norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

It is immaterial whether the OP was specifically told there would be doors across from each other. The NCL rep knew the OP wanted adjacent communicating rooms! It is absurd to expect the OP to know more than the NCL rep.

The ship was new and I daresay the deck plans were not as clear back then.

Also, the letter some keep referring to was only a statement from rank and file at the front desk that the family's cabins could not be changed. This has nothing to do with the OP's reasonable expectation that someone in authority would acknowledge a major mistake and apologize.

OP, you need to let this thread die till something more happens that you can report back on. Best of luck!

OP, are you in the US? I assumed the fee you were charged was because you were past final payment. If the change was 4-5 months in advance, why was there a fee? (That last question is for the experts.)

When is final payment due? I think I called in a couple of days after final payment was due. Is it three months? If so then the called would have been 4 months ago.

Sorry for the lack of detail. As the ncl defenders on here can tell you I don't have the exact details of every call memorized.

Well...if it's been over 30 days, I'm guessing NCL has looked at this as a "non-issue". Further, I'm guessing they believe the on board staff already apologized for any real or perceived error. And, that that's the end of the discussion.

Carry one if you like. I doubt anyone here will be able to give you any more apologies that will satisfy you.

well the last 3 cruises we have been on certainly didn't have slashed prices. In fact the Dawn the price was higher the last month prior to sailing, but of course it was sold out about 2 weeks before we embarked. The larger ships on all lines have had greatly reduced rates the last month or so. When we cruised Princess, from Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale about 2 years ago (almost) the rates for an 11 day cruise were lest than $500 a person for an inside cabin the last month. I am probably more aware of pricing than you have ever been. I am not talking only NCL.

Nita- my upcoming Getaway went up 1800 bucks for our category and our family( no, I did not offer to give them more money: ) but the smaller suites went down for a while.

The prices have been all over the place.

And like you state- it ain,t unique to NCL. I saw some suite prices on Royal the other day right here on the CC price drop that made me wish I could cruise whenever I pleased! Absolute bargain basement.

Why do some try to make it an indictment of a single, butler-laden cruise line if they drop prices? All of the mainstream lines do it. Period. Thanks, Nita, for always keeping us well informed!!,,,,

have a great day, Nita, and thanks again for setting the record straight!,,,

Nora

Well...if it's been over 30 days, I'm guessing NCL has looked at this as a "non-issue".

Translation: NCL has no interest in even contacting the customer to try and figure out what went wrong. Stellar customer service if I have ever seen it...........

Truly pathetic to anyone except a cheerleader.

It is immaterial whether the OP was specifically told there would be doors across from each other. The NCL rep knew the OP wanted adjacent communicating rooms! It is absurd to expect the OP to know more than the NCL rep.

The ship was new and I daresay the deck plans were not as clear back then.

Also, the letter some keep referring to was only a statement from rank and file at the front desk that the family's cabins could not be changed. This has nothing to do with the OP's reasonable expectation that someone in authority would acknowledge a major mistake and apologize.

OP, you need to let this thread die till something more happens that you can report back on. Best of luck!

How can you say it's immaterial? :confused:The whole point of the OP's complaint is that he was told the doors were across from one another when, in fact, they were not. It is COMPLETELY material! If this statement was not made, then there would be no complaint here what-so-ever.

Translation: NCL has no interest in even contacting the customer to try and figure out what went wrong. Stellar customer service if I have ever seen it...........

Truly pathetic to anyone except a cheerleader.

Thank you, I was starting to wonder.

OP - Your complaint is more legitimate than most I've seen on these boards. I can only imagine your frustration showing up on that ship and finding the rooms were not arranged as you were told by the NCL rep. And what's worse is their apparent disinterest in making this right. And all that pales in comparison to some of the people on this thread, a couple in particular, who are notorious for rushing to NCL's aid every time they screw up. I swear, if they ever invent a pill to cure insecurity, Cruise Critic should be the first place they advertise. :rolleyes:

Please, keep pushing NCL for a solution and please report back if and when they do respond.

There was NOTHING in writing that said we were required to abide by those sleeping arrangements.

Was does THAT have to do with anything???

When I said "IN WRITING" I was referring to the fact that the statements I quoted occured here on the forum...IN WRITING...as opposed to being a part of a verbal phone conversation.

This isn't the first time in this thread where you plainly did not understand what was said (despite the fact that it was in WRITING). Perhaps this is an indicator of the reason for the miscommunication during your phone conversation with the PCC.

When is final payment due? I think I called in a couple of days after final payment was due. Is it three months? If so then the called would have been 4 months ago.

Sorry for the lack of detail. As the ncl defenders on here can tell you I don't have the exact details of every call memorized.

Final payment is 75 days before the cruise. Up until that point, any changes can be made for free. I'm never heard of a fee to change after final payment. I've heard you can pay for an upgrade, but there is no fee with that.

I think folks are wondering if the OP is from the US or not. Most assumed the OP wasn't, because of the mentioned fee.

I am in the United States. When it happened I assumed it was meant to keep people from canceling their reservation to rebook at a new, reduced fare.

They should credit the cost of the second room. Why would I accept future credit? They screwed this cruise up. Like I said, we loved the ship. If they showed some competency in handling issues that they created we would gladly book with them again. So far that doesn't seem to be the case though. As things stand now I am very disappointed.

So far there are well over 400 posts and according to the OP "Profile" over 100 are his...and ZERO from Norwegian.

I do not believe the OP has a chance in ---- of getting his money back, I do think he is entitled to something, the least of which would be a phone call and letter trying to get to the bottom of what happened.

As a brand new cruiser I think he had every reason in the world to trust and believe what he was "advised" by the so called Professional employed by Norwegian Cruise Line.

And a "Reasonable Person and New Cruiser" would have every reason to believe that the cabin across the hall would be accessible directly across the hall, and not by having to go down and around the "Mulberry Bush" as another CC member described the other cabins access.

I would think the Good Customer Service would require contact with the OP from the shore side management.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

What's the big deal? You are not supposed to have two kids in a room by themselves anyway. You tried gaming the system and lost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

I hid absolutely nothing from Norwegian. I told them what I wanted to do and they instructed me how to do it. I hardly tried to game the system. I booked two rooms that according to the NCL rep would be right across the hallway from each other. And yes it was discussed that the doors would be across from each other. That isn't what we received.

So far there are well over 400 posts and according to the OP "Profile" over 100 are his...and ZERO from Norwegian.

I do not believe the OP has a chance in ---- of getting his money back, I do think he is entitled to something, the least of which would be a phone call and letter trying to get to the bottom of what happened.

As a brand new cruiser I think he had every reason in the world to trust and believe what he was "advised" by the so called Professional employed by Norwegian Cruise Line.

And a "Reasonable Person and New Cruiser" would have every reason to believe that the cabin across the hall would be accessible directly across the hall, and not by having to go down and around the "Mulberry Bush" as another CC member described the other cabins access.

I would think the Good Customer Service would require contact with the OP from the shore ship management.

Thank you. I agree with your entire post. You are obviously very wise. :)

What's the big deal? You are not supposed to have two kids in a room by themselves anyway. You tried gaming the system and lost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

I'm am sure the OP knows that now, but I'm not sure as a new cruiser he had any idea at the time. It seems that the Customer Service Agent (and I believe this) knew exactly why the OP wanted adjoining cabins and sense non were available it was the CSR who suggested the cabin "right across the hall"

And yes I guess I believe that is exactly how it happened! Don't think the OP had any idea it was a "forbidden" thing.

JMHO

Are you sure it was a rebooking fee?? I upgraded after final payment and it was 200 $ because the room was 100 more per person.

I am pretty sure it was a cancellation fee. We ended up with two new confirmation numbers. Which was also a hassle when it came to booking dining and entertainment. But that is an issue for a different thread.

I'm am sure the OP knows that now, but I'm not sure as a new cruiser he had any idea at the time. It seems that the Customer Service Agent (and I believe this) knew exactly why the OP wanted adjoining cabins and sense non were available it was the CSR who suggested the cabin "right across the hall"

And yes I guess I believe that is exactly how it happened! Don't think the OP had any idea it was a "forbidden" thing.

JMHO

As others on here have confirmed, the NCL rep told us we had to book that way but where everyone slept was up to us. I think it is a pretty common thing to do. In fact he told us they would probably be safer with an inside cabin. That way they wouldn't have a balcony.

I am pretty sure it was a cancellation fee. We ended up with two new confirmation numbers. Which was also a hassle when it came to booking dining and entertainment. But that is an issue for a different thread.

You get a different confirmation number for each cabin booked. Was the original cabin for 4 confirmation number totally different from both the new ones?

If so sounds like the PCC really didn't know what he/she was doing.

Bill