Need Advice...please!

pcl_cruiser

I am wanting to go on a solo cruise in June. I have narrowed it down to two and just can't decide. One is on Carnival Liberty (8 day) out of Port Canaveral going to Aruba, Grand Turk, and Curacao. The other is on the Conquest (7 day) from Miami going to St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.

I have been on Conquest about 6 years ago, never on Liberty. Both have three ports that I have never been on. I have sailed out of both home ports. I just don't know...:confused:

I am wanting to go on a solo cruise in June. I have narrowed it down to two and just can't decide. One is on Carnival Liberty (8 day) out of Port Canaveral going to Aruba, Grand Turk, and Curacao. The other is on the Conquest (7 day) from Miami going to St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.

I have been on Conquest about 6 years ago, never on Liberty. Both have three ports that I have never been on. I have sailed out of both home ports. I just don't know...:confused:

FWIW: Have you considered the Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale?...it just got 2.0'd

I recently booked a really good solo price.

I would do the Liberty due to the itinerary. Have been on the Liberty twice and just did a b2b2b on the Conquest. The itinerary on the Liberty is so much better than the Conquest IMHO.

Both ships are basically designed the same and both have the 2.0 upgrades.

Also, if don't mind an inside room, $300 is not worth the balcony to me. We are rarely in the room so never would have a desire to have the balcony.

Interesting some suggest Grand Turk. I've been on ports of call and there doesn't seem to be much to do there. What am I missing?

I'm booked Liberty in November and GT is one reason I booked it--b/c I'd never been but I hadn't looked at the POC section. Looks like beach or snorkle...

Here are some differences that I noticed, not sure if they will help you decide. I would sail the Liberty for Aruba and Curacao.

Check out the Freedom she is a great ship and is currently in Dry Dock and is getting 2.0.

Liberty's last drydock was 2011 and Conquest was in 2012.

Liberty has the American Feast Menu and WOK the Conquest does not.

Conquest has Hasbro and the Playlist productions.

I would do the Liberty cruise, the southern ports of call are much better in my opinion. I do like St. Thomas and San Juan, but prefer Aruba and Curacao.

Absolutely agree with the above. Aruba and Curacao are not to be missed! :)

LuLu

I don't think you can go wrong with either of these choices. Whichever one you choose, I hope you have an awesome cruise!:D I'm one of those that loved Grand Turk. Actually, I love all the ports you are considering.:D

Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk

I just have to ask , what is there to do here ?

please tell me as i'm booked in sept 2014 for grand turk.

i can lay out on the boat for sun and a tan , i like seeing things and doing .