Towels

TedC

Anyone else think a "luxury" cruise line should have towels that do not feel like "Brillo"pads?

They are good for back scratching but I'm used to soft towels. I realize they get washed MANY times = but so do mine at home. Shower at least once a day and many times during hot, humid conditions and they stay soft!

I have 100 percent cotton towels made in Turkey I bought at Lands End.

"Consumers Report" said towels with quality cotton and bamboo are a good combination.

Funny you should write this. I thought the towels on Mariner last month were really, really thick and fluffy. Perhaps she got new towels with her recent refit.

I have not sailed with Regent before this, so I do not know if I was particularly lucky with the towels we had.:)

We have the lands end towels at home, and they are really soft and fluffy. That said, the one I have had on regent are fine. If you use fabric softener, they retain their softness.

don't mind them, but somewhat agree with Ted. I don't think they can use fabric softeners on them because of allergies of some? It is not a big complaint from me, however, as I love the robes! Love bamboo, but don't think it is very thirsty?

Edited by jhp

I rinse my towels in white vinegar. It takes out the accumulated soap deposits and makes them soft and absorbent. It is easy to use too much soap when washing towels; they don't need as much as regular clothes. Also don't load to tight. I had great luck with vinegar and never use fabric softener.

I use the dryer sheets, not the kind that goes in the wash. Agree that liquid fabric softener really decrease the thirsty-ness of towels.

Just remember to periodically wash your lint trap screen; the residue from the dryer sheet builds up on the screen and can reduce the effectiveness of the dryer.

GOOD idea to clean filter half way though drying cycle - it will load dry faster, thus save energy and even your life!

Edited by TedC

Good reminder to WASH dryer lint filter = clean after every load, but haven't WASHED it in a good while!

Thank you!!

You are welcome - and don't forget the rest of the lint collection - the hose from the dryer to outside ( and vent) needs it occasionally! Definitely can be a fire hazard.

This (to me, Swiss) is a really weird conversation. How can you discuss the relative merits of towels and fabric softeners... this site is supposed to be about cruising! If a towel dries you - it is a towel. What more do you want?

• Like 1

Those of us who shower frequently while cruising towels are very close to us!

ALL others please set at another table, thank you.

Edited by TedC

Those of us who shower frequently while cruising towels are very close to us!

ALL others please set at another table, thank you.

Would be glad to!! No problem, I have been known to take showers too...

The stewardess changes all the towels every day. What more do you need? and you can ask for more towels if you like (if taking a shower every hour means they can't dry, for example!!)

• 9 years later...

i loved the towels so much on our 2017 Regent Navigator Cruise up the Amazon, that I wrote down the name of the towel Mfr and contacted them after we got home.  Mfgr. will not deal with individuals only with corporations.  Undoubtedly, Regent etc. do big volumes with the Mfgr.  Sorry I threw out the information when we were unable to buy any.