Anybody know what's going on with Freedom?

kruzerci

Yes she was just in for two weeks dry dock to get the 2.0 upgrades of Guy Burgers and Blue Iguana, and more.

She will also be moving to Galveston in 2015, and will be replaced in Ft Lauderdale by the Conquest.

People are storming JH facebook page saying the porters left there luggage outside and out of no where a major storm hit and soaked everything.. Ruined clothes suits electronics ect...

People are storming JH facebook page saying the porters left there luggage outside and out of no where a major storm hit and soaked everything.. Ruined clothes suits electronics ect...

They sure are!! John is going to be answering a lot of dissatisfied folks.

The funny thing to me is all the people complaining seem to have no idea that Carnival is not responsible for the luggage until it is on the ship. Once we give our bags to the porter's they are the ones responsible, so these folks should be complaining about the port workers not Carnival.

Clothes can be dry cleaned or laundered. Common sense tells me not to pack medications or electronics in a checked bag, these items should be in your carry on. I feel for them having a bad embarkation experience and hopefully the ship will take care of the people as best they can. If not I bet there will be a lot of folks invoking Carnival 24 hour guarantee!

John Heald will just say " BRILLIANT Cheers Mate":D :eek:

John Heald will just say " BRILLIANT Cheers Mate":D :eek:

What can be say hes in Alaska.. He will apolize and say the ship is helping all those effected

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What can be say hes in Alaska.. He will apolize and say the ship is helping all those effected

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of the folks sounded like they WEREN'T being helped and thus their anger and frustration.

Heard they were waiting for a delivery of green eggs.:)

Bill

LOL...this overgrown kid did the Seuss breakfast on Splendor..I had waffles, but they DID have green eggs..and actually it was kinda fun for $5.

Waffles

190_zpsfc2ebc5e.jpg

Seuss Brunch

173_zps738226b5.jpg

Seuss Brunch Table

160-Copy_zps2335282e.jpg

LOL...this overgrown kid did the Seuss breakfast on Splendor..I had waffles, but they DID have green eggs..and actually it was kinda fun for $5.

Waffles

190_zpsfc2ebc5e.jpg

Seuss Brunch

173_zps738226b5.jpg

Seuss Brunch Table

160-Copy_zps2335282e.jpg

Looks well worth the $5 charge.

Thanks for posting the pics.:)

Bill

If you line your suitcase with a garbage bag. Or buy the XX large ziplock bags and pack your clothes in these, you will never have wet clothes delivered to you again. We were in Long Beach a few years back with the same circumstance. Torrential rain. It happen right when the bags were being staged to be loaded onto the ship. A lot of fellow cruisers had the same problem with wet clothes. Our suitcases were soaked, but all clothes were dry.

Edited by Dan Tanna

Not a big waffle eater, unless they have ice cream, fruit, powdered sugar or whipped cream on top, but I'm liking the blue and red in the waffles. What are the colors (what type of food?).

It looks like poster paint. Not sure I'm a fan. LOL

That is why I have a hard cased suitcase, I sometimes fly out of a small airport where you have to walk outside and board the plane via stairs, so luggage goes out too, well I think most airlines your luggage can be exposed to rain while being loaded? Anyway I was dumbfounded when the 2nd layer of clothes were damp but no liquids had leaked, then I realized it was that my luggage had gotten wet but the luggage had dried out and the top layer of clothes...so I switched to a nice hard shell case, which is actually lighter. Not sure how they claim the luggage was "left" outside it's outside on racks until it's load, part of the process....as rain is part of S. FL weather.

XX large ziplock bags and pack your clothes in these, you will never have wet clothes delivered to you

I do this regularly for all travels. Had lotion, rubbing alcohol, and fingernail polish remover spill all over my clothes. Put each day's clothes in freezer bag and also keeps me from overpacking.