Highly Recommend EZ Check

gator582

Just got off the Ruby yesterday. Because of the great recommendations here, we used the EZ check. It was WONDERFUL!

The easiest debarking ever. Had baggage tags and boarding passes brought to our room. We put our luggage outside our cabin the night before. We didn't see our bags until we got to our home airport.

The best part is that we never had to drag our bags to the airport or check in at the airline desk. We went straight to security. What a breeze. We flew Southwest Airlines, BTW.

Thank you all VERY much for this info and lots and lots of other info. Helped make our cruise much better. It was awesome!!:D

Just got off the Ruby yesterday. Because of the great recommendations here, we used the EZ check. It was WONDERFUL!

The easiest debarking ever. Had baggage tags and boarding passes brought to our room. We put our luggage outside our cabin the night before. We didn't see our bags until we got to our home airport.

The best part is that we never had to drag our bags to the airport or check in at the airline desk. We went straight to security. What a breeze. We flew Southwest Airlines, BTW.

Thank you all VERY much for this info and lots and lots of other info. Helped make our cruise much better. It was awesome!!:D

Which cruise-port ? THANKS !

Did you purchase Early Bird check in? Did you check in yourselves online?

We did EZ Check with SWA last month. We did not purchase Early Bird but did check in online. Less than 2 hours later, we received our packet with luggage tags and boarding passes. We had excellent boarding positions (but 5 positions apart, which makes me suspect we secured them when we checked in online and that EZ Check didn't get the boarding positions for us) and even got randomly selected (on our boarding passes) to go through rapid security screening at FLL (leave shoes on and laptop in carry on). I wonder how much was circumstantial and what was do to the EZ Check process. Either way, we've used EZ Check twice (once with Early Bird and once without) and had the best experience both times.

Did EZ check in Ft Lauderdale 2 weeks ago and loved it! Couldn't be easier. I have seen it periodically in other ports but have never been in Seattle. We did EZ check with American Airlines in San Juan about 13 years ago and then didn't see it offered again until a few years ago.

Our port was in Ft. Lauderdale.

We did Southwest Early Bird check in and I did not check in online. We had A39 and A40. Usually, when I check in online I have had better numbers. When I got to our SW gate, I asked about how they determine your number and if checking in early online mattered. She said it doesn't matter, that you are assigned your number when you purchase your ticket. The people who purchased the higher priced tickets, like business class, are assigned seats first.

The above makes me wonder since PescadoAmarillo got different seat assignments online than the boarding passes that were produced by Princess. I know our EZ check happened later in the day so it seems to make sense we had higher numbers. Wasn't a problem, though.

We had an 11:40 flight time. Thankfully it was after 11:30. :)

Very easy disembarking. Took us maybe a total of 15 minutes to wait in line and go through Customs. We left the ship at 8:30.

I had to laugh when I reread my original post: debarking instead of disembarking. Debarking sounds like a procedure a vet would give a dog to stop it from barking. Ha,ha. Sorry...................

Edited by gator582

That's great! We left Ruby last week and while we didn't do EZ we did have them take our luggage out the night before. We picked them up at the terminal and took to the airport ourselves. Only did that because we saw there was an earlier flight and hoped that we might be able to get on it. (Can't do that with baggage that is already checked.) Good thing we did as our disembarkation was speedy and we got to the airport in time to get on the earlier flight home. We landed in our home airport before we were originally scheduled to leave FLL!!!

In Ft Lauderdale? :eek:

Dangerously??

My comment was meant to be humerous so not sure what your comment means? Three ships in port that morning so I'm not too concerned. I would be if we were talking the height of the season...but we're not.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

My comment was meant to be humerous so not sure what your comment means? Three ships in port that morning so I'm not too concerned. I would be if we were talking the height of the season...but we're not.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Didnt get the humor. :p

We are on the Crown right now in San Francisco. We disembark in San Pedro/L.A. and are flying United. Can anyone tell me if they offer E-Z check out of San Pedro for United flights? Thanks in advance.

No, they don't do it anymore to LAX. See my prior post.