drive me away.

Not surprising at all. For years, AZ has been the ugly step-child of RCCL. RCCL will not commit any dollars to give AZ the real separate identity that it deserves. When you have 30 ships holding thousands of passengers, why would you worry about AZ, their 2 ships and its 1,300 passengers? The lack of upgrading the ships is another example of non commitment to the AZ brand. AZ is merely a pimple on RCCL's corporate body. The lack of actions speaks much louder than words.

Checking US and UK sites I am seeing roos not dogs!

Hi Insidecabin,

That's very interesting. The photo of the Dogs was on Azamara's website since the inception of this promotion, until about 2-3 days ago, when I last checked. Now, it's Kangaroos. As member Syam mentioned, it's likely related to the upcoming 2016 itinerary release. Whatever it is, they seem to be bouncing around, in trying to find the optimum visual for the new promotion.

Another item to consider. Azamara's 7th Birthday happens to be today (May 4th). Instead of dogs and kangaroos, why not a "7 Azamazing Years" Birthday promotion ? IMO, Azamara missed a huge marketing opportunity here.

I remain confident that a photo of Journey & Quest together (or a photoshop if need be) would have been a perfect visual for a "double" themed promotion, but I'm virtually certain that Azamara would never admit to this, especially after all of the discussion on this thread. FWIW, both ships were together in Kotor Bay last year, so there must be photos of the event. Here's the thread, from member English Tim, with a cool video (in post #3), confirming the meeting of Journey & Quest : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2010457 .

IMO, aside from Azamara's uninspiring choice of photos for a cruise line, it's a good promotion, and, they've fared well with previous cabin upgrade promotions... so I hope it's very successful for them.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Insidecabin,

That's very interesting. The photo of the Dogs was on Azamara's website since the inception of this promotion, until about 2-3 days ago, when I last checked. Now, it's Kangaroos. As member Syam mentioned, it's likely related to the upcoming 2016 itinerary release. Whatever it is, they seem to be bouncing around, in trying to find the optimum visual for the new promotion.

Another item to consider. Azamara's 7th Birthday happens to be today (May 4th). Instead of dogs and kangaroos, why not a "7 Azamazing Years" Birthday promotion ? IMO, Azamara missed a huge marketing opportunity here.

I remain confident that a photo of Journey & Quest together (or a photoshop if need be) would have been a perfect visual for a "double" themed promotion, but I'm virtually certain that Azamara would never admit to this, especially after all of the discussion on this thread. FWIW, both ships were together in Kotor Bay last year, so there must be photos of the event. Here's the thread, from member English Tim, with a cool video (in post #3), confirming the meeting of Journey & Quest : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2010457 .

IMO, aside from Azamara's uninspiring choice of photos for a cruise line, it's a good promotion, and, they've fared well with previous cabin upgrade promotions... so I hope it's very successful for them.

Upgrade promotions just highlight you have cabins no one wants at the price you want to sell them.

While we are on branding

.co.uk has different images to .com(uk)

The wiki page is out of date need the more inclusive updates.

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azamara_Club_Cruises[/URL]

as does the CC review page

[URL]http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/cruiseline.cfm?CruiseLineID=104[/URL]