Tracy Arm vs. Helicopter

Kam11

Going on my first cruise to Alaska in July. For Juneau, trying to decide between the Tracy Arm tour or a helicopter tour that lands on the glaciers. Any thoughts? Pros/Cons on each?? Thanks for any insight.

I have done both multiple times. They boat are excellent choices to consider and certainly both very enjoyable. It's up to you to pick one. :) Doesn't matter what my choices would be. :)

You can always do helicopter in another port like Skagway. I assume you are doing the round trip from Juneau, that is one looong trip and you give up lots of things in Juneau like whales, Mendenhall, Mt. Roberts tram etc. are you sailing other glacier scenic?

Going on my first cruise to Alaska in July. For Juneau, trying to decide between the Tracy Arm tour or a helicopter tour that lands on the glaciers. Any thoughts? Pros/Cons on each?? Thanks for any insight.

I checked your time in port for Juneau (2-10pm) and I don't think you have near enough time to go all the way out to Tracy Arm. Our tour was pushing 10 hours. If you did have time, I would highly recommend it.

Juneau is your best whale watching port. Consider that if whales are on your bucket list. Otherwise, a helicopter ride would be awesome too.

Have a great time!

• 1 month later...

For those who have done both, if you could only do one, which would it be? We don't really have time to do both and if we did, they are two expensive excursions so we would like to limit it to just one.

I have heard wonderful things about the helicopter landing but am intrigued by the tour into Tracy Arm.