Breakaway Bermuda 2014

I'm not an island shopper.. not buying diamonds or rolex watches.. I'm a t'shirt, refrigerator magnet kinda gal LOL - I don't want high-end stores, I want touristy stuff.

There's 25 of us in our group, and that's broken up into two family/friend groups of 12 and 13 - there is no way we will all be together, all the time (thankfully!!) and I'm sure we'll break down into smaller groups as well.

I wouldn't mind an island boat tour.. I'm up for that as well. So much to do.. I better start planning! :eek:

Thanks for your ideas.

My sister thinks she's going to see everything while there. She said "we did Rome in a day". I beg to differ.

Shopping in Hamilton doesn't appeal to me, but I can always go with the flow of our group.

I was also thinking of a day pass at Cocoa Reef.

Catamaran for sure.

I agree with you totally on not venturing far from the Dockyard last day. Forts and Snorkel Park that day.

Sorry that you probably won't get your desired position of aft to aft :(

But it's all good. Being in Bermuda on Brwakaway...how can that be anything but great :D

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Robin, Have you researched chartering catamarans? Which do you plan to charter? I can't decide. I've contacted Jessie James Cruises (which is a pontoon boat that we have chartered 2 times in the past and it was great but there is now a new owner so I'm not sure if she is as good), Bermuda Wind Sail Charters with Captain Mike or Captain Melissa, Sail Bermuda with Captain Zuill, and Coral Reed Adventures who is who the ship uses and it is the same price whether you book with the ship or privately. I really do not want to share a full boat so I want to charter privately. There are 7 of us just in our group and others from our cruise interested too.

If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Back on topic - we're booked on port side for the fireworks and hopefully to people watch at the dockyard.

Edited by peg013

Wow, Vickie. 25 people? We are only a group of 10 so far. Tshirts and pink sand are on my list to buy. Can get both at the Dockyard ;)

Peg, this trip being only my 2nd time in Bermuda (1st time a land vaca when I was a very young girl), I really have only looked at 2 cats so far: Aristocat and Rising Son. The latter through NCL. Both being group trips. My sister has one booked for her family already, so we will probably go that way.

Thanks for all the good info.

Looking forward to beautiful Breakaway and Bermuda whether docked port or starboard :D

Happy Sailing!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Good Morning Beautiful ... I see ya slippin in just after sunrise this morning. I'll see ya in 49 days!!! :D

Now she's between webcams and I can't see her anymore - don't think portyny cam is manned this early in the morning.

Ah, we just got off the Breakaway and are headed home. Captain said their normal position is port side in Bermuda but at least once a month they dock starboard to exercise the lifeboats on the other side. Someone asked him if there was a schedule and he said there wasn't - it's at his discretion which way to dock each week. Anyway, lovely ship and we had an excellent trip. We sailed in a Haven suite and are officially hooked :-). Oh boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the Haven too. Hooked!!!!!!!!!

Which suite were you in? We had aft 10312. Balcony (and cabin) totally amazing!!!

The ship seemed very crowded on sea days which made us so thankful for the Haven. Walking on decks 15 and 16, we saw lots of towels on chairs pretty early in the morning. Yesterday was rough weather all day so no outdoor activities.

The food was good in all the specialties. We loved the Haven restaurant for breakfast. We didn't have good luck in the Garden Cafe - I think we just aren't into buffets. But we tried. The only other food we didn't care for was the Cirque show, but that was no surprise. And we had a quick dinner in Savor on Wednesday night. Food was delicious and service was friendly and quick!

All the crew we met were super friendly and helpful. Our cabin steward, Michael, was the best we have ever had. I filled out a hero card for him and gave him a nice extra tip :-)

Oh and a driving tip for you. If you are driving to the port and relying on GPS for directions, make sure to use Manhattan NY, not just NYNY. We took a nice tour of Brooklyn lol. But we were early and finally made it to the terminal by 11. This was our first indication of how nice the Haven perks would be. We bypassed all lines right to the check in area. They literally started our boarding as soon as we checked in and we were in the first group on the ship.

Which suite were you in? We had aft 10312. Balcony (and cabin) totally amazing!!!

We were in 16112- right across from the Haven. We took that suite as we wanted to keep an eye on the kids thinking they would spend their time in the Haven. They found the sports deck so spent much of their days out of the Haven.

I think I met you - I travelled with my sister and her 3 kids. I have also stayed in Aft Suite on 14 as well as Spa Suite on 14 all on Breakaway. Love the convenience of suites in the Haven, the great balconies on the aft and access to the Spa on the Spa suite. Loved them all. I choose based on who am travelling with.

We were in 16112- right across from the Haven. We took that suite as we wanted to keep an eye on the kids thinking they would spend their time in the Haven. They found the sports deck so spent much of their days out of the Haven.

I think I met you - I travelled with my sister and her 3 kids. I have also stayed in Aft Suite on 14 as well as Spa Suite on 14 all on Breakaway. Love the convenience of suites in the Haven, the great balconies on the aft and access to the Spa on the Spa suite. Loved them all. I choose based on who am travelling with.

Yes we did meet :-). I'm the one that had the knee brace! We didn't make it to the Meet and Greet since we were enjoying the Haven sun deck too much! Hope you made it home safely.

We docked port side last week, as you probably already know! At the technical Q & A session, the Captain stated they dock port side more because they can get out faster and be on their way back to NY. They do have to dock starboard 1-2 times per month to exercise the life boats. There is no way to know in advance though, how they will dock. The odds are with port side.

Thanks to all for their reports.

Good morning.

Breakaway approaching port. Nice day :)

Bet she will dock port side.

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day