Thank you norweigan!!!!!!!!

My wife tells me that norweigan cancelled the trip to alaska with joan rivers on board!!!!! She has lost controll by joking about the three girls held captive in cleveland for 10 years!!!! I only wish it would have been melissa her daughter!!! I wonder how many jokes she would have made!!! Shame on you joan rivers and good for norweigan!!!!

She was on "The View" yesterday, via telephone speaking to Barbara Walters. She told all of us Americans to "LIGHTEN UP" and other insulting comments....such as the three girls are doing just fine and there was "NO TRAGEDY", SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? UGH.

She also said it was NCL's loss, not hers.

Edited by champagne123
XXX

My wife tells me that norweigan cancelled the trip to alaska with joan rivers on board!!!!! She has lost controll by joking about the three girls held captive in cleveland for 10 years!!!! I only wish it would have been melissa her daughter!!! I wonder how many jokes she would have made!!! Shame on you joan rivers and good for norweigan!!!!

Did you hear the joke?? It wasn't like she was making fun of them. It makes you wonder if norwegian ever heard of Joan Rivers though.

Your sentiments are just as inappropriate as Rivers' jokes.

Shame on you.

I'm thinking that only people who know Joan Rivers and her comedic style would have been on that cruise - people who are offended by her comments certainly wouldn't have appreciated ANY of her routine. If you don't like her or the topics she "jokes" about, don't take the cruise.

Personally I find her comedy tactless and barbed and most times I choose not to listen to her - same goes for Andrew Dice Clay - he offends me - I would never put any of my hard earned money in his pocket but many people do. That's why it's so great to live in the North Americas - we get to choose what we speak about as well as whether we will listen to what others speak about.

Edited by Choochala

She was canceled. There was no reason to cancel the entire cruise, since her comments didn't threaten the safety of the entire trip. Jeesh. And please try to save some exclamation points for the rest of us.

You make it sound like Joan Rivers was booked as a passenger and NCL cancelled the entire cruise because she was on it.:)

This has already been discussed in another thread. Comedy is a matter of taste. I sometimes like her and sometimes she may go too far, but that is the nature of comedy. Her joke was about a comparison of the room/cabin size. Maybe poor taste to some. But, if I wanted to cruise to Alaska, the fact that JR is aboard would not influence me at all.

To me, the story is much more about how in the world NCL ever made the decision to book her in the first place. And then made themselves look like idiots when they reversed themselves. When you book a Joan Rivers type comedian, you don't expect them to suddenly turn into Bill Cosby in front of a roomful of 5th graders. So I don't say "good for Norwegian"!

Edited by punkincc

To me, the story is much more about how in the world NCL ever made the decision to book her in the first place. And then made themselves look like idiots when they reversed themselves. When you book a Joan Rivers type comedian, you don't expect them to suddenly turn into Bill Cosby in front of a roomful of 5th graders. So I don't say "good for Norwegian"!

Agree 100%

I only wish it would have been melissa her daughter!!!

Your sentiments are just as inappropriate as Rivers' jokes.

Shame on you.

Triptolemus...you are so correct.

I dislike Joan Rivers, but I didn't see her comments being out of line with her typical material. If NCL didn't like that style of humor they should never have booked her for anything.

Now we just get to hear JR mock NCL all over the media. Another 15 minutes of fame that I wish would go away.

Edited by sdmike

I dislike Joan Rivers, but I didn't see her comments being out of line with her typical material. If NCL didn't like that style of humor they should never have booked her for anything.

Now we just get to hear JR mock NCL all over the media. Another 15 minutes of fame that I wish would go away.

I sort of agree. I am not a huge Joan Rivers fan but NCL should have realized what they were getting into. Of course the comments are offensive. But she was using that horrible experience to make fun of herself....not the victims in that case. She is Jewish and finds ways to bring the Halocaust into jokes. She makes fun of every celebrity and has racial jokes about the Kardashians , etc. Of course some don't find that kind of stuff funny but many people do. I don't want to see a day where comedians are banned or have a script of topics they are not allowed to get into. Chris Rock does racial jokes, etc. If some are offended by his material, should he get banned somewhere? My favorite comedian is Kat Williams and he makes fun of every race and ethnicity and it is funny. Just like we all laughed at Archie Bunker. But rewind time and not everyone was laughing. Lucy Ball worked for CBS and wanted All in the Family off the air or she would quit.

So of course Joan Rivers has made a career over controversial comments to get laughs. The real question is why put someone like that on your ship if you know what they are famous for and then back away. There are jokes about OJ Simpson and 2 people were brutally murdered and people still laugh at OJ jokes.

Edited by david_sobe

I didn't realze Joan Rivers was still alive until I saw het on a car commercial several weeks ago. I'm certain there are no plastic surgeons calling her to do commercials for them.

Not sure what was said by her. Moreover, don't care. She certainly wouldn't compelled me, or anyone I know to cruise NCL. NCL probably just saved themselves a bunch of money.

Edited by graphicguy

Come on NCL

You knew what you were getting with Joan Rivers before you booked her

You should have stood your ground and let her and the family come on the cruise

She has said a lot worse before you booked her

Listen, I sometimes think she is vulgar and not funny and totally inappropriate but she has been doing this for years

Their choice and right to throw her off but don't claim they are innocent in this

They knew what they were getting before the booking

She was canceled. There was no reason to cancel the entire cruise, since her comments didn't threaten the safety of the entire trip. Jeesh. And please try to save some exclamation points for the rest of us.

This is the funniest and yet nicest way to tell someone to calm down, that I've ever seen.

I can not wait to meet you in 3 weeks and 4 days. :D:D:D

How do you find out which cruises have someone scheduled other than the regular cruise performers? Does this happen often? Not the Sixthman cruises, but one with a single performer, or a single band, that has a couple of performances on the ship. I have no desire to see Joan Rivers, but I would consider a cruise with someone I wanted to see.

This is the funniest and yet nicest way to tell someone to calm down, that I've ever seen.

I can not wait to meet you in 3 weeks and 4 days. :D:D:D

Thanks, and me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Just trying to use up the rest.)

Sorry, but NCL's majorly wrong here. Perhaps not for cancelling, but for having booked Joan Rivers in the first place... and THEN pulling the show. You don't book someone who is known for her crass, harsh humor and then punish both her and her fans because she made a crass, harsh joke. That's like booking a country singer and then punishing them because they sing a song about horses.

More importantly, however, I'll never, ever get people who do what the OP did: Condemn someone for a joke and then wish serious harm upon them or their loved ones. That's... yeah. Don't get that one bit.

Richard/Tralfie