We know Celebrity monitors the board

Gracie115

I have suggested to people at Celebrity that there be a new level at 1500points. They could just give more internet and laundry and I believe most would be happy. I believe that it would be a good marketing device as it might encourage some to cruise to reach another level. But, I too doubt that Celebrity wouldn't place this high on their agenda at this time. The new benefits at the Elite+ and Zenith levels are great and most appreciated.

Maybe they can make another splash, so to speak, in a year or so by announcing an intermediate level.

Is it too early to start talking about names? Elite Plus Plus won't work:rolleyes:-- has to be something less than "top-of-the-heap" so it doesn't conflict with Zenith, so Acme, Paramount, Apex and the like are out. Possibly something "Celebrity" related, like Star or Superstar. How about Diva:D?

Does anyone know for sure if Celebrity monitors the board or is it a public relations firms that monitors for Celebrity. I know other cruiselines use a public relations firm to monitor the boards. Cannot remember who it was. Just curious.

Maybe they can make another splash, so to speak, in a year or so by announcing an intermediate level.

Is it too early to start talking about names? Elite Plus Plus won't work:rolleyes:-- has to be something less than "top-of-the-heap" so it doesn't conflict with Zenith, so Acme, Paramount, Apex and the like are out. Possibly something "Celebrity" related, like Star or Superstar. How about Diva:D?

IMO, if another Captains Club level were to be created, Celebrity shouldn't overthink this. As with Zenith, they should pay homage to one of their past ships. Why not Horizon, Mercury or Galaxy ? Century would also be a good fit, as she's departing Celebrity's fleet in less than a year.

While they are at it, I hope Celebrity considers renaming Elite Plus, to any of the above names.

Does anyone know for sure if Celebrity monitors the board or is it a public relations firms that monitors for Celebrity. I know other cruiselines use a public relations firm to monitor the boards. Cannot remember who it was. Just curious.

FWIW, when I had asked why Celebrity Cruises doesn't post more, part of the response was that it was late evening in Miami.

IMO, if another Captains Club level were to be created, Celebrity shouldn't overthink this. As with Zenith, they should pay homage to one of their past ships. Why not Horizon, Mercury or Galaxy ? Century would also be a good fit, as she's departing Celebrity's fleet in less than a year.

While they are at it, I hope Celebrity considers renaming Elite Plus, to any of the above names.

I maybe should have put more tongue-in-cheek smileys:rolleyes: into that post!

Elite Plus mirrors Diamond Plus in Crown & Anchor, so I'm okay with that, I guess. I once facetiously suggested that Captain's Club would be coming out with a new level above Zenith called Horizon, with 10,000 points necessary. The one above that would be Galaxy, and reincarnation would be necessary:rolleyes::eek::D.

Don't know...but even if it is a PR firm they STILL work for Celebrity and would think are somewhat duty-bound to advise what they are reading here to the powers that be at X.

Don't know...but even if it is a PR firm they STILL work for Celebrity and would think are somewhat duty-bound to advise what they are reading here to the powers that be at X.

I was interested if someone knew. Was not questioning anything else.

How can I get a job like yours????? :D

Be careful what you wish for. Can you imagine trying to placate everyone on these boards? I'd rather eat nails.:eek:

Isn't it amusing that so many seem to be able to run a cruise line better than the cruise line? It's always easier when all you have to concern yourself with, is pleasing you.

Edited by richsea

As a family on our 8th cruise we fall just under Elite Plus. Frustrating as we will bump up a category on our next B2B legs... benefits will not catch up with us I'm sure until next booking.

I agree with other posters that X can't placate and make everyone happy. That is also a job I would not like to have.

We will just have to appreciated what we get in the way of "perks" and be grateful we have the finances, health and ability to travel, see the world and meet such great people!

:-)

If you reach a captain's club level on the first cruise of a B2B, speak to the captain's club rep. They can (and almost always will) make sure that your second cruise is in the newly attained level. If you will reach the new level during your second cruise, you're out of luck.....points are only awarded at the end of the cruise (but it never hurts to ask anyway).

If you reach a captain's club level on the first cruise of a B2B, speak to the captain's club rep. They can (and almost always will) make sure that your second cruise is in the newly attained level. If you will reach the new level during your second cruise, you're out of luck.....points are only awarded at the end of the cruise (but it never hurts to ask anyway).

Excellent advice. They should call the Captain's Club at Celebrity a week or two prior to leaving for their cruise.Captain's Club will review their points and automatically notify the ship of their new level on the second cruise so that they might enjoy all the benefits they've earned. I did this and it works well.

Maybe this thread has run its course. We now know Celebrity monitors. We know they can't respond to every question. But we hope they listen and learn.

But it has been nice to hear peoples opinions without the screaming and accusations that come along with them so often......and to have Celebrity Cruises respond frequently also.....:)

But it has been nice to hear peoples opinions without the screaming and accusations that come along with them so often......and to have Celebrity Cruises respond frequently also.....:)

Gracie, I agree!:)

As this thread winds down, I would just like to add my thanks to "Celebrity Cruises" for taking an active role on this board. As Host Andy knows all too well, it's a big job just to keep up with everything that's going on here -- much less, take time to respond to the problems. And, even if we don't act like it all the time, we really do appreciate that someone from X is listening! :cool:

Hi,

Also, just a quick expression of appreciation for the "official" Celebrity Cruises poster...I always appreciate when I see their comments/feedback on here. Like others, I admit that there are times I wish they were more responsive in certain cases...but I understand their explanation.

Just a shout-out to Celebrity responsiveness in general...I have contacted Celebrity on several occasions, usually through the "contactmichael...." address, and have always received a follow-up...usually by phone. Just last Wednesday I emailed a comment/suggestion to the contact address, and received a phone call from Shirley...BIG shout-out to Shirley...(even if I didn't get the free cruise I suggested as a "reward" for my fabulous suggestion)...:D...within 24 hours. I was not available to take the call, and Shirley left a detailed VM msg etc. I figured that would be the end...however, Shirley called back again the next morning to ensure that she was able to speak with me directly. This is the type of above-and-beyond service that will keep me coming back to Celebrity when I plan our next cruise.

Keep up the good job...Celebrity Cruises...and please continue to be a frequent (even more frequent) poster on Cruise Critic...and if you know Shirley...please pass on my regards and thanks...and tell her I'll still be checking the mail for my free tiks !!:D

Woody

Edited by rwr235

Hi,

Just a shout-out to Celebrity responsiveness in general...I have contacted Celebrity on several occasions, usually through the "contactmichael...." address, and have always received a follow-up...usually by phone. Just last Wednesday I emailed a comment/suggestion to the contact address, and received a phone call from Shirley...BIG shout-out to Shirley...(even if I didn't get the free cruise I suggested as a "reward" for my fabulous suggestion)...:D...within 24 hours. I was not available to take the call, and Shirley left a detailed VM msg etc. I figured that would be the end...however, Shirley called back again the next morning to ensure that she was able to speak with me directly. This is the type of above-and-beyond service that will keep me coming back to Celebrity when I plan our next cruise.

Keep up the good job...Celebrity Cruises...and please continue to be a frequent (even more frequent) poster on Cruise Critic...and if you know Shirley...please pass on my regards and thanks...and tell her I'll still be checking the mail for my free tiks !!:D

Woody

We experienced this high level of service from Tangie at the 'contact' email. My wife had sent the email and had a follow email in less than an hour, then a call that evening! When you contact Celebrity with an issue that 'IS NOT TRIVAL' but of a serious nature, they are on it like a tick on a hound dog :D as we say in the south. We received over the top service from Mr Baileys office.

EW

We experienced this high level of service from Tangie at the 'contact' email. My wife had sent the email and had a follow email in less than an hour, then a call that evening! When you contact Celebrity with an issue that 'IS NOT TRIVAL' but of a serious nature, they are on it like a tick on a hound dog :D as we say in the south. We received over the top service from Mr Baileys office.

EW

I have to agree with you...the follow up call was enough for me to realize they are listening to their customers. Mr Bailey has an excellent team working for him. (Tangie)

Edited by 20pluscruises

As a family on our 8th cruise we fall just under Elite Plus. Frustrating as we will bump up a category on our next B2B legs... benefits will not catch up with us I'm sure until next booking.

I agree with other posters that X can't placate and make everyone happy. That is also a job I would not like to have.

We will just have to appreciated what we get in the way of "perks" and be grateful we have the finances, health and ability to travel, see the world and meet such great people!

If you'll become Elite+ after your first leg of your B2B, speak with the Captain's Club representative on board. They will verify your new status for the next leg.