Cuban Cigars

I need some help. I know there are a lot of smart folks here who have the answer to this question. I am going on a Southern Caribbean cruise this summer and will be at Grand Turk, La Romana Dominican Republic, Aruba, and Curacao and I was wondering if there were some "authentic" shops that someone might be able to purchase some Cuban cigars?

Thanks

I need some help. I know there are a lot of smart folks here who have the answer to this question. I am going on a Southern Caribbean cruise this summer and will be at Grand Turk, La Romana Dominican Republic, Aruba, and Curacao and I was wondering if there were some "authentic" shops that someone might be able to purchase some Cuban cigars?

Thanks

There is a La Casa del Habanos in the Royal Plaza Mall/near boat terminal.

Thanks

Follow up to previous post. Ryal Plaza Mall in ARUBA!

• 2 years later...
Many people feel that cigars from Honduras or Nicaragua are better than Cubans today.

If I recall correctly during the revolution in Cuba many seeds were taken to Nicaragua and Honduras.

Back when I enjoyed cigars I bought ones that said Cuban tobacco but rolled in Honduras and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I recall correctly during the revolution in Cuba many seeds were taken to Nicaragua and Honduras.

Back when I enjoyed cigars I bought ones that said Cuban tobacco but rolled in Honduras and such.

Not just the seeds, the workforce with the experience rolling them.

Not just the seeds, the workforce with the experience rolling them.

A lot of them went to the Dominican Republic as well. And there the dirt and the climate are about exactly the same being that they are neighbors so I'll take a good cigar from the before I put any money in the Castro regime pockets.

A lot of them went to the Dominican Republic as well. And there the dirt and the climate are about exactly the same being that they are neighbors so I'll take a good cigar from the before I put any money in the Castro regime pockets.

I won't put anything in the Castros pockets either. I would love to go to Cuba but I won't go until a new regime. I have friends that escaped on rafts from there and seeing hidden camera documentaries have confirmed their stores for me. While they are free to have whatever political system they want I won't participate.

I won't put anything in the Castros pockets either. I would love to go to Cuba but I won't go until a new regime. I have friends that escaped on rafts from there and seeing hidden camera documentaries have confirmed their stores for me. While they are free to have whatever political system they want I won't participate.

I doubt they have freedom of choice in that regard.

POLITICS ASIDE;

Do not spend 10-20-30 dollars for a cigar that is touted to be CUBAN unless you buy it at a true "La Casa del Habanos" shop. Unless you know from experience every sign of a true CUBAN grown and rolled cigar don't chance it...Everything from the box to the band will be perfect but that means NOTHING...

No longer partake but have had many years of experience....

OMO

bosco