Large Discounts

DaisyUK

I have just been browsing Oceania's website, and they are offering large discounts for several cruises at the moment. I don't see the same offers on Crystal or Regent. Anyone know why this should be?

One reason could be that Crystal only has two ships (approximate capacity 2,000 passengers) and Oceania has five (approximate capacity 4,000 passengers). Northern Europe and the Baltics are not selling well on any cruise line. Lastly, it seems that Oceania would rather offer some incentives to book their cruises than allow the ships to sail half empty. I understand that some Crystal ships sail 2/3 full (probably because they don't offer specials). All of this is simply speculation:)

Edited by Travelcat2

I have just been browsing Oceania's website, and they are offering large discounts for several cruises at the moment. I don't see the same offers on Crystal or Regent. Anyone know why this should be?

I would guess because Crystal and Regent and different companies and have nothing to due with Oceania. When it comes to Oceania be sure to read the fine print.

Perhaps I worded my question badly. I didn't mean why aren't Crystal and Regent discounting like Oceania; I realise they are separate companies, albeit that Regent and Oceania share the same parent company. I am just astounded at the discounts offered by Oceania at the moment. It is true that some of the discounts pertain to Eastern European cruises. Specifically, I'm looking at discounts of the region of 50% for a Penthouse Suite. Unbelievable value for money...

I didn't notice that you mentioned Regent. Oceania and Regent are managed by the same parent company and the same management team but, again, the capacity of the three Regent ships is only 1,850 -- even less than Crystal. There are also many differences in Regent, Oceania and Crystal so it is understandable that they are not marketed in the same way:-)

Edited by Travelcat2

Perhaps I worded my question badly. I didn't mean why aren't Crystal and Regent discounting like Oceania; I realise they are separate companies, albeit that Regent and Oceania share the same parent company. I am just astounded at the discounts offered by Oceania at the moment. It is true that some of the discounts pertain to Eastern European cruises. Specifically, I'm looking at discounts of the region of 50% for a Penthouse Suite. Unbelievable value for money...

If you are comparing the 50% off the brochure rate (2 for 1 ) it is a marketing tactic

go by the PP price & what is included in the bottom line compared to other cruise lines

Do the Eastern European cruises you mention include Black Sea?

We have recently looked at the 19th May Riviera cruise which is amazing value from the UK, because it WAS going to Odessa Yalta and Sevastopol but now isn't; so there have been a lot of cancellations.

These really are very good deals. I have just enquired about a 10 day cruise on Riviera from Istanbul to Venice which is virtually half the brochure price. Sadly, no Oceania Suites left, but a Penthouse suite at £2,600pp for 10 days including business class flights has to be a good deal surely.... I think we'll probably book it.

These really are very good deals. I have just enquired about a 10 day cruise on Riviera from Istanbul to Venice which is virtually half the brochure price. Sadly, no Oceania Suites left, but a Penthouse suite at £2,600pp for 10 days including business class flights has to be a good deal surely.... I think we'll probably book it.

That is a good price

FYI

not many pay Brochure price ..it is just a marketing ploy the 2 for 1 deals ;)