Aft Adult Pools?

MissKIA

Are the Aft pools actually officially Adult Only? I have seen this mentioned many times on here but I've never noticed any signs or anything. Is this something official or is it just something people on here think? Maybe it's only on certain ships?

On the valor two weeks ago, a group of us went to the aft hot tubs late at night around 10:30pm. While we were there a group of about 6 teenagers (guessing ages 12-15ish) came and before they even stepped foot on the stairs to come up to the hot tubs there was a carnival employee there telling them they were not allowed. I was very impressed and yes, it was enforced on the valor.

Aft pools on Conquest class are adult only. It says on the Carnival website.

Doesn't matter what you read on the website. The Victory is a Conquest class ship. Just off of it, and the aft pool is not adults only. Filled with kids and some even had innertube type floats, which by the way are not supposed to be allowed in any of the pools.

On the Miracle in 2012 (Spirit Class ship) the aft pool was the adult pool and Serenity deck. On the Liberty (2013) and the Glory (2014) (both Conquest Class ships) the aft pool was adults only, although the Serenity area was forward on decks 11 and 12. In all three cases signs were posted and policies were enforced.

Edited by Mithril379@aol.com

Splendor aft pool is adult only & has signs posted.

I was on Splendor and I actually saw the adult only being inforced! Many familes were told the children could not use the pool. I wanted to applaud the employee who was telling them. I rarely see Carnival enforcing the rules they make.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

I had a wonderful time on the Dream in 2012. HOWEVER, my one complaint was the Serenity area. Yes, there are signs 21 and older BUT it was NOT enforced. I like to go to Serenity at night and sit a while looking at the ocean and listening to the waves. Serenity was over-run by a "gang" of 13 - 15 year olds!!! (I'm 50..). They actually came up to me and told me I should go back to my room and get out of "their" area. They were screaming, yelling profanities and acting up... Nobody enforced the 21 thing! A sign does not cut it. If you designate an "Adult" area it should be monitored. I DO love kids and expect them on a cruise, but I do NOT expect them to take-over an Adult only area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a wonderful time on the Dream in 2012. HOWEVER, my one complaint was the Serenity area. Yes, there are signs 21 and older BUT it was NOT enforced. I like to go to Serenity at night and sit a while looking at the ocean and listening to the waves. Serenity was over-run by a "gang" of 13 - 15 year olds!!! (I'm 50..). They actually came up to me and told me I should go back to my room and get out of "their" area. They were screaming, yelling profanities and acting up... Nobody enforced the 21 thing! A sign does not cut it. If you designate an "Adult" area it should be monitored. I DO love kids and expect them on a cruise, but I do NOT expect them to take-over an Adult only area.

I would have marched straight to guest services and told my story. No way would I have put up with that!!:mad:

Pat

they need to make all aft pools and hot tubs adults only. We like to use the area too. Kids don't need to be using hot tubs for pools.

That drives me crazy. We were on the Liberty last month and yes the aft pool is adults only, but I was in the hot tub next to the main pool, and a lady brought her young daughter in the hot tub to teach her to snorkel. I looked at her like are you crazy and got out. I have kids and they cruise with us, but I would never allow my children to snorkel in the hot tub. Come on.

Our first cruise we accidentally happened onto what we eventually realized was the Serenity Deck with our children. No one said anything to us ( kids were 18, 15 & 8). However, as soon as we realized, we hustled off the deck with our kids. Have to teach them rules are rules whether we like them or not!

Our first cruise we accidentally happened onto what we eventually realized was the Serenity Deck with our children. No one said anything to us ( kids were 18, 15 & 8). However, as soon as we realized, we hustled off the deck with our kids. Have to teach them rules are rules whether we like them or not!

And I've seen the adult only aft pool rules enforced on the Valor on each of my 6 cruises with her. I'm hoping her sister ship Freedom will be similar!.

Just to clarify, the "children's pool" is a very shallow wading pool, not one that a child could actually swim in.

The family-friendly aft pool on the Victory was our favorite thing about the ship.

Family friendly to you is anti-adult to others.