Drink Package-how did you like it?

No, it's fantastic for your body.

Lol anything in large amounts isn't good, but it's ok to indulge every now and then. I'm a fitness instructor and I'm getting the premium package. I'm still going to work out but that won't nearly make up for the calories I'll consume but oh well it's vacation. Leaving tomorrow for Bermuda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Asked what was included in Premium and this is what I got. Told me to to check once online what was included in my package. I was wondering about the speciality drinks like the Oreo Cookie, if it was included. Could be a nice change I know its 4.50 from another site, but was wondering if any knows on here if it is?

Royal Caribbean International has one of the largest and best beverage selections at sea and is proud to offer more than 150 wines; 145 varieties of premium, super premium and elite-level spirits; and 30 beers from around the world.

Royal Caribbean International offers the following liquor onboard.

RUMS:

Bacardi® Light

Bacardi® Gold

Bacardi® 8

Bacardi® Select

Cruzan® Citrus

Cruzan® Coconut

Cruzan® Mango

Cruzan® Pineapple

Pyrat® XO Reserve

Captain Morgan® Original Spiced

Malibu®

Gosling’s® Black Seal

Appleton Estate® Gold

Myers’s® Original Dark

TEQUILAS:

Gold:

Sauza®

Jose Cuervo®

Silver:

Patrón®

Sauza®

Tres Generaciones®

Reposado:

Patrón®

1800®

Conmemorativo:

Corralejo®

Anejo:

Patrón®

Cabo Wabo®

VODKAS:

Absolut® Vodka

Absolut® Citron

Absolut® Mandrin

Absolut® Kurant

Absolut® Vanilia

Absolut® Ruby Red

Belvedere®

Chopin®

Finlandia®

Smirnoff®

Grey Goose®

Level Vodka by Absolut®

GINS:

No. Ten by Tanqueray®

Bombay Sapphire®

Tanqueray®

Beefeater®

SCOTCH:

Macallan Elegancia®

Glenfiddich® 12 year

The Glenlivet® 12 year

Royal Salute®

Dewar’s® 12 year

Chivas Regal®

Johnny Walker® Black

Johnny Walker® Gold

Johnny Walker® Blue

BOURBON:

Knob Creek®

Baker’s®

Booker’s®

Basil Hayden’s®

Blanton’s® Single Barrel

COGNACS:

Premium Cognac & Armagnac:

Courvoisier® VSOP

Remy Martin® VSOP

Martell® VSOP

Cles des Ducs Armagnac® VSOP

Ultra Premium Cognacs:

Courvoisier® XO

Remy Martin® XO

Martell® Cordon Bleu

Louis XIII de Remy Martin®

*Please note that our bar staff may request ID to verify age for alcoholic drink purchases. A 15% gratuity will be added to each check in addition to the current menu price. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. All liquor is subject to availability and prices are subject to change without notice. Please inquire once onboard for current prices to reflect what is included in your beverage package.

A sample menu of our onboard beverage offerings is presented below:

FLAGSHIP FAVORITES:

-Lava Flow

Bacardi® Gold rum blended with Island Oasis® strawberry and piña colada

-Ultimate Cosmopolitan

Level vodka by Absolut®, Cointreau® and cranberry juice with a dash of lime juice

-Mai Tai

Pyrat® XO Reserve rum, Disaronno® Originale amaretto, orange juice, pineapple juice and grenadine

-Patrón® Perfect Margarita

Patrón® Reposado tequila, Patrón® Citronge orange liqueur and Island Oasis® margarita with a splash of orange juice

TROPICAL TREASURES:

-Coco Bull

Cruzan® Coconut rum, DeKuyper® Pucker Sour Apple, pineapple juice and Red Bull®

-Summer Breeze

Cruzan® Citrus rum, DeKuyper® Peachtree schnapps, blue curacao and pineapple juice

-Caribbean Cooler

Cruzan® Coconut rum and pineapple juice topped with cranberry juice

-Mango Mai Tai

Cruzan® Mango rum, Disaronno® Originale amaretto and pineapple juice with a squeeze of lime and a float of grenadine

-Mai Tiki

Pyrat® XO Reserve rum, Disaronno® Originale amaretto, orange juice, pineapple juice and grenadine

-Bahama Papa

Pyrat® XO Reserve rum and DeKuyper® crème de banana mixed with pineapple and orange juices

-Pyrat’s® Hurricane

Pyrat® XO Reserve rum blended with Island Oasis® hurricane

-Long Island Iced Tea

Bacardi® rum, vodka, gin, triple sec and sweet & sour topped with Coke®

-Long Beach Iced Tea

Bacardi® rum, vodka, gin, triple sec and sweet & sour topped with cranberry juice and Sprite®

-Italian Tea

Bacardi® rum, vodka, gin, triple sec, sweet & sour and a float of Disaronno® Originale amaretto

-Green Tea

Bacardi® rum, vodka, gin, triple sec, sweet & sour, Sprite® and a float of Midori® Melon liqueur

-Pyrat® Rum Runner

Pyrat® XO Reserve rum, blackberry brandy, DeKuyper® crème de banana, orange juice, pineapple juice and grenadine

FROZEN FUN:

-Wildberry Lava Flow

Bacardi® Gold rum blended with Island Oasis® wildberry and piña colada

-Key Lime Pie

Absolut® citron vodka and Monin® Oasis ice cream

-Ultimate Strawberry Daiquiri

Bacardi® Gold rum blended with Island Oasis® strawberry

-Ultimate Piña Colada

Cruzan® Coconut and Cruzan® Pineapple rums blended with Island Oasis® piña colada

-Lava Flow

Bacardi® Gold rum blended with Island Oasis® strawberry and piña colada

-Mango Lava Flow

Cruzan® Mango rum blended with Island Oasis® mango and piña colada

ROYAL ‘RITAS

-Ocean ‘Rita

Patrón® Silver tequila, blue curacao and Island Oasis® margarita

-Strawberry Margarita

Patrón® Reposado tequila, Patrón® Citronge orange liqueur, Island Oasis® strawberry and lime juice

-Peach Margarita

Patrón® Reposado tequila, DeKuyper® Peachtree schnapps and Island Oasis® margarita

-Passion-Mango ‘Rita

Patrón® Silver tequila blended with Island Oasis® mango and passion fruit and triple sec

-Pomegranate Margarita

Patrón® Silver tequila, Pama® Pomegranate liqueur, Monin® Pomegranate, triple sec and Island Oasis® margarita

MARTINI MADNESS

-Tropical Martini

Absolut® Vodka, Cruzan® Coconut rum and pineapple juice

-Luxury Martini

A classic martini shaken with your choice of Bombay Sapphire® gin or Absolut® Vodka and served with your choice of a lemon twist or cocktail olives

-Key Lime Pie Martini

Absolut® Vanilia vodka, Monin® Key Lime Pie and a splash of pineapple juice

-Ultimate Cosmopolitan

Level vodka by Absolut®, Cointreau® and cranberry juice with a dash of lime juice

-Ruby Red Martini

Absolut® Ruby Red vodka, triple sec and cranberry juice

-Desert Pear Martini

Absolut® Citron vodka, Monin® Desert Pear, cranberry juice and pineapple juice

-Washington Apple

Crown Royal®, DeKuyper® Pucker Sour Apple and cranberry juice

-Pomegranate Cosmo

Absolut® Citron vodka, Pama® Pomegranate liqueur, Monin® Pomegranate and cranberry juice

-Chocolate Mint

Absolut® Vanilia vodka, white crème de menthe and white crème de cacao

-Lemon Drop

Absolut® Citron vodka, sweet & sour and a splash of club soda served chilled with sugar and a lemon

-Appletini

Absolut® vodka shaken with DeKuyper® Pucker Sour Apple

BEER QUEST

American Premium:

-Samuel Adams®

-Sam Adams Light®

-Coors Light®

-Miller Genuine Draft®

-Miller Lite®

-Michelob Light®

-Smirnoff Ice®

Import:

-Corona Extra®

-Corona Light®

-Dos Equis®

-Amstel Light®

-Heineken®

-Red Stripe®

-Bass Ale®

-Foster’s Oil Can®

-Stella Artois®

-Beck’s®

Aluminum 16oz Bottles:

-Budweiser®

-Bud Light®

-Bud Select®

-Michelob Ultra®

Non-Alcoholic:

-O’Doul’s®

-Buckler®

Limited Offerings: Periodically, Royal Caribbean International will feature beers unique to its itinerary or of special interest. Please ask your server for what is currently available.

ROMANCING THE VINE

House Wine:

-Pinot Grigio (La Terre, California, USA)

-Chardonnay (La Terre, California, USA)

-Merlot (La Terre, California, USA)

White Wine:

-Sauvignon Blanc (Caliterra, Valle Central, Chile)

-Chardonnay (Stone Cellars by Beringer, California, USA)

-Chardonnay (Liberty School, California, USA)

-Pouilly-Fuisse (Laboure-Roi, Burgundy, France)

-White Zinfandel (Woodbridge, Robert Mondavi, California, USA)

Red:

-Pinot Noir (The Jibe, Marlborough, New Zealand)

-Merlot (Caliterra, Valle Colchagua, Chile)

-Cabernet Sauvignon (Liberty School, California, USA)

-Shiraz (Alice White, South Eastern Australia)

CLASSICS

-Booker’s® Old-Fashioned

Booker’s® Bourbon, a dash of Angostura® bitters and simple syrup with muddled orange and cherry

-Level Bloody Mary

Level vodka by Absolut® and our house bloody mary mix

-Red Bull® & Vodka

Your choice of any Absolut® Vodka flavor with Red Bull®

-Jim Beam® Manhattan

Jim Beam® bourbon, sweet vermouth and a splash of bitters

-Bellini

Peach puree and sparkling wine

NIGHT CAPS (All drinks served on the rocks)

-Seventh Avenue

Disaronno® Originale amaretto, Drambuie®, chocolate liqueur and half & half

-American Dream

Kahlua®, Disaronno® Originale amaretto, Frangelico® and chocolate liqueur

-Rusty Nail

Drambuie® and scotch

-Toasted Almond

Kahlua®, Disaronno® Originale amaretto and half & half

-B-52

Kahlua®, Baileys® Irish Cream and Grand Marnier®

ALL ABOARD (Alcohol-free selections)

Specialty Drinks:

-Oreo® Cookie

Island Oasis® ice cream, crushed Oreo® cookies and chocolate

-Bora Bora Brew

Pineapple juice, grenadine and ginger ale

-Berry Banana Colada

Island Oasis® banana and strawberry blended with grenadine and Island Oasis® piña colada

-Caribbean Punch

Pineapple, orange and cranberry juices with a splash of lime juice

-Passion Papaya Crush

Island Oasis® papaya and passion fruit with pineapple juice and a splash of soda

Soft Drinks and More:

-Coke®

-Diet Coke®

-Sprite®

-Diet Sprite®

-Fanta® Orange

-Ginger Ale

-Lemonade

-Red Bull® Energy Drink

-Evian® Bottled Water

-Powerade®

SOUVENIR GLASSWARE: Souvenir glassware can be requested from your server for a minimal fee, but supplies are limited.

*Please note that our bar staff may request identification to verify age for alcoholic drink purchases. A 15% gratuity will be added to each check in addition to the current menu price. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. All drinks are subject to availability. Please inquire once onboard for current prices to reflect what is included in your beverage package. Prices are subject to change without notice.

Your welcome. When I was researching the packages both here and on FB, it frustrated me that so many folks had to post their opinion on others health if they got the package, but I chose not to post anything then as I had not tried the package. Now that I have (and I know I shouldn't), I take it personally that someone is accusing me of being unhealthy. Next to the pride we have in our kids and each other, my wife (who also got the package) and I take great pride in our health. In fact, we had a few great morning runs together up on deck morning after partaking in the package and booked a private excursion that was a huge workout. Anyway, I apologize for the soapbox, as its not my message board style and, back to the topic at hand. I can't recall if I posted it here, but we had rough seas on day one and I tried a few tricks and a Makers Mark and Ginger Ale seemed to do the trick.

LOL Who cares? It's your body. If you don't take care of it based upon what other think, it's your issue. Nothing to take personally. There is always a spoon in every thread to try and get a reaction.

I'm debating about getting the $55 a day drink package. It sounds so convenient no signing, no hauling water & soda on board. Not sure if I would spend $55 a day. Would be interested in hearing about your experience. And can you use it on a coffee liquor after dinner drink?

After getting a bottle or 2 of water! Then moving onto 4 refills of soda or so and then switching over beer or frozen drinks a few of them before dinner! A glass of wine at dinner and then back to a few more beers for the late evening, so I found that I got my worth out of the package. I did an intensive sea days cruise and actually the one day we were in Cozumel I pretty much took advantage of the ship and the packages I paid for. Seemed they have just about everything! I did the $55.00, because I didn't need the designer coffee and whoever is doing Royal coffee I felt it make a run at DD. I would use the beverage stations to make ice coffee in my soda cup!

Maybe you know this, but first night wine steward and I were at a slight language barrier, so I was a little lost at them getting me a glass of wine that was on the package, so I for went without that night but brought my own glass in the other 2 nights! It was great it was all paid for and no monster bill to wake up too!

Does anyone know what the wine menu is like for by the glass in MDR if you have a drink pkg? Thanks

On our recent Jewel cruise they had a different wine list in the MDR from the other bars.

I have no idea why, but I could only get the Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc in the MDR, and the Conumdrum outside the MDR.

I kept it within the $12 Premium limit and had no issues ordering, or being charged for additional amount.

Lol anything in large amounts isn't good, but it's ok to indulge every now and then. I'm a fitness instructor and I'm getting the premium package. I'm still going to work out but that won't nearly make up for the calories I'll consume but oh well it's vacation. Leaving tomorrow for Bermuda

You are cruising on Grandeur, correct? If so, make the Solarium Bar your main place for drinks. Nicholas is amazing and Ireyna (sp?) was fantastic too. And, from a fitness standpoint, in case you didn't know, the men's & woman's locker rooms have both a steamroom & sauna (you know, to sweat out the booze :cool: ). Have a GREAT trip.

The way I look at it isn't so much about "coming out ahead". I love that I can pay for it ahead of time just like my gratuities and not have to think about it again! I'm not a huge drinker, but I do like to try new drinks! With the package I'm able to try new things and not worry if it will be wasted. And when i am out dancing it is not unheard of for me to have 4 midori sours in an evening if I'm not driving! And I'm a big bottled water drinker as well. I want to arrive on the ship with as much prepaid and pre planned as possible so I can just relax!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are cruising on Grandeur, correct? If so, make the Solarium Bar your main place for drinks. Nicholas is amazing and Ireyna (sp?) was fantastic too. And, from a fitness standpoint, in case you didn't know, the men's & woman's locker rooms have both a steamroom & sauna (you know, to sweat out the booze :cool: ). Have a GREAT trip.

Explorer! Thanks! Does the explorer have a sauna? I plan on working out everyday. Might as well take advantage of the free gym. I heard some of the classes on board are free too. Is that true?

Explorer! Thanks! Does the explorer have a sauna? I plan on working out everyday. Might as well take advantage of the free gym. I heard some of the classes on board are free too. Is that true?

Explorer has both a sauna and steam room. Usually one of the earliest classes is free.

Long Island Iced Teas - $9.50

Margarhita's average- $9.00

Martini's average- $950

Most drinks cost between $7.00-$8.50

Bloody Mary- $7.75

Mimosa's- $7.75

Bud light- $5.25

Wine averages $9.00

So if you drink 5 drinks I say its well worth getting the premium package, plus it includes non alcoholic drinks, fountain soda and bottled water.

Deely- I agree totally, I think its great that RC allows everybody in the cabin to choose the package that works for them individually.

Don't forget you need to add 15% gratuity to the above prices! On RCCL the package prices (except for just the soda pkg I think) include the gratuity.

I believe my DH & I will be getting the Premium Package on our cruise. We don't drink coffee so not considering the Ultimate Package.

Here's how I justify the Premium Package:

We both drink 2-3 sodas a day at home so we would probably buy the soda package at least.

If I take:

the soda package + gratuity plus

the cost of a bottle of wine each from home (which we won't need to bring)

plus the cost of the drinks + gratuity we would be drinking on the cruise

plus a few water bottles + gratuity for port days

I can come very close to the cost of the Premium Package. And no worrying about trying to get any bottled water onboard against the rules. AND no worrying if what we are ordering makes us over the "budget" of $55/day (where I would regret not getting the pkg).

I will probably wait until the 2nd day to buy because the 1st day:

We will use our buy-one-get-one free beer or wine coupons (we're just gold C&A)

I will want at least 1 drink of the day in a souvenir glass.

We can drink more cheaply by sticking to the drink of the day, rum & coke, etc. the first night and save our "experimenting" for the rest of the cruise.

Can skip the soda on day 1 (we'll have had our morning one that is our substitute for coffee before boarding).

Everyone's drinking habits are different. You just have to do the math and see if one of the packages works out for you or if it would be better to pay as you go. We'll only be going on one cruise this year and probably not another for a while so justifying splurging and drinking a little extra (a LOT extra compared to everyday life - I don't even necessarily drink alcohol every week and the most is probably 4 drinks a week) on this vacation is easy too.

Edited by YadaYadaJodi

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the interesting and varied points of view. Still have to make up our mind about getting a package on our first cruise this July.

Can anyone tell me please what a soda fountain is? Is it like Club Soda that you can use as a mixer?

Also whether European beers are included in the Premium package? We're not fans of American beer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the interesting and varied points of view. Still have to make up our mind about getting a package on our first cruise this July.

Can anyone tell me please what a soda fountain is? Is it like Club Soda that you can use as a mixer?

Also whether European beers are included in the Premium package? We're not fans of American beer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is a photo of the soda fountain in one of the Main Dining Room kitchens, courtesy of Merion Mom:

DSC05172_zps51eaf219.jpg

Both the Select and Premium packages include European beer.

Two cruises with the $55 drink package, and I'm still trying to figure out if it is worth it, but I can see it totally depends on what kind of cruise you are on.

Last time (last week) with only 3 stops, one in Nassau where we were back on board early (it was a late stop but we did not want to be out wandering after dark), and another in CocoCay (where you can use the drink package)....it was probably worth it. Particularly as I took full advantage of the bottled water, to the point where I still had one left when I got home. My favorite wine on board is $10 a glass, so between 2 glasses at dinner, 3 or so bottled waters a day, occasional after dinner drinks (OK, and sometimes before-dinner drinks), and frozen drinks by the pool/around the ship during the day...PLUS the cost of the soda package that I'd have gotten one way or the other...probably just broke even, without having a 20 page tab at the end of the cruise. :)

Now, I was browsing the site dreaming about future cruises and found some nice ones that have 6-7 port stops...I don't think I'd even attempt a drink package on that, as there are just too many days spent away from the ship. (Plus I'd need 100% of my energy to keep up with that itinerary, which means I'd need a Red Bull package, not an alcohol package.:D).

Just off Brilliance, and I bought the $55.00 and I felt that after 2 sodas a day a couple of beers or frozen drinks before dinner a glass of wine at dinner , and then a few drinks I was over $55.00 mark, but I was on a sea intensive cruise. I was glad to not to lug water and soda; since it was just me and the luggage really was hard enough.

Just off Brilliance, and I bought the $55.00 and I felt that after 2 sodas a day a couple of beers or frozen drinks before dinner a glass of wine at dinner , and then a few drinks I was over $55.00 mark, but I was on a sea intensive cruise. I was glad to not to lug water and soda; since it was just me and the luggage really was hard enough.

Agreed, plus, it seems like a coin toss as to whether stuff gets allowed through or confiscated, and I am the kind of person that even if I only paid $1 for something I will get annoyed if you take it from me. lol. So I really didn't want to get a case of water taken away, even though I could've saved a lot. I know, it's not rational. :o I barely made it with all the stuff I took with me, anyway, thanks to being able to drive to the port this time. Hate to see what happens when I leave from NJ next year....

Edited by fluffysue

I'm debating about getting the $55 a day drink package. It sounds so convenient no signing, no hauling water & soda on board. Not sure if I would spend $55 a day. Would be interested in hearing about your experience. And can you use it on a coffee liquor after dinner drink?

I haven't read the whole thread and all responses so forgive me if this is repetitive, but I did have the $55 package. For me it was worth it because there weren't many port days on my cruise, one of which was CoCo Cay, so I could use it a lot and drank at least 6 bottles of water a day, in addition to any soda or alcohol I had. As others have said, if I was off the ship a lot on long port days, then no, I don't think it would be worth it.

One thing, though, that I want to point out, is that sometimes the bartender DID give me paper to sign, even though I had the package. Some bartenders will do that looking for an extra tip, I think (even though the package already includes 15%). Some bartenders didn't have me sign anything. So (not that this is a deciding factor) I just wanted to make sure nobody assumes that because they have the package they won't have anything to sign. :)

We just got back two weeks ago from FOTS. My friend bought the soda package for I believe, $129. which included virgin drinks also. I know she had to sign for her alchol drinks when she ordered them. I think the package would have been good for her, but she would forget quite often to "carry" her drink cup with her.

I haven't read the whole thread and all responses so forgive me if this is repetitive, but I did have the $55 package. For me it was worth it because there weren't many port days on my cruise, one of which was CoCo Cay, so I could use it a lot and drank at least 6 bottles of water a day, in addition to any soda or alcohol I had. As others have said, if I was off the ship a lot on long port days, then no, I don't think it would be worth it.

One thing, though, that I want to point out, is that sometimes the bartender DID give me paper to sign, even though I had the package. Some bartenders will do that looking for an extra tip, I think (even though the package already includes 15%). Some bartenders didn't have me sign anything. So (not that this is a deciding factor) I just wanted to make sure nobody assumes that because they have the package they won't have anything to sign. :)

Yes, I noticed that about the slips, too (probably as we were on the same cruise. ;))...I was surprised they gave out slips most of the time...my previous cruise they did not do that, but maybe they realized they were making less in tips with the package....the packages were brand new last time.

Edited by fluffysue

Thank you all for your insights. We are going on the Indy, which including Labadee will be essentially a 4 days of sea days. We are for sure getting the soda package (even though I will have to bring Dt. Mt. Dew on board, as I am an addict!) :o

I am thinking of getting the Prem. package for me, once on board. DH will probably be fine with just the soda and water package. Do they deduct my prem. package then from the soda package? Is that a big deal? :confused: Are there wines that are available only by the bottle, not by the glass? Do we have to buy the bottle or approximately how much more would I have to pay to get the wine by the glass?

Thanks!!

Thank you all for your insights. We are going on the Indy, which including Labadee will be essentially a 4 days of sea days. We are for sure getting the soda package (even though I will have to bring Dt. Mt. Dew on board, as I am an addict!) :o

I am thinking of getting the Prem. package for me, once on board. DH will probably be fine with just the soda and water package. Do they deduct my prem. package then from the soda package? Is that a big deal? :confused: Are there wines that are available only by the bottle, not by the glass? Do we have to buy the bottle or approximately how much more would I have to pay to get the wine by the glass?

Thanks!!

There are many more wines available only by the bottle.

I think it's worth it. You don't have to worry about how much you are spending on booze, can order what you want, and if you don't like a drink you don't need to drink it just because you paid for it....put it aside and get something else :-) Cheers!