Why isn't Breakaway Docked?

portnywebcam.com isn't showing her and her bridgecam is showing her stopped facing south for over an hour. Weird.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Looks like Pier is tied up...............

I'm stuck onboard right now! About 5 minutes ago captain came on the announcements and let us know there is some kind of steering propeller on the port side that isn't working. Ugh. They said they are working on it. They don't want to try to dock with this going on.

I'm stuck onboard right now! About 5 minutes ago captain came on the announcements and let us know there is some kind of steering propeller on the port side that isn't working. Ugh. They said they are working on it. They don't want to try to dock with this going on.

Wow, that's a first.....hope they get it fixed soon...thanks for the update!

Feel bad for anyone who has to fly home.

As for myself, I wouldn't mind getting stuck on Breakaway.

She's still sitting there. She sailed into NY Harbor right on time, too.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

From my vantage point, it has moved and is preparing to steer towards the pier.

EDIT: Nope. It just moved down the river a bit. No turning towards pier.

Yeah. We're moving very slowly, backward I think. No pertinent announcements about it yet, though.

Edit: just got more info. Updates port time: just before 10am. I'm ready to go home! Lol

Edited by Cozmix

Two years ago when coming into the Harbor on the Carnival Miracle, it was a very windy day and the river was pretty choppy. We made two attempts to turn to pull into the pier slip, but the wind and the current kept swinging the aft end in to soon, and we were very close to hitting the Intrepid dock. We were starboard aft so we had a great view from our balcony - it took two tug boats to get between the Miracle and the dock and push the ship out so that it could straighten into the slip. This pic was early in the process with only one tug.. it took two to hold her steady - there was a third on it's way. You can see how close we are to the dock.. the whole maneuver took over an hour to complete.

IMG_0425.jpg

http://<a href=http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/VickiD59/media/IMG_0425.jpg.html target=_blank>IMG_0425.jpg

Yup, I'm also on board. I had a 10:00 bus, luckily was able to push it back to noon and am considering doing a 1:30 instead. When they finally dock it's going to be a madhouse to get off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope it sorts itself out !! Did you have a good time?

Yup, I'm also on board. I had a 10:00 bus, luckily was able to push it back to noon and am considering doing a 1:30 instead. When they finally dock it's going to be a madhouse to get off.

... not to mention the rush to get new guests on board. I bet they are a little jittery. :eek:

The Breakaway, just returning from a 7 day cruise is stuck in the Hudson River. Propulsion systems have failed. The current is too strong to try manually docking. We're just stuck in the middle of the river blocking a very busy waterway. Maybe the captain should order up some tug boats?

The captain just announced they will attempt to dock in 2 hours!

If your sailing out today on the Breakaway, You will be behind schedule!

edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0K7yasAYM86enE4dHF3U2x3ZUE/edit?usp=sharing

:(:(:(:(:(

Tricky. Im sure 90% of new guests are unaware of this situation and arrive at their usual time. This will lead to longer lines before boarding. If you delay your arrival, you will be back of a long line - but you would miss the wait.

If it were me, I would arrive a little later.

My guess is that they would delay departure time by an hour or so and just make it up at sea. But thats just a guess..