Flight time out of Seattle after cruise

pjinaz

I am looking at flights out of Seattle for when we get off of our cruise. There aren't many afternoon departures. It looks like 12:30 or we have to wait for evening. I am very concerned about making a 12:30 flight. We would need to be at the airport at 10:30, is this realistic?

I found a direct flight home out of Seattle leaving at 10:30am. Contacted our TA and asked her opinion on the flight. She said that 10:30am would really be pushing it, but could be done. If there were to be any issues at customs, we would be sunk. We opted for a 2:45pm departure just to be safe.

She advised that any flight from 12noon or after would be the best bet to avoid missing flights.

I found a direct flight home out of Seattle leaving at 10:30am. Contacted our TA and asked her opinion on the flight. She said that 10:30am would really be pushing it, but could be done. If there were to be any issues at customs, we would be sunk. We opted for a 2:45pm departure just to be safe.

She advised that any flight from 12noon or after would be the best bet to avoid missing flights.

Your TA is correct. 10:30 would really be stretching it.

I am looking at flights out of Seattle for when we get off of our cruise. There aren't many afternoon departures. It looks like 12:30 or we have to wait for evening. I am very concerned about making a 12:30 flight. We would need to be at the airport at 10:30, is this realistic?

Back into it ...... for a domestic flight you should be at the airport 2 hrs prior, either pier is about a 30 minute drive to the airport, but give it an hr due to hwy and tunnel construction, city events etc.

A 12:30 departure is very do-able. We generally go for a flight around that time.

Thanks so much! I booked the 12:30 flight as the other flights were just not at good times, but was very nervous about it. It's nice to hear that you have done it and it works! We have been on several cruises and are normally off the ship in plenty of time, but wasn't sure about the Port of Seattle, since this is our first Alaskan cruise.

You want to be in the first group off the ship. If you can manage your bags do the self-disembarkation and then hustle out the catch a cab or shuttle van to the airport. We live South of Seattle about 40 miles and last year we were home at 10:30am, I think we were in the second or third group off the ship. I would feel comfortable with a 12:30 flight out of Sea-Tac. When is your cruise?

You want to be in the first group off the ship. If you can manage your bags do the self-disembarkation and then hustle out the catch a cab or shuttle van to the airport. We live South of Seattle about 40 miles and last year we were home at 10:30am, I think we were in the second or third group off the ship. I would feel comfortable with a 12:30 flight out of Sea-Tac. When is your cruise?

Thank you so much for the additional information. Our cruise is July 1st. Is it easy to grab a cab at the port? There will be 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids. The four of us have fit into cabs on vacation so hopefully that will still be the case.

Just to update, we caught a 1015 am flight out of seatac, following our 1 night repositioning cruise from Vancouver. We were in the 2nd walk off group and got off the ship at8am. After our taxi snafu..... (Pre booked flat rate which I confirmed location and time the day before was dispatched elsewhere, waited for him to arrive and asked if he was our driver"via driver id number" turns out he wasn't so we ended up with someone else's ride only realizing it at the airport) in hindsight I will probably just get a yellow cab from the queue. Even with a HAL boat also in port at the same time debarkation was quick and painless. We were at the airport within 20mins on a Saturday morning arriving at 845am.

Edited by xltiny

• 3 weeks later...

At the airport 2 hours before is almost an old wives tale. Really not followed by most people. An hour will usually (not always) work. Two hours is a good guideline.

Yes, you do have baggage to deal with. You do have TSA to deal with. You do have to get to the gate. But....

Roll off your own bags - that will save time.

Grab a cab vs trying to find our arranged ride.

NEVER take the transfers - slowest method and often more expensive.

Keep moving and even the 10:30 time mentioned is possible. I agree that would be pushing it, but would generally be possible. So, 12:30 is a an easy do!

• 4 weeks later...
Wondering if they have van taxis that can carry 5 people with luggage or should we book a private service?

Hard to say .... we don't know how much luggage you have !

If there's a minivan in the taxi line, will all of you and your luggage fit?

Otherwise book a car service.

Seattle Express and Shuttle Express will have multiple buses ... as they fill up, they head to the airport. Check the web sites for more info.

• 2 weeks later...