Breakaway Bermuda 2014

Guest Services usually start re-checking, paging over PA intercom onboard the ship in looking for the "missing" & late returning pax 15+ minutes before scheduled sail away time from the port. Sometimes, followed by a 2nd. round of paging, ususally the half a dozen or so names are shortened already and we've heard once a 3rd. series of paging for xxx to contact Guest Services, and it was already past sailing time.

We've been on cruises where we remained tied up at the pier 10 to 15 minutes beyond, and ship officers/security & golf carts on the pier waiting - watching them running back to the ship, fortunately - nobody that we've seen left behind waiving.

My guess for the season for both the BA and Dawn will be about 2/3 of the time facing out to see and the other in towards dock.

Basing that solely on what they have been doing in the prior years on average.

This is about right. Over the last 17 docking for BA in Bermuda, 11 have been Port side, and 6 to Starboard. Longest streak has been 4 straight dockings to Port where she's never docked more than twice in a row to Starboard.

Edited by Winston Wolf

Would it be considered a little nuts that I have a spreadsheet to keep track of the docking position each week? :rolleyes:

I'm actually hoping for a BA port side docking so our aft cabins face the Summit - of course I could change my mind at any given moment :p

Nope. I've done this since July 3 of last summer. Haha.

Ha ha, I was also looking for Pier runners...

The ship left on time, so I guess everyone was onboard :)

Remember the couple last year who were taken out to the BA by the tugboat? That must have cost them a "pretty Penny." There was a Youtube showing it.

I just found this thread & read through it! What a riot! I just got off the Breakaway this past Sunday and, as has been noted, we docked port side ;).

I was in cabin 10186 & had a great view of the dockyard. Sorry to be the bearer of sad news :(...but because the lifeboats are in the way, you can't see the actual dock (next to the ship ;)) where any potential runners would be! You can see further out on the dock...on the other side of the customs building though...and can see runners out there!

I loved this ship so much that this morning I booked 2 more! I hope those of you with upcoming cruises have a great time!

I just found this thread & read through it! What a riot! I just got off the Breakaway this past Sunday and, as has been noted, we docked port side ;).

I was in cabin 10186 & had a great view of the dockyard. Sorry to be the bearer of sad news :(...but because the lifeboats are in the way, you can't see the actual dock (next to the ship ;)) where any potential runners would be! You can see further out on the dock...on the other side of the customs building though...and can see runners out there!

I loved this ship so much that this morning I booked 2 more! I hope those of you with upcoming cruises have a great time!

Sooooo glad you had a great time on Breakaway!! We cannot wait for our turn (53 days to go!).

I was thinking of going to Deck 16 when leaving Bermuda.

Will we be able to see runners from there?

We are on Deck 10 like you.

Were the ship's pools heated?

How was the water and beaches there? Did you go swimming or snorkeling?

Thanks for the post!!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Sooooo glad you had a great time on Breakaway!! We cannot wait for our turn (53 days to go!).

I was thinking of going to Deck 16 when leaving Bermuda.

Will we be able to see runners from there? I don't think so, because it's not a height thing...it's a width thing :o;)...the lifeboats extend far away from the ship. I'm attaching a photo taken from by balcony...it'll help clarify I think -

IMG_1303_zps9a675a57.jpgIMG_1303_zps9a675a57.jpg.9cb7a07946d876e02bf22e04e0cb8f9d.jpg

photo.php?fbid=804929442852491&set=a.804919169520185.1073741836.100000063284123&type=3&theater

We are on Deck 10 like you. :D

Were the ship's pools heated? Yes, slightly...it wasn't, thank goodness, like bath water...but it wasn't bone chilling either.

How was the water and beaches there? Did you go swimming or snorkeling? Beaches & ocean are stunning! We bought a day pass to Coco Reef resort ($59) & it was wonderful. The ocean was freezing but beautiful...it'll be better in a month!

Thanks for the post!!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

See responses above ;). Sorry the photo is so small ...

Edited by cv322

Thank you so much for your replies. I appreciate it :)

Helps with my crazy research.

I know I'm a little bit obsessed with this ship and I haven't even been on her yet.

Thanks again.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Thank you so much for your replies. I appreciate it :)

Helps with my crazy research.

I know I'm a little bit obsessed with this ship and I haven't even been on her yet.

Thanks again.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Have a great trip.

Don't miss the ship going back to NY. Looks like a lady did that today. The BA was heading out and they had a lady on the Faithful tug taking her to the starboard side of the ship.

I know! I was watching it. That will not happen to me. The rest of the cruise she's going to be "the lady who missed the ship!"

Thanks for the well wishes. I plan on having the time of my life on Breakaway and Bermuda :D

Happy Sailing!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

I was also on the BA on her initial run to Bermuda this year (5/4 - 5/11)

Great cruise, fun ship, fantastic service... BA totally Rocks! :D

Bermuda is PERFECT in early May IMO. This was my 3rd time visiting.

Thanks for the link to the Port Bermuda webcam, I just caught BA leaving this afternoon... and I so wished I was still onboard!

Post-cruise withdrawal sucks... I gotta book something SOON! :eek:

It's a 3 day stop! How much time do you need to, well, be on time?

Maybe she fell asleep on the beach???

P.S. Thanks for your post CTcruiseman. Sounds like a great time!

Yes, I would be so scared to miss the ship. Third day in Bermuda we are not even leaving the dockyard!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

No kidding Robin! Good day to stay on the ship and have the ship to yourself. At the very least, if I did something on the island that day, I'd make sure I did it early in the morning and be back by noon.

Now all your stuff is left behind on the ship. Will somebody pack up her stuff? (If she's travelling alone.)

Maybe the cruise ship should start threatening people with a huge fine if they can't get back on time. Not sure if that would work but geez. :p

No kidding Robin! Good day to stay on the ship and have the ship to yourself. At the very least, if I did something on the island that day, I'd make sure I did it early in the morning and be back by noon.

Now all your stuff is left behind on the ship. Will somebody pack up her stuff? (If she's travelling alone.)

Maybe the cruise ship should start threatening people with a huge fine if they can't get back on time. Not sure if that would work but geez. :p

Dont worry, the tugboat operation is not free...someone said a few months ago that it was a costly operation....

Glad I am not paying the bill !!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Video of the tug trying to bring passenger out to Breakaway today May 16/14

It was too dangerous to make the transfer so the passenger will have to fly home along with 2 others

I don't understand how anyone can be so late to get back to the ship. You'd think the fear of being left behind would be enough to make sure you get back on time. :confused:

It looks like she was shopping as some of the footage when she was on the tug showed one of those blue bags from one of the shops.

BA is heading toward NY - within range of radar tracking - doing 19.5 knots & ahead of the Summit @ 18.5 knots - look to be within 100 miles and should be docked early/on-time in the morning. (Ooops - looked like both ships eased off their speed & slowing down gradually)

With Fleet Week coming up - anyone on a harbor whale watch, just kidding :D :eek: :p

Checking prices earlier, Inside cabins still available for tomorrow's sailing (???) so not 100% sold out/full to max. capacity. No wonder prices are still dropping for next several sailings - Mrs. M is tempted to go again, need to check @ work to see if time off can be granted.

Edited by mking8288

Stopped for sure. Taking her time docking. Been watching since 5:30.

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc