Why isn't Breakaway Docked?

Coast Guard says BA will have to wait for tide to change. Per Channel 7 Eyewitness News right now on TV.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

She's almost docked now. 9:56 am. Submariner thank you for the pics.

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

They made us pull into pier 90 saying the parking lot for pier 88 is still full since no one is off the boat yet. Hope we can drive over soon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm already on my way in a bus with about 40 people. Going to be an interesting morning to say the least.

It will all be over Waayy to soon !!

Good luck , Hope you have smooth seas and warm breezes .

the picture on the news website showed the Norwegian Sun *shrug*

I guess the news was wrong...big surprise lol

Current position of M/S Norwegian Sun: Puntarenas/Costa Rica

urrent weather in Puntarenas (May 04, 2014)

Current weather in Puntarenas

25 °C

77 °F

Current wind conditions in Puntarenas

090°, 7,7 m/s

(4-5 Beaufort)

The report was made 10 minutes ago, at 14:00 UTC. The wind was blowing at a speed of 7,7 meters per second (17,3 miles per hour) from east (090°). The atmospheric pressure was 1019 hPa (30.08 inHg). The relative humidity was 41,4 %. There were no clouds below 1500 meter (5000 feet) and no cumulonimbus clouds. The overall visibility was greater than 10 kilometers (6.2 miles).

Edited by Traveller20074

Seems as tho this ship has had several issues with engines. Wonder if they are related.

No. One engine. This one appears to be the Azipod propulsion. Not like a normal car.

Engines are the power plant. The Azipods are electric propulsion units that take power from the engine and also provide a rudder type function as they rotate. If it's stuck in one direction then that could mean underwater physical or electronically control..

No. One engine. This one appears to be the Azipod propulsion. Not like a normal car.

Engines are the power plant. The Azipods are electric propulsion units that take power from the engine and also provide a rudder type function as they rotate. If it's stuck in one direction then that could mean underwater physical or electronically control..

She's docked. Thanks for this info.

Hopefully everything will be ok for a much delayed sailaway this afternoon/evening.

Good luck and have patience everyone!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Earlier this morning, NCL posted to their Face book fan page, and at 10am, called both our house phone and my husband's cell. Good job on communications, NCL! :) Today is DH's 50th birthday, and *I am* ;) shipping him out for a little Breakaway cruise, and golf in Bermuda!

Hang in there everyone!

Tricky. Im sure 90% of new guests are unaware of this situation and arrive at their usual time. This will lead to longer lines before boarding. If you delay your arrival, you will be back of a long line - but you would miss the wait.

If it were me, I would arrive a little later.

My guess is that they would delay departure time by an hour or so and just make it up at sea. But thats just a guess..

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We are meant to board today but ncl can't even tell me if I should delay getting to the terminal. With 2 small kids I am not torturing them or anyone else by trying to sit patiently in the terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Melvin,

Here is the communication we got from NCL this morning:

We have some important information for guests boarding Norwegian Breakaway today:

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Breakaway. The ship's arrival is slightly delayed this morning. For your convenience, please delay your arrival to the port until after 2 pm. The ship's departure is now at 5 pm.

Thank you for your understanding.

This is the post on the Face Book fan page, and the same info was delivered by phone. Maybe you got the phone call by now.

Have a great cruise!

Earlier this morning, NCL posted to their Face book fan page, and at 10am, called both our house phone and my husband's cell. Good job on communications, NCL! :) Today is DH's 50th birthday, and *I am* ;) shipping him out for a little Breakaway cruise, and golf in Bermuda!

Hang in there everyone!

There you go...being misleading again! :p