Which Cruises stop in Malta

In addition to the suggestions above, here is a link to a very handy web site that shows you which ships are in which ports all over the world, by date. Go to this page, scroll down to Malta, click on Valletta, and then browse through the monthly calendar and you'll see the various cruise lines that call at Valletta.

http://ports.cruisett.com/

In addition to the suggestions above, here is a link to a very handy web site that shows you which ships are in which ports all over the world, by date. Go to this page, scroll down to Malta, click on Valletta, and then browse through the monthly calendar and you'll see the various cruise lines that call at Valletta.

http://ports.cruisett.com/

The problem with that website is that it does not show Azamara ships.

The problem with that website is that it does not show Azamara ships.

Thanks for that info, which I had not seen before.

But it will still give the OP a pretty good indication of the other lines that do call there, an additional resource to the hit or miss of broad searches for Med cruises.

@ Otto 2

A quick search revealed the following ships all stops in Valletta in 2015:

Holland America Ms Zuiberdam makes its stops in Valletta on July 13, August 26 and September 17

Princess Cruises Emerald Princess stops in Valletta on July 1, July 29 and September 2

Celebrity Equinox visits Valletta on June 24, July 22, August 12 and August 24 and September 5 and 13

Celebrity Constellation pays its visits in Valletta on June 11 and September 9

Norwegian Jade stops in Valletta on July 22

Oceana Cruises has several ships that stops in Valletta

Oceana Insignia stops on Septemebr 2, Oceana Nautica goes on Septemebr 27, Oceana Marina stops on September 21 and Oceana Riviera stops on June 13

Seabourn Sojourn also makes monthly stops in Valletta, and also pays another visit to the sister island Gozo. These are the stops

July 4 in Gozo and July 5 in Malta, August 1 and 2 also both islands, August 29 and 30 and September 26 and 27

MSC Divina is stopping in Valletta on October 3.

MSC, Costa and Tui cruises stops in Valletta weekly but the schedule for 2015 is not out yet. Disney cruises also stops in Malta

Hope that this information helps. Malta is a wonderful island rich in history and beauty. Enjoy your trip next year.

Thanks for that info, which I had not seen before.

But it will still give the OP a pretty good indication of the other lines that do call there, an additional resource to the hit or miss of broad searches for Med cruises.

That is true...maybe the OP should check out Azamara. Love the fact they are a small ship.

I agree with on-line cruise agents... in your search selection you can enter in a date range and ports/places to visit. In the Custom Search you can put in multiple places. I have never purchased from these sites but I use them a lot to compare cruises/itineraries.

Edited by spuds

Any ideas on what to do at this port???btw it's sept 6th on the constellation ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is so much to see and do on this historic and beautiful island.

In our case, we elected to just DIY after a number of long touring days. We exited the ship, turned right and walked up to the lift to Upper Barrakka Gardens. Cost of the lift was 1 Euro. The views from there are spectacular. Afterwards, we toured St John's Co Cathedral and marveled at the ornate art work including the famous beheading of St John by the artist Caravaggio. There was a fee for the Cathedral but I forgot the cost, I am thinking 6-8 Euros.

It includes a headset so you can truly understand the history of the building. We shopped at the many street vendors and of course stopped for a gelato. You can also take a tour of the Blue Grotto or make a stop at Delos.

No matter what, please make it a point to get up early and watch the sail into the harbor. It is a sight to behold.

I had a lump in my throat knowing it was considered the most bombed country during WWII.

It's close proximity to Africa meant the Axis and Allies fought to control the area. Churchill said whoever controls Malta will win the war. The brave residents suffered not only with bombing but nearly starved. They were awarded the King George Cross for enduring so much. You will see the flag along with Malta's official flag as you sail in. Make it a point to look at the scarred buildings that are remnants of the bombing.

It is clean, safe and the residents are very friendly. Please read up before you go so you will have a better understanding of the area.

We did a wonderful tour (private) and visited the grotto, saw some of the island, including some quaint seaside villages, went to Mdina and then back to Valetta……. we were pleasantly surprised at Malta !

We did a wonderful tour (private) and visited the grotto, saw some of the island, including some quaint seaside villages, went to Mdina and then back to Valetta……. we were pleasantly surprised at Malta !

I agree! I think Malta is the best kept secret.

Because of bad weather our trip to the Blue Grotto was cancelled so that we had booked through the ship. We did Marsaxlokk, the little fishing village, Mdina, Blue Grotto from the top and some other areas of Malta. Loved all of what we saw.

Marsaxlokk had an open market there with a few nice things. If you decide to buy a tablecloth take a measuring tape....the sizes on the table cloth are not correct. What a shame and it had beautiful Maltese crosses on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Oceania goes there. Great cruise line. Note that it is spelled "Oceania" not Oceana. There is at least one cruise ship named Oceana; would hate for you to go on that one thinking it was Oceania! Insignia is a small (under 700 pax) ship and Marina is bigger (1250 I think).

I took a public bus to Marsaxlokk. Loved it. Then I went back and explored Valletta a bit. It was OK but very, very crowded with tourists.

One thing you should really plan to do is be up at least a half hour before you're supposed to dock in Valletta so that you can see the ship go through the old city walls. In the morning, if there's sun, it is an amazing sight. We didn't have much sun and it was a little blah in comparison to what it could have been (sun on golden brown walls) but was still amazing. You are surrounded by walls, and they are pretty close to the ship.

Malta has a number of great places to visit. I'm only sorry I didn't have time to do more!

Edited by roothy123