RCL – Please publish your official policy on price drops!

Am I the only one confused? T/A’s saying one thing about price drops, RCL saying another. Some cruise critic members are getting price drops applied after final payment (me included thank you), some not. Some guests are getting C&A coupons applied etc.

Please state clearly if price drops will be honored after final payment (for example: general price reductions – yes, Happy Hour specials – no). Will Crown & Anchor coupons be honored after booking or final payment?

Hey – I love Royal Caribbean, this month will be cruise number eight with them. I love to book early. But if four weeks prior to sailing, the price drops $300 per cabin and they won’t honor it, I’ll go back to booking last minute with whoever has the best deal.

Lou

Am I the only one confused? T/A’s saying one thing about price drops, RCL saying another. Some cruise critic members are getting price drops applied after final payment (me included thank you), some not. Some guests are getting C&A coupons applied etc.

Please state clearly if price drops will be honored after final payment (for example: general price reductions – yes, Happy Hour specials – no). Will Crown & Anchor coupons be honored after booking or final payment?

Hey – I love Royal Caribbean, this month will be cruise number eight with them. I love to book early. But if four weeks prior to sailing, the price drops $300 per cabin and they won’t honor it, I’ll go back to booking last minute with whoever has the best deal.

Lou

Nothing to be confused about. Royal Caribbean has always honored price drops at any time up to sailing as long as they are not for first time bookings. Happy hr specials are always for first time bookings and only last a day except for one instance last week. This week the specials are only for Tuesday as they usually are. Valid coupons can be applied at any time.

My confusion comes from the e-mail from my T/A (a large one) that stated RCL would not honor a price drop after final payment (not a happy hour special). I had to call RCL for resolution as there is nothing in writing on RCL's website about this policy.

I also submitted what I believe was a valid C&A coupon after final payment. Never heard back either way if it was applied. Thus my request for a ploicy in writing.

Thanks

I'm a little confused. Are you and RCCL are saying that if we make our final payment 3 months before the cruise and the price drops a week before the cruise, we could contact RCCL for a refund or onboard credit?? I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

My confusion comes from the e-mail from my T/A (a large one) that stated RCL would not honor a price drop after final payment (not a happy hour special). I had to call RCL for resolution as there is nothing in writing on RCL's website about this policy.

I also submitted what I believe was a valid C&A coupon after final payment. Never heard back either way if it was applied. Thus my request for a ploicy in writing.

Thanks

If it's your TA's policy that price drops won't be honored after final payment, nothing you can do about it. RCCI does honor them in most cases. You need a new TA.

I'm a little confused. Are you and RCCL are saying that if we make our final payment 3 months before the cruise and the price drops a week before the cruise, we could contact RCCL for a refund or onboard credit?? I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

If you booked through a TA that will do it or RCCL directly, yes you can get price drops up until sailing. Doesn't matter when you make final payment.

With all this hassle I am beginning to wonder why RCCL gives money back if the price drops. They don't have to. You agreed to pay a price, pay it.

I am sure that RCCL would rather drop the price drop policy then to go to the extent of defining it. Come on people don't push your luck. How does the saying go, something like "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Nothing to be confused about. Royal Caribbean has always honored price drops at any time up to sailing as long as they are not for first time bookings. Happy hr specials are always for first time bookings and only last a day except for one instance last week.

What is a first time booking? Does that mean your very first booking with RCCL or your first booking for a specific cruise? Thanks. Debby

Guest nhrich
What is a first time booking? Does that mean your very first booking with RCCL or your first booking for a specific cruise? Thanks. Debby

Debby, it's a new booking on a specific cruise.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Here's some links for Happy Hour specials for Tuesday and Thursday. Check the date at the top of the web page:

http://www.cruise411.com/ - click on Hot Deals page

http://www.cruiseplannersinc.com/happyhour.htm

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/HappyHour_rci_tues.pdf

These may all be redundant, but I kept all three for some reason.

And, I agree wholeheartedly with the above posters. The refusal to refund a price drop is a TA problem. If you can still cancel without penalty, I'd do so and book with another TA who will honor price reductions.

Sometimes the C&A magazine with the coupons doesn't arrive until after final payment. RCI is notorious for getting that magazine out late, so you should always ask if a coupon shows up after final payment. They prefer it that way, but a good TA can usually work it out if it's late.

Don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but wonder if any one can help?

We booked our cruise at the beginning of January through a TA in the U.K. We booked an inside cabin. Royal Caribbean are now quoting Promenade Deck cabins for $10 more per person than an inside cabin for our cruise. I phoned our TA to check how much we would be to upgrade to a Promenade Deck and were quoted £210.00 per person!!! This is ridiculous! Seems like we are to be penalised for booking early. The price they are quoting now is lower than we paid in January. (Our cruise is on 1st October) This will be our fourth cruise with RCI so seems like loyalty does not come in to it! Is it worth phoning RCI direct. Our TA says there is nothing they can do about it.

maryjohn:

Call the C&A line and talk to them about it. They should be able to help honor any price that's published.

However, have you checked the price on their non-US site?

Definitely call directly and talk about this. Even with the money conversion, you should only pay about 20 GBP more per person.

Archived