Why isn't Breakaway Docked?

Not true. I was on the ship also and I just did what was asked. Please wait in your room not in the public areas. They announced the problem long before anyone should have been heading to the gangway.

So true what you said Carol, that's exactly what I did.Went to the buffet for a bite to eat, and back to my cabin to wait, as instructed.

Edited by EBONI325

I'm watching the Channel 4 news....so funny how wrong all the news reporters got it...they said propeller didn't work, and fist fights....one guy saying he's never getting on this ship again.....majority interviewed said what we all said, " it is what it is" lighten up!! So glad to see her moving...have a great cruise everyone!:)

Not true. I was on the ship also and I just did what was asked. Please wait in your room not in the public areas. They announced the problem long before anyone should have been heading to the gangway.

Awww you guys sailed again! Did you have aft? That meant you couldn't wave to us in our aft balcony!! Hope you had a great trip :)

and God forbid people listen to instructions.....

Sail away went beautifully well.not a hint of vibration from the pods. And the tug *never* touched her. Job well done Breakaway crew!

Now...time to enjoy this fabulous ship for another week!

Bon Voyage, all abroad & definitely few, if any, missing boarding her this afternoon.

A beautiful evening sailing down the Hudson, the storm has passed over the city - folks might be still full from their late embarkation lunch. Would be a great sunset dinner heading out to sea after passing the SOL & VZB on the balcony or promenande deck, etc. Should be time to catch up & arrive in Bermuda on schedule. Lots of folks on deck 15 & 16 - live streaming on NY HarborCam now, turning is done & now sailing down the River.

Can't wait to read :D about cruise review about their experience coming into Pier this morning :eek: - especially those "Gate (Gangway) Lice" .... with NYC as homeport for their reasons to "rush" off the ship - could be for Sunday church service, I suppose. :rolleyes: An insider tip to the infrequent cruisers from the news outlet would be a PSA - " do not pack your important medications in checked luggage, keep them with you at all times " obviously, many haven't flown lately & dealt with airline luggage losses & thefts. Journalism at its best - NOT !

Heck, I see some great last minute rates for next Sunday's sailing (actually, for the next several) .... "Oh, honey, let's have a discussion about it. "

Edited by mking8288

Sail away went beautifully well.not a hint of vibration from the pods. And the tug *never* touched her. Job well done Breakaway crew!

Now...time to enjoy this fabulous ship for another week!

thanks for all the updates. Now go have a BLAST!!!

What a beautiful ship she is, shining in the sun! Carol

So true :)

Love this ship and I haven't even sailed her yet.

Good job Captain!

Bon Voyage!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

So true :)

Love this ship and I haven't even sailed her yet.

Good job Captain!

Bon Voyage!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Yes, you're going to love her also. That's why we're going to Bermuda again this year on the Breakaway.

Interesting. Listening to the Radio Chatter sounds like they have tugs on standby in case of problems. She seems to be moving a little slower than I remember. 13.8kts. But I might be remembering wrong.

Interesting. Listening to the Radio Chatter sounds like they have tugs on standby in case of problems. She seems to be moving a little slower than I remember. 13.8kts. But I might be remembering wrong.

Up to 14.5 Knots, lots of maritime traffic in the area.