Isla de Pasion by Twister

cruisingbajan

We did this excursion a few years ago and loved it! The crew were wonderful. Just be aware that the boat does twist and turn just before and after leaving Passion Island. As long as you're ok with that- go for it. We would do it again in a minute.

Did it on my cruise in October. Loved it. Be sure to hand anything that you do not want to get wet to the crew so that they can store it up front. You will definitely be getting wet.

We did this excursion a few years ago and loved it! The crew were wonderful. Just be aware that the boat does twist and turn just before and after leaving Passion Island. As long as you're ok with that- go for it. We would do it again in a minute.

Yup...well aware of that part of it.:D

How was the Island itself?...the food etc...

Did it on my cruise in October. Loved it. Be sure to hand anything that you do not want to get wet to the crew so that they can store it up front. You will definitely be getting wet.

How was the island itself? was there plenty of shade? Were the drinks strong?

Thanks

I enjoyed the food (guacamole and salsa were outstanding), drinks (loved the margaritas) and the beach. There is plenty of shade on the island. After a few (too many) margaritas, I found a hammock in the shade and relaxed (actually fell asleep) til it was time to leave. We are going back there next week so I can report if there are any changes since last time I went.

I enjoyed the food (guacamole and salsa were outstanding), drinks (loved the margaritas) and the beach. There is plenty of shade on the island. After a few (too many) margaritas, I found a hammock in the shade and relaxed (actually fell asleep) til it was time to leave. We are going back there next week so I can report if there are any changes since last time I went.

Sounds awesome and makes the anticipation even greater.

I would really appreciate your reporting back when you visit next week...thanks.:)

I noticed Allure is your next cruise....we are really looking forward to sailing her in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our trip to Passion Island. It was just as great as I remembered it to be. The food and drinks were awesome and the staff was wonderful. There was a small crowd there the day we visited so it made it even nicer. I would definitely visit there again!!!

• 1 year later...

I am strongly considering this excursion during my cruise in January. I have a few questions:

1) is there shopping for souvenirs on the island? Also, is there enough time after the excursion to do some shopping near the ship's dock - I am cruising RCL.

2). With regard to drinks while on the island, has anyone had problems with "negative side effects" commonly associated with the water in Mexico??

• 5 weeks later...
I am strongly considering this excursion during my cruise in January. I have a few questions:

1) is there shopping for souvenirs on the island? Also, is there enough time after the excursion to do some shopping near the ship's dock - I am cruising RCL.

2). With regard to drinks while on the island, has anyone had problems with "negative side effects" commonly associated with the water in Mexico??

I'm guessing maybe you've already received answers to your post but I'm just now seeing it so if not...

We took this several years ago and loved it. The boat ride over and back is a hoot and the island is fantastic. Great food, picture perfect scenery (several Corona commercials have been shot on the island).

I don't remember there being much in the way of souvenir shopping on the island but there could be. I'm presuming if there is, it's not much.

We also didn't have any issues with the drinks after visiting the island. While I didn't get crazy, I did have my fair share of complimentary drinks and would have remembered having any issues, headache or otherwise.

And yes, depending on when you depart for the island, you should have plenty of time to shop around in Cozumel. We are booked on this tour this December and we leave at 9:30am and return just after 12noon. Ship doesn't depart until after 4pm. We will take a taxi to the downtown shopping area to see a few old resident friends (we have a couple of bars we just love and while I don't expect they remember us, we remember them) before we head back to the mail cruise terminal and do some shopping there as well.

This is the one port where we never get back on the ship until about 30 minutes before "curfew". Knock on wood...

• 2 weeks later...
We took the tour boat transfer over rather than the Twister to Passion Island.

Totally loved Passion Island. It's like being in a Corona ad. Absolutely lovely. :)

LuLu

Where is the tour boat transfer? We will be docking at Puerta Maya on Carnival Dream in November.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a note- this excursion didn't begin until 11:30AM. Our ship was in port at 8AM. We waited around at the pier for a couple of hours just walking around and looking at things. Then we went to the meeting spot and found out the speed boat had been cancelled due to high waves and winds. They did refund our money; however, they did not contact us or anything to let us know it had been cancelled. We basically wasted our entire morning when we could have found something else to do. We booked this tour through the ship (Royal Caribbean) and they blamed the tour operator for letting them know the tour was cancelled at the last minute.

We also did this excursion last October with the power catamaran. It was a long boat ride and once we arrived spent a lot of time being asked to tip everyone for their hard work and service before we even stepped on the island. Once we arrived the island was nice, food was so-so, however the drinks were free flowing. The time we actually spent on the time was very limited because we had the long boat ride back to the pier. Wouldn't recommend it, went to Mr. Sanchos in December and loved it. Would rather choose how long we get to stay and enjoy our day at the beach. So our opinion on Passion Island.

We went there (although not by the Twister because our cruise didn't off it :() so I can only comment on the island itself.

I have a full review in my signature line with TONS of pictures if you are interested. :) It's definitely a beautiful island!

We did the regular boat, not the Twister, but wound up at the same place. This was in the winter of 2012.

The island was nice. The beer was included and cold. The rum punch was included and my wife enjoyed it. All the other drinks were cash bar.

They have a fake market set up and it was as bad as they always are.

They really have a hard sell on a photo as you arrive. A really, really, really hard sell. Like they wouldn't let you past unless you posed for the photo and then the guy came around and did the "I'm just a poor, poor, person who will never afford a cruise. Please help my 12 children have dinner tonight by buying this photo." That's paraphrasing, but fairly accurate.

The water was clear and the sand was soft.

We did the regular boat, not the Twister, but wound up at the same place. This was in the winter of 2012.

The island was nice. The beer was included and cold. The rum punch was included and my wife enjoyed it. All the other drinks were cash bar.

They have a fake market set up and it was as bad as they always are.

They really have a hard sell on a photo as you arrive. A really, really, really hard sell. Like they wouldn't let you past unless you posed for the photo and then the guy came around and did the "I'm just a poor, poor, person who will never afford a cruise. Please help my 12 children have dinner tonight by buying this photo." That's paraphrasing, but fairly accurate.

The water was clear and the sand was soft.

HI and thanks for the review. I am interested in taking the regular boat over instead of the twister. Do you recall the name of the boat company or how to make arrangements? Thanks!!

HI and thanks for the review. I am interested in taking the regular boat over instead of the twister. Do you recall the name of the boat company or how to make arrangements? Thanks!!

We found them loading on the pier because we saw a couple we'd met on the ship. That couple had booked through the ship. We just paid the guy on the pier (about $30-40 cheaper than the boat, if I remember correctly) and got a wristband. We boarded the slow boat right next to where the Twister people boarded.

The boat company was simply the Isla Pasion crew. They all had shirts on saying so.

Frankly, I'm not sure what we did was entirely on the up & up. We saw the couple we had met walking by in a Royal Caribbean tour group, we followed, I talked to the dude, he asked if I had cash and we wanted to go, I paid, we boarded, and enjoyed our trip. Maybe it was? I'm not sure.

http://islapasion.com.mx/home/ is their direct site. You can book there using PayPal according to the icons at the bottom.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey all!

Can anyone help me out and let me know how strict this excursion is on the 240lb weight limit? I am cruising for the 1st time with a group and some of our members are over that weight limit. Really interest in this excursion but concerned it may not work for all of us.

Thanks!