Drink Package-how did you like it?

Are you sure it was $630 and not $650? If that were the case then I'd say he selected the Ultimate package at $65/day. Definitely call Royal and get it straightened out! You are right the $55/day package would be $550 even!

DH and I got the Royal Refresh (non alcoholic, $20 per day package) for the 8 night cruise we did on the Indy and LOVED IT. DH and I both ordered an occasional alcoholic beverage and we felt like we made the perfect decision. We'd have never been able to drink enough over 8 nights to pay for $55 a night. I personally would have 3 or 4 "mocktails" a day, and I always drink a ton of soda. DH had a couple of fancy coffee drinks and a mocktail plus several bottled waters each day.

We are going to be on the Enchantment for a 3 night cruise at the end of July and have decided on the $55 package for each of us. For 3 nights (and one of the ports is CocoCay so we can use the package there too) we can at least break even and even if we come up a little short we like the convenience of pre-pay. We'll be drinking more alcohol than usual for us - but that's okay for a short trip.

We always get awesome service regardless of what we are drinking, probably in part (or in whole?) because we carry singles with us, and tip a buck per drink in cash for each transaction (unless the service is terrible). Yes, I know tips are included with the packages but we don't mind tipping a bit more for good service.

I'm debating about getting the $55 a day drink package. It sounds so convenient no signing, no hauling water & soda on board. Not sure if I would spend $55 a day. Would be interested in hearing about your experience. And can you use it on a coffee liquor after dinner drink?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did the $40 beer and wine package and would not hesitate to do it again. Very nice that you can get soft drinks when you've had enough alcohol. Being able to indulge on Labadee made it more than a bargain and I love a couple Merlots with Italian food. Since we did not have to buy a bottle with dinner, pretty much half paid for itself just in the MDR. Only regret was that they have some nice freebees with the beer buckets right now and we definitely would have gotten all of the progressively nice gifts.:D

Being new to this forum, I noticed a lot of talk about the CL and Diamond perks regarding 'free' drinks. The beverage package kind of obviates all the excitement about free drinks in the CL/DL or diamond events I think.

No way. I'm still pretty excited about my free CL/DL drinks. And if I had a suite with free cocktails every evening there is no way I would spend $55 per day for an alcohol package. Just burn up your money in a campfire.

No way. I'm still pretty excited about my free CL/DL drinks. And if I had a suite with free cocktails every evening there is no way I would spend $55 per day for an alcohol package. Just burn up your money in a campfire.

There's no such thing as a free lunch and there's sure as S**& no such thing as a free drink. One way or another the man is getting his money and you are paying him.

You can bet your next cruise that RCI is making more money off drink packages than off ala carte/pay as you go drinks. And the free drink perks? You've earned it by paying for it over time and RCI has earned your business. It's a mutually beneficial relationship but nothing is free. 'Merica

HAPPY 4TH.

So checked with friend she said it was tax that brought it to that price did anyone else have to pay a tax on it was going to get it for my husband but don't know .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So checked with friend she said it was tax that brought it to that price did anyone else have to pay a tax on it was going to get it for my husband but don't know .

Never heard of tax being added to any of the drink packages. Is this a European cruise?

There's no such thing as a free lunch and there's sure as S**& no such thing as a free drink. One way or another the man is getting his money and you are paying him.

You can bet your next cruise that RCI is making more money off drink packages than off ala carte/pay as you go drinks. And the free drink perks? You've earned it by paying for it over time and RCI has earned your business. It's a mutually beneficial relationship but nothing is free. 'Merica

HAPPY 4TH.

My drinks feel free, so I am going to enjoy my free drinks!

om shanti shanti shanti

No it's on the quantum she got it thru a TA

If it's a cruise based out fo the US, then there should be no tax or gratuity added to the alcoholic drink packages. In fact, she does not have to purchase the drink package from the TA. She can use Royal's website to add the package herself. She would have to pay in full with a credit card, but it would be fully refundable if she cancels the cruise.

Edited by clarea

That's why I am questioning anyone have to pay a tax on a drink package I might just buy it on board if no one else had to pay a tax

Good idea. There's really no advantage to buying a drink package in advance, except maybe not having to wait a bit in line to buy the package when you board.

Anyone know if they have chocolate martinis on the Allure? Are they included with premium package?

Yes, they have chocolate martinis. I don't remember the cost, but they would be included in the Premium package up to $10 in cost. You would have to pay the difference if they normally cost more than $10.

Maybe a stupid question:

Do you get the soda cup with the Ultimate package? I would assume you do since it is a combination of the other packages; however, some reviewer somewhere said he did not get the cup and the staff on Oasis said it was not included.

That sounds incorrect to me....just checking others' experiences.

Thanks.

Maybe a stupid question:

Do you get the soda cup with the Ultimate package? I would assume you do since it is a combination of the other packages; however, some reviewer somewhere said he did not get the cup and the staff on Oasis said it was not included.

That sounds incorrect to me....just checking others' experiences.

Thanks.

You get the soda cup with all of the unlimited beverage packages, including the Ultimate.

DH and I got the Royal Refresh (non alcoholic, $20 per day package) for the 8 night cruise we did on the Indy and LOVED IT.

Replenish is the name of that one. :)

Phillygirl1, are your friends dealing with an exchange rate?

We did Replenish in January and couldn't get it to be a bargain for us. But my huge mistake was ordering the big water package for my son; I forgot that the bottles were 1Liter; 24 Liters of water for a 9 year old. Hmm. So DH and I were helping him drink it, which meant we weren't getting as many of our own bottles of water from our Replenish packages, and I only had room for a latte in the morning and decaf latte at night...and I didn't consume $20/day in beverages, especially since we didn't realize that Cococay was included. :rolleyes:

DH really wants Replenish again for our next cruise. I can't decide for myself. And I have to look at the water packages again.

Thank you it does! Great to know you at least get a discount :) thank you for the information. I didn't think Starbucks was included but the picture that shows the ultimate package shows a frappachino with the green straw a little deceiving!

Lost track of what ship you're on. On Oasis and Allure, the ones with a proper Starbucks shop onboard, you cannot get your frappucinos there. But there'll be another espresso place, and on all the other ships, you go to the espresso place, and at those non-Starbucks-branded espresso places on the ships you can get your frappucino. On Freedom I believe ours was made with Starbucks espresso, it was put in a Starbucks cup, and I could get a green Starbucks straw.

But it wasn't FROM Starbucks. So just avoid "the" Starbucks on Oasis and Allure.

I mean, if we were on land in a bar the bartender could stop serving someone who is totally sloshed. Do the bartenders on a cruise ship have that ability, or does pleasing the passenger so they don't get a bad remark on the follow up survey come into play?

They do have the ability, and I hope they do it!

I wonder if the bartender has a personal "if they order 15 drinks from me" limit? And that would be a very good limit, IMO!

I wish I could create my own package. I just want beer, wine, frozen drinks and cocktails. I don't want the soda, speciality coffee or orange juice etc. so I really want the $55 package but take off the soda part so give me a slight discount ;) as I won't use the freestyle machines or the cup. I have bought my kids the soda package before and they didnt drink but probably two full cups the entire 7 days so I think we will pass on getting that again.

I know I am getting the package but debating on hubby. He could do the ultimate because he would like his mocha everyday plus his fresh oj each morning and bottled water. He drinks about 4 a day so I think he will come out fine too. He would have probably two cocktails am evening and possibly a cold beer during day.