Aft Adult Pools?

MissKIA

Some ships (Splendor, Conquest) have adult only aft pools, which is actually a deal breaker to us. It is possible to choose those cruises, or cruise on a less child-friendly cruise line, if that's very important to you. I do think that you have to expect kids on Carnival and lots of kids when school is out. Most ships also have the Serenity adult-only areas with hot tubs, which those of us who cruise with young children visit for about an hour a day, if we're lucky. :)

I agree that one has to expect kids on a Carnival cruise when school is out. However, the question wasn't whether kids are allowed to cruise. It was whether they are allowed in the aft pools and hot tubs. There is a big difference between the two.

I think it's fair to have a part of the ship where adults can enjoy the tranquility of the pools and hot tubs without children. I'm not anti-children. I have two of my own who are now young adults. I have spent many a day in the main pool area of a ship surrounded by children, including my own. And I enjoyed it very much. Now I'm at a stage where I would like the same opportunity to relax in a calmer atmosphere. I don't see any reason why Carnival shouldn't have one area for family (main pool area) and one for adults. Wouldn't that make everyone happy? I don't see the downside.

Actually, there can be a serious consequences for a small child in a hot tub. Overheating, heart stoppages, etc. have been known to happen when a child remains in a hot tub too long. That's why manufacturers and operators have child warnings against letting small kids get into them. I realize CCL's hot tubs aren't really that hot, but then, most kids stay way longer than 10 mins. And we're only talking about the aft pool/tub area. A parent can always plop the kid in the mid ship hot tubs.

:rolleyes: My daughter's not going to face serious consequences spending 15-20 minutes in a barely warm enough hot tub. That is why family waterparks allow children in their family hot tubs. She is old enough to hop out if she's feeling too warm. I would be much more worried about drunk adults who're dehydrated and not thinking clearly.

We liked hanging out in the aft area, where there wasn't loud music, constant activity, drunk people (yes, I know, expected on a Carnival cruise), and jammed packed hot tubs. The aft area actually felt more family-oriented. That area on the Victory has an ice cream machine, the pizza stand, and the grill, and was two decks from our aft room. We considered it a second home for five days, and we were calm and quiet while we were there. So, I'm maybe a little defensive. :D

There is an adults only area with adults only hot tubs...the Serenity deck. Which I am looking forward to enjoying on the cruise I am planning without my kids, on a ship that doesn't even have an aft pool. :)

I love that each ship has different features, so that people who want an adults-only aft pool can find one, while we can find ships that work well for us. I would not campaign to open the Splendor aft pool to kids. :)

Edited by KatieCharlotte

So kids are allowed in the aft pool on Victory. I love the aft pool for a family area less drinking and partying. We were on the Dream and loved the aft area, then went on the Legend was told by Carnival that it was the same setup. Let me tell you we were very disappointed. We were new to cruising and believed the representative. Now I found cruise critic and have read several times that the only ships kids are allowed in the aft pool is the Dream Class so that is the only ships I even look at.

Splendor was adult only in the rear pool and kids were allowed to wander around but not many did I think because of the amount of drinking going on during sea days!

We dont have children but isnt Carnival supposed to be a family style cruiseline:confused: so it seems a bit odd to have one of only 2 pools adult only when there is a serenity area.

Even Disney has an adults only pool. I love children but feel adults deserve to have a pool where they can relax without screaming, running kids around.i realize there is serenity area but there is no pool in that area except on Spirit class.

Pat

So kids are allowed in the aft pool on Victory. I love the aft pool for a family area less drinking and partying. We were on the Dream and loved the aft area, then went on the Legend was told by Carnival that it was the same setup. Let me tell you we were very disappointed. We were new to cruising and believed the representative. Now I found cruise critic and have read several times that the only ships kids are allowed in the aft pool is the Dream Class so that is the only ships I even look at.

The Victory aft pool is currently open to everyone. I think it may have been adults only before they added the Serenity deck. We loved the area and appreciated its retractable roof on a very windy sea day.

I called my PVP and relayed to her what I read here, and she insists that the Aft pool on the Dream is adults only. So far, she has never steered us wrong, but if indeed it is not adults only, we'll have to find a quiet spot with a hot tub and lounge chairs elsewhere, maybe on the Lanai as a previous post suggested. We're excited to sail from New Orleans and our cruise is not until 2015, so we'll see what happens. Ships the size of the Dream, really should have more than two pools.

I called my PVP and relayed to her what I read here, and she insists that the Aft pool on the Dream is adults only. So far, she has never steered us wrong, but if indeed it is not adults only, we'll have to find a quiet spot with a hot tub and lounge chairs elsewhere, maybe on the Lanai as a previous post suggested. We're excited to sail from New Orleans and our cruise is not until 2015, so we'll see what happens. Ships the size of the Dream, really should have more than two pools.

Your PVP IS WRONG Everyone is permitted on dream,magicand Breeze.

Tell me it isn't so; my PVP assured me the Aft pool on the Dream was adults only. We are pretty low maintenance when cruising and enjoy all ships, but that is our only criteria when choosing a ship that is a dealmaker/breaker.

The Dream aft pool is definitely open to everyone. I'm with you though, it should be adults only. We actually splurged and booked spa cabins for December so we can use the spa rooms kid free. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Even Disney has an adults only pool. I love children but feel adults deserve to have a pool where they can relax without screaming, running kids around.i realize there is serenity area but there is no pool in that area except on Spirit class.

Pat

You stated it exactly as I feel. I love kids too. And while yes there is a serenity area, like on Victory, there is no pool there. And I would like to have a pool to relax and cool off in.

Conquest definately adult only. My husband took our kids late at night (because it was empty) and main pool had strippers and guns on tv screen. They were kicked out. (I didn't go, I like to follow rules even if I dont agree with them. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I COULDNT AGREE MORE . With 2 pools on a ship one should be adults only .Im booked on Magic which both pools are open to everyone not lookin forward to sharing hot tub with kids.Dont get me wrong I love kids and its a great family vacation but for myself im tryin to escape kids an adults only pool would be preferred ..maybe someone shoulld suggest this to John Heald :)

The Victory actually has 4 pools. Two on the main lido deck, one on the main level with two hot tubs, and one at the bottom of the slide, also on main lido deck, but a few steps up, with a hot tub, the aft pool with two hot tubs, and a childrens pool on the same level as serenity, only on the other side for kiddies. So, this is a family cruise line, I understand that. And also understand everyone should be able to use a pool. But, i also believe that out of four pools certainly one, the aft pool, should be adults only.

Having the aft pool for adults only is a small perk that we have enjoyed on most of our cruises. The Victory was the only ship we've been on that the rule didn't apply. It definitely changed the atmosphere and not for the better in my opinion.

I think it should be adults only systemwide but I guess I wasn't home when the beards called to check on my opinion.

Not really sure if the are adult only

I have heard that but not really seen that.

If so putting the pizza place next to the aft pool wouldn't help matters any

It's the pool, not the area that is adult only.

Well I'm certainly disappointed that the aft pool on the magic allows kids. They already have the main pool. I was hoping that on such a big ship, they would have a pool for adults only. Not that I don't like kids. I just prefer that they stay in the big pool. I remember Conquest aft pool was for adults only.

The Victory actually has 4 pools. Two on the main lido deck, one on the main level with two hot tubs, and one at the bottom of the slide, also on main lido deck, but a few steps up, with a hot tub, the aft pool with two hot tubs, and a childrens pool on the same level as serenity, only on the other side for kiddies. So, this is a family cruise line, I understand that. And also understand everyone should be able to use a pool. But, i also believe that out of four pools certainly one, the aft pool, should be adults only.

Just to clarify, the "children's pool" is a very shallow wading pool, not one that a child could actually swim in.

The family-friendly aft pool on the Victory was our favorite thing about the ship. I'm glad Carnival has so many ships sailing from Florida with so many different features, so we can each find one that fits us best. Now, if they'd just play family-friendly movies between 7 and 9 p.m., maybe we'd be happier using a pool with a screen view during those hours. :D

Just to clarify, the "children's pool" is a very shallow wading pool, not one that a child could actually swim in.

The family-friendly aft pool on the Victory was our favorite thing about the ship. I'm glad Carnival has so many ships sailing from Florida with so many different features, so we can each find one that fits us best. Now, if they'd just play family-friendly movies between 7 and 9 p.m., maybe we'd be happier using a pool with a screen view during those hours. :D

Agree 100%

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I'm on the Breeze on Aug, hoping my 9 year old can use aft pool, we like to find a spot to chill all week. Anyone know for sure about Breeze? Thanks. Also, what is around Aft pool on Breeze?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Breeze over New Years and kids are definitely allowed in the aft pool and hot tubs.

We were lucky that the kids were very well behaved and we enjoyed interacting with them...no clue where their parents were.

We were on the Breeze over New Years and kids are definitely allowed in the aft pool and hot tubs.

We were lucky that the kids were very well behaved and we enjoyed interacting with them...no clue where their parents were.

Thank you. And trust me, my 9 yo would never be left unattended in an aft pool or anywhere else. I'm THAT parent who had been known to yell at strangers for bad parenting!! Comes from years of teaching, can't help it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums