11 Day Southern Caribbean out of FLL

Have anyone done this cruise? It goes to Aruba, Boniare, Barbados and a few other islands on the way back. We've done some of these islands on the Jewel and Adventure out of San Juan and have loved them, but this looks real actractive, too. Plus we get a few extra sea days. I'm thinking of switching the reservation from a 2016 Jewel that I booked on board a few weeks ago.

Your replies will be greatly appreciated!

yes, I did this on the Legend in December. What is it that you want to know. Yes, the island are lovely. they did switch out an island without informing us (we all found out on cc here). I think it was St. Lucia they took away and gave us Labadee.

You didn't say which ship

Have anyone done this cruise? It goes to Aruba, Boniare, Barbados and a few other islands on the way back. We've done some of these islands on the Jewel and Adventure out of San Juan and have loved them, but this looks real actractive, too. Plus we get a few extra sea days. I'm thinking of switching the reservation from a 2016 Jewel that I booked on board a few weeks ago.

Your replies will be greatly appreciated!

What ship is this on? Sounds like something I might be interested in!

We did the 11 night on Legend in Feb. Islands were Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, and Labadee. For some reason they switched out St. Johns, Antigua and replaced it with Labadee. Ok with me as I love Labadee and it was the second to last day so we just relaxed on the beach.

It was one of the best cruises ever. The ship was fantastic. Although the smallest in the fleet, the staff and crew were fantastic. It is a much more "intimate" experience than the bigger ships. So we saw people frequently, and got to know numerous staff members. Very nice.

The islands were all beautiful. Great for any activity, but especially for snorkeling or diving. Aruba was about the only "shopping" port. We did the caves in Barbados, a sailing and snorkeling tour in Bonaire, Island tour in Grenada, and a catamaran sail to the Pitons in St. Lucia. Also a sunset sail in Aruba... very nice.

To sum up, I loved the cruise, and plan to do it again soon. We booked a year out so the price was good. Went up significantly as the cruise approached, so I suggest you book as soon as you can to secure the cheaper rate. It's a popular cruise and a small ship.

I believe it's the Serenade, which is a sister ship to the Jewel which we eally enjoyed. Now that I know what ship and dates you sailed I can read up on the reviews. We were thinking that this is cost effective for flying into FLL instead of SJU and incurring extra hotel and food costs. Plus it's our first oppotunity to go for longer than 7 days.

Regards

I'm booked on the same cruise on Serenade Jan 25, 2016. Can't wait.

I have friends that have done the same cruise on Legend and they love it. Most of these islands will be new to me. I've done southern caribbean out of San jUan as well.

Isn't the Serenade doing this itinerary in 2016? Looks great.

Guess there are 2 itineraries- one for 10 days and the other for 11. Very good port choices.:)

Yes it is. We have never done a B2B cruise before but we have always thought it would be fun. So, we booked a B2B yesterday on the Serenade for Feb, 2016. Can't imagine being on a ship for 21 days, but I guess we'll find out. We are very excited about this vacation!

I know a lot of you fellow cruisers have done a B2B before, so I would love to hear from you on your experiences, and if you have any words of wisdom for me, I'd love to hear it! Thanks!

We are taking this cruise on Serenade in November of 2015. When I called yesterday to have our balcony discount applied, they also gave me the 50% off deal for the second passenger. So we're in a D1 for an 11 day cruise for less than $2500.!

It's our first post-retirement cruise and the cruise that takes us to Diamond!