Why isn't Breakaway Docked?

but....how did they keep the poor man? oh my. so sad. do they have _and I hate to say this_cold storage facilities for this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Awhile back, someone posted here that they lost someone while on board, and that the ship is equipped with a ... well, I guess a morgue? I forget how they worded it, but you know what I mean.

Very sad. I always think of my parents when I read something like this happening :(

Yes. I heard that too. His father had passed away 3 days earlier but they kept him on the ship in the medical center until returning to NYC.

No,no,no. He was on last night on cbs and said his dad was taken right to the ER when they docked. He is alive

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Multiple cardiac emergencies onboard the ship and not all that unusual, given the demographics - some will survive with timely intervention & quick action by First Responders on scene while others do, sadly, expired & are certified/declared ...

The BA has at least one of these on Deck 15 near the Garden Cafe - close enough for poolside emergencies as well.

SDC10666.JPG

Edited by mking8288

I have posted a bunch of the media I shot during the Sunday morning chaos here on my Google Drive Folder:

It was shot entirely with my 1 week old Google Glass.

I will post a ton more video and pictures in my review of the cruise coming soon.

NCL wasn't well prepared for the exiting of probably 1/2 the ship when we were finally able to dock.

They did make plenty of announcements.

They did the best they could with the situation at hand.

Does anybody know what a CODE Alpha is for NCL?

Just as the line started moving to get off the ship, an announcement was made about a CODE Alpha on Deck 7 Port by the shuffleboard game.

Within seconds I saw 3-5 Officers pushing through the crowds in that direction.

We were right there when the medical team ran out the door. We were the next to exit the opposite side of the ship and were stopped as the team rushed by. I heard a man suffered a heart attack. Am not sure if he made it or not~~~

We were also on the tender when the woman was rushed back to ship from Stirrup Cay. I think she suffered heat exhaustion.

Hey noodle,

The other thing that happened that I forgot was.. When we were at customs desk, an alarm started to go off. I asked the customs officer what that was and he said the fire alarm. As we left customs and entered the wide hallway that leads you out of the port it started to flood. the fire alarms were going off as well. The hallway on one side had a tarp hung up like a make shift wall. under it tons of water was pouring out onto to the floor. I mean pouring like a fire hydrant just opened up. Passengers were walking through it on their toes trying not to get wet. The bottom of their luggage was getting wet.There was several inches of water starting to pool in that area.

Some one said a kid pulled the fire alarm. We followed several passengers out the side of the building. I don't think we were to go that way. But a port worker let us out a gate onto the street.

Yep. We were there for that, too. My feet and socks were soaked so I just pulled over and took out a clean, dry pair of shoes from our luggage and proceeded. Unfortunately the staff at the pier really are unclear as to which way to get back to the level where the cars are parked. Quite chaotic with oncoming people and us trying to leave.

Now that we know it was a whale stuck to the ship...I bet the passenger's lawyers are wondering who they will sue ;)

I bet Ncl will be sued by some wildlife protection agency now...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Now that we know it was a whale stuck to the ship...I bet the passenger's lawyers are wondering who they will sue ;)

I bet Ncl will be sued by some wildlife protection agency now...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Sorry you lost me here,can you explain

Maybe its because I am British but whats all the fuss about. This all sounds like a normal day on the London tube system!! Anyway longer to have my UK breakfast in O'sheehans.

If you missed flights - well sorry why book them that tight -never do- in England we like delays and make provision! Book with cruise line if you are that worried.

Fighting to get off - sorry pathetic.

Abuse of staff - Unacceptable - tell me what can a team member from say guest services do to fix a mechanical fault.

Ahh mechanical faults - so no car ever breaks down, no aircraft ever goes tech ,no train fails your washing machine never fails.

Its life things go wrong however well planned and we must live with it. But to blame people why?

For us its still Norwegian all the way and maybe we can get a breakdown for a longer cruise

Maybe its because I am British but whats all the fuss about. This all sounds like a normal day on the London tube system!! Anyway longer to have my UK breakfast in O'sheehans.

If you missed flights - well sorry why book them that tight -never do- in England we like delays and make provision! Book with cruise line if you are that worried.

Abuse of staff - Unacceptable - tell me what can a team member from say guest services do to fix a mechanical fault.

Ahh mechanical faults - so no car ever breaks down, no aircraft ever goes tech ,no train fails your washing machine never fails.

Its life things go wrong however well planned and we must live with it. But to blame people why?

For us its still Norwegian all the way and maybe we can get a breakdown for a longer cruise

But you didn't know we American's are super spoiled and otherwise entitled?? <sarcasm> people annoy me. Breakdowns happen folks... the folks complaining need to get over themselves.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

Yes. Safe and sound. Docked Port Side. Light rain. 70*.

Someone has my balcony door open without my permission.

Welcome to Bermuda, Breakaway!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

What he said. Sometimes we need to put our big boy pants on and go with the flow!

What he said. Sometimes we need to put our big boy pants on and go with the flow!

No orange poop bags and buckets. No matresses and bed sheet camping on sun deck. It's a good cruise. :p

Amazing!

U.S. cruise ship stranded in NY's Hudson River hit a whale

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/06/usa-new-york-ship-whale-idUSL2N0NS2AA20140506

Cruise Ship May Have Stalled in NY Because It Struck a Whale

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Stuck-Cruise-Ship-Dead-Whale-New-York-Harbor-258116581.html

Edited by kylenyc

Let me add that with no major Noro virus outbreak and/or missing passenger(s) overboard or medivac off the ship - it's a good cruise too.

Those that complained & bitched about staying on the BA had obviously seldom flown and/or been delayed by up to 3 hours in a tiny, single aisle aluminum tin-can with no free food whatsoever for 4 or 6 hours, strapped optionally to a 17" wide seat in the main cabin, and, endure sharing a tiny bathroom with about 40 or 50 fellow passengers.

When transportation incidents and accidents happened - delays are a given, say the NYC subway or regional transit system, even Amtrak trains. I say to those, get over it.

Besides, it took CBP an hour to clear the ship after it docked, before anyone can walk off the ship and there were 4,000 souls onboard and I bet there're at least more than a few dozens that didn't mind the extra time onboard. On a given BA cruise, it's normal to take as much as 3 hours or more to get everyone off the mega ship. They only "realized" the huge mob, I meant - crowd, all rushing to try to get off on the last day, yeah - we got Priority Disembarkation passes to sell.