'Live From' the Quest. 30th April - 7th May.

cinnamon

Hi Corinne,

Thanks for taking the time to post from Quest. I'll be reading your updates avidly because we're onboard from 15 May, and it's coming round so quickly now. Can't wait! As we've only been on Azamara once before, any tips would be welcome. I've already noted the "welcome aboard" choccie cake one :)

Joan

We'll be on the Quest on May 7, too. Can't wait, leaving soon so we'll have a few days in Rome ahead of time. As long as it doesn't rain all the time, I'm happy, can always put on a sweater or light jacket. Very interested in hearing weather report. Also, hope our tour in Bastia wasn't cancelled.

Keep up the good work, I'm bringing my own laptop so I'll be able to compose off line, what I always do when emailing from a ship.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Pam

After looking forward to this cruise since booking in September, I have developed a rotten cold and feel lousy! We took our tour this morning to Sartene but the journey each way on winding mountain roads was not good for me. However the town was lovely and the views great.

Have had a late sandwich lunch in Windows and a rest so now up ana about again.

Sorry, but photos will have to wait ill we return as although here in the Econnections room the signal is good, the upload speeds are still very slow.

Show tonight is Danzare which I think eye have seen before but will probably see it again.

After looking forward to this cruise since booking in September, I have developed a rotten cold and feel lousy! We took our tour this morning to Sartene but the journey each way on winding mountain roads was not good for me. However the town was lovely and the views great.

Have had a late sandwich lunch in Windows and a rest so now up ana about again.

Take care of yourself! Maybe one of the energizer smoothies will help build up your strength and immunity a bit?

Sorry, but photos will have to wait ill we return as although here in the Econnections room the signal is good, the upload speeds are still very slow.

Show tonight is Danzare which I think eye have seen before but will probably see it again.

Sorry you are feeling unwell. It's very bad luck after looking forward to your cruise for so long.

Maybe your cabin steward can bring you some lemon and honey.

Have seen Danzare twice. It's very entertaining.

Feel better soon

Hazel

After a chill this afternoon we did the Music Trivia - The Beatles - and won, 19 out of 20. Then attended a lecture by Professor Wessley on Siracuse, our port on Saturday.

I am still feeling under par however and the MDR menu was unexciting so we opted for the Italian buffet. Delicious meal and we're now in the Cabaret Lounge ready for the 8.15 show, Danzare. We did see this last year but no matter. Sailaway is 10.00 pm, then an early night I think.

Thanks for the good wishes. Funnily enough we just had a chat with HD Philip Herbert and he offered me some Lemsip! Can't imagine that on other lines.

I have plenty go Paracetamol and Sudafed now hoping for a good sleep. Tomorrow is a sea day.

Good morning.

Eventually slept again. ;)

Breakfast in Windows was a Smoothie and then Waffle with SF syrup.

Now sitting in Club Luxe ready for the Wake up Trivia.

We enjoyed Danzare again last night and the singer Ria is about to ask us the questions.

Good morning.

Eventually slept again. ;)

Breakfast in Windows was a Smoothie and then Waffle with SF syrup.

Now sitting in Club Luxe ready for the Wake up Trivia.

We enjoyed Danzare again last night and the singer Ria is about to ask us the questions.

Hope you feel much better, soon. It's such rotten luck to get ill, when you have been excited for so long. Hopefully the sea air will help.

Good afternoon.

Lazy morning at sea. It has been quite cloudy so after getting only 12 out of 20 at the Wake up Trivia we ensconced ourselves on the sofa in Mosaic. Chatted to so many lovely people that we just made it back to the cabin to hear the Captain's Noon announcement.

We will pass Stromboli at 8.00 this evening and through the Straits of Messina around 10.30 pm.

Roast Lamb in Widows followed by Gelato served by HD Phillip and CD Tony. Hopefully I'll find free Wifi ashore tomorrow to upload photos.

Feeling a bit perkier mercifully.

Glad you are feeling better.

Is Max back on board? I believe he has been in the States recently

he is in Boston working, then Vegas. he wil lbe back on board in less than 2 weeks. outside of working in Boston it has not beeen a great holiday for him

he is in Boston working, then Vegas. he wil lbe back on board in less than 2 weeks. outside of working in Boston it has not beeen a great holiday for him

Thanks Robin,

Hope he has had a chance to see his friends and family in Boston. He had been on Quest for so long without a break

What an evening!

We had a fabulous dinner in Discoveries. Starter of Cauliflower Panna Cotta and Crab Mousse. Then Chilled Pear Bisque and a delicious Main of Coconut Shrimp. For dessert I had a gorgeous Chocolate Truffle Cake with Berries and Coulis.

All accompanied by a very tasty Californian Merlot.

During dinner Captain Carl brought Quest close to Stromboli (half a mile) where we were treated to a brief display of explosions from the active Volcano at dusk.

After a short stay in the Club Luxe listening to the pianist Richard we watched the show. CD Tony Markey doing his own set. Yes, he is a bit cheesy but has a beautiful singing voice.

At10.30 we headed up to the Looking Glass for a memorable sight. After picking up the Pilot we sailed through the Straits of Messina. The gap between the toe of Italy and Sicily is only 1.5 miles wide and has notorious whirlpools and difficult currents. It was Abba night up there so we were treated to the magical experience of appearing to be surrounded by land while steaming ahead and eventually spotting the gap in the lights which showed there was open water. All accompanied by great tracks and time for a Bop. Dancing Queen is very special to John and I as it was a hit in the summer of 1976 when we were courting. When the Abba tracks ended and with a view of the Pilot boat returning to pick up our guide, we went back to the cabin.

Siracusa tomorrow.

So pleased Corinne! Your dinner sounds wonderful....I love the food and ambience in Discovery ....and accompanied by Stromboli...how wonderful!

So glad you are feeling rather better....keep it up!

Feeling rather deflated as I heard my op has been cancelled....postponed till I don't know when! I'm praying for a change of heart!

Keep your reports coming! Love to hear from you x

Sounds like you're having fun . Food sounds amazing and getting so close to Stromboli myst have been exciting .

Hope the weather is good and you continue to have fun.

Shirley arrives tomorrow and the wedding celebrations start.

Take care and love to John

Xxx

On I meant to say, I do like Tony Markey...have you heard him sing with his wife? X
Last fall on Quest Tony's wife did a set on her own in the Looking Glass lounge and it was just superb. She is simply a natural performer.

On I meant to say, I do like Tony Markey...have you heard him sing with his wife? X

We sailed with Cruise Director Tony & his DW Christine on Journey in 2011. They are both great folks, and excellent performers. Even better, when they perform together. It's not to be missed !