'Live From' the Quest. 30th April - 7th May.

cinnamon

We are at Heathrow airport, preparing to fly to Rome and join Quest. As we are Discoverer level with plenty of free internet minutes I am hoping to write a 'Live From' thread of our 7 night cruise. This will depend on having good internet access whilst on the ship.

So, a little background. We are an English couple with around 30 cruises under our belts. This will be our second Azamara cruise following an Eastbound Transatlantic in March last year. We loved the smaller ship after many Celebrity and RCCL cruises. So much so that we did a round Britain cruise in August last year as a late deal on Ocean Princess, another R ship.

Because of being able to use 3G on that trip I wrote a live thread and really enjoyed reading that back recently.

We live a short distance to Heathrow (not under the flight path!) and are on the package with Azamara including flights and transfers. I hope to be back here later today on board the beautiful Quest.

Corinne.

Edited by cinnamon

Have an amazing time...wish we could be with you x

Wow, first post yet a member for nearly 3 years! You must be very patient.

I imagine the flight should land around 10.30 and hopefully they will board about 1pm for a lovely lunch overlooking the blue sea!

We are at Heathrow airport, preparing to fly to Rome and join Quest. As we are Discoverer level with plenty of free internet minutes I am hoping to write a 'Live From' thread of our 7 night cruise. This will depend on having good internet access whilst on the ship.

So, a little background. We are an English couple with around 30 cruises under our belts. This will be our second Azamara cruise following an Eastbound Transatlantic in March last year. We loved the smaller ship after many Celebrity and RCCL cruises. So much so that we did a round Britain cruise in August last year as a late deal on Ocean Princess, another R ship.

Because of being able to use 3G on that trip I wrote a live thread and really enjoyed reading that back recently.

We live a short distance to Heathrow (not under the flight path!) and are on the package with Azamara including flights and transfers. I hope to be back here later today on board the beautiful Quest.

Corinne.

Have a wonderful time, Corinne! I'll be reading your story. One word of advice though. When I tried posting on board the Quest, more than once (okay, actually several times) the computer ate my posts. I'd hit "submit reply" and wham! Post gone. This also happened when we were on Celebrity Reflection, which prompted my husband to quip "Cruise ships don't like Cruise Critic." haha Anyway, the computer guy on the Quest (who is very helpful by the way) said to Control Save before hitting reply. Or something like that. I'm a computer dunce so I can't remember the exact verbiage but ask him what to do and he'll point you in the right direction. It's maddening to write from the ship only to have it disappear; you don't want that to happen to you. :mad:

I tried doing a "live from" thread and the computer also ate several of my posts. So I learned to hit "control" plus "c" to copy the submission before I hit reply. That saved it to the clipboard. I then opened the thread again and hit "control" plus "v" and that pasted it into a new submission. It is cumbersome and eats a lot of minutes. After a while, although I'm nothing if not persistent, I gave up.:(

Hope you have better luck cinnamon. Happy cruise.

Looking forward to vicariously cruising with you. Please say Hi to Harpenden Phil too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corinne can't because she's on the Quest and Phil is on the Journey, but I'll be happy to pass on greetings! We board the Journey on the 12th and he'll be there. :D

An alternative method of posting is to open a word or text file, saving that, then copying and pasting when online, which then saves money, as you can read off-line.

This works only if you have your own "device". If you're using the computers in the computer room, you don't have access to Word or Wordpad. Everything must be done while the minutes tick off.:(

Blog

After losing all my typing I will try again.

Good flight from Heathrow. A bit late leaving due to some fog but arrived early in Rome. Plenty of Azamara staff on hand there to facilitate luggage collection and hand over directly to be taken to the ship. The bus transfer took around an hour. As Quest was docked at berth 12 we were able to go right alongside with no other transfer necessary.

In the terminal there was no special check in for LCV Discoverer level but the general line was only a few minutes wait. We were on board and in our stateroom by 2.00.

After dropping off hand luggage we had lunch at the buffet. I enjoyed the Welcome Aboard chocolate cake as a dessert, following the tip off on CC.

When we returned to our cabin at 3.00 our cases were outside. After unpacking we had our first taste of coffee from Mosaic. The only disappointment so far is that the tour we had booked online in advance for tomorrow in Corsica was cancelled for lack of participants. We are now booked on another but it is more costly than the first. So be it.

Now sitting in the MDR for Muster Drill.

Typed this earlier and now connected!

Met a lovely Californian couple at the Meet n Mingle which was at 6.15 at Sailaway. Went to dinner with them and about to go to Captain's Welcome aboard and show with a Tenor.

Porto Vecchio in Corsica tomorrow.

Corinne.

Looking forward to following your journey.....and boarding Quest on May 7th for our cruise to Barcelona!

Also please do tell about the weather.....looks like some changes to the packing will need to take place!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Beautiful morning. Due to be a high of 19C. 67 F.

Tried to upload photo but slow speed has beaten me.

Hallo Lauri, please give our live to Bill

Hallo Christine. Can you put to link of this to our chat thread please.

The tour which was cancelled was into the mountains. Somewhere beginning with B.

Only two running are Sartene and Bonifacio.

Back this afternoon.

Corinne.

An alternative method of posting is to open a word or text file, saving that, then copying and pasting when online, which then saves money, as you can read off-line.

That's what I always do, if you are bringing your own laptop/tablet etc. It's the best option IMO

Edited by Host Andy