Highly Recommend EZ Check

gator582

For some reason, lately, I always get the priority TSA, and my husband doesn't. We always travel together. Maybe I'm more trustworthy. Ha,ha. ;)

I have experienced the same and my hubby traveled over 100,000 miles a year before he retired.. The TSA at our airport said often people are given the pre approval w/o travel partner also getting it because they want you to see how convenient it is and perhaps you will decide to pay to have this luxury.., not sure if this is factual at all!

We travel light. Two suites and 2 carrying bags for a family of four. Will EZ check charge for the two suites cases or $20.00 per person? We're flying Southwest out of FLL.

The $20 charge is per person to utilize the service....Princess checking in and getting boarding passes for you, etc. Princess does not charge for luggage but if your airline does, then you will pay for that.

The $20 charge is per person to utilize the service....Princess checking in and getting boarding passes for you, etc. Princess does not charge for luggage but if your airline does, then you will pay for that.

That makes sense and will be worth the money. Thanks for the info.

That makes sense and will be worth the money. Thanks for the info.

If that is your only checked luggage, remember to pack all liquids (greater than 3.3 oz) in the checked luggage as you will have no access to it on disembarkation morning and TSA will confiscate any such liquids in your carryons.

If that is your only checked luggage, remember to pack all liquids (greater than 3.3 oz) in the checked luggage as you will have no access to it on disembarkation morning and TSA will confiscate any such liquids in your carryons.
This is a little bit of an issue for me. I was lucky enough to be able to pack needed things, which were 3 oz or less in an extra qt size bag that my husband could claim as his. I also put some creams and lotions, etc in glasses and those covers for the glasses the night before to use in the morning. Of course, I washed the glasses out good before leaving. ;) This was a great plan, so having to pack my liquids/lotions away the night before didn't end up being a problem for me. I had all of my things the morning we left in the glasses and covers. :D Maybe those plastic pill cases would work for this. Edited by gator582

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping we can use EZ check in Seattle....we are flying with Alaska Air and flight out after disembarkation not til 2:40 and if we could do EZ check would be able to spend a few hrs in downtown Seattle without luggage, have lunch and maybe even take the train they have to the airport. Anyone know if Alaska Air participates and also can we sign up before the cruise for this...or only once on the cruise? Also read somewhere that we have to go thru customs when disembarking because we will have stopped in Victoria Canada day before...and usually customs wants access to luggage...and wondered how that would work with EZ check. Leaving to get on ship...The Golden...the 31st...yea!

Thanks for all the great info!

Hoping we can use EZ check in Seattle....we are flying with Alaska Air and flight out after disembarkation not til 2:40 and if we could do EZ check would be able to spend a few hrs in downtown Seattle without luggage, have lunch and maybe even take the train they have to the airport. Anyone know if Alaska Air participates and also can we sign up before the cruise for this...or only once on the cruise? Also read somewhere that we have to go thru customs when disembarking because we will have stopped in Victoria Canada day before...and usually customs wants access to luggage...and wondered how that would work with EZ check. Leaving to get on ship...The Golden...the 31st...yea!

Thanks for all the great info!

Just found out that we cannot use EZ check in Seattle. Looking at our airline tickets....we booked with Alaska Air, but our flight is actually on Horizon Air which does not participate. So probably best for us to just go to airport ... darn. Guess we could take a taxi to a hotel and see if they will hold our bags....then spend some time in the wharf area before picking up bags and heading to airport. Sounds like a lot of trouble and SeaTac isn't too bad a place...but would have liked to visit Pike's Market! Thanks anyway everyone!

Does anyone know if you can do EZ check with Southwest from FLL and what time does you flight need to be? Thanks ahead.

Yes -- EZ Check, with SouthWest, is available out of FLL.

Use it all the time with SouthWest.

I always book a flight soon after the Princess recommended flight time.

They usually say "no earlier than 10:00 A.M."

Yes -- EZ Check, with SouthWest, is available out of FLL.

Use it all the time with SouthWest.

I always book a flight soon after the Princess recommended flight time.

They usually say "no earlier than 10:00 A.M."

Thanks. I thought there was a cut off time, where your flight had to be after a certain time for EZ Check. Maybe 11?

Thanks. I thought there was a cut off time, where your flight had to be after a certain time for EZ Check. Maybe 11?

My last flight, in Oct., out of FLL, was at 10:05 A.M.

Used the Princess Shuttle Service.

Used it after our Royal TA in Oct.

Flight was at 10:05 A.M.

Did they change things?

I checked the forms for both February 2013 and 2013 and they both indicate 11:30am.

Lew

Used it after our Royal TA in Oct.

Flight was at 10:05 A.M.

Did they change things?

So you used EZ Check and then walked off or where you in the first regular group off? I would walk off if I did not have to LUG my luggage.

Edited by janetz