Breakaway Bermuda 2014

Shhhh! That's where we are probably going since Tobacco Bay will probably not keep its great snorkeling if there is nonstop partying going on there. Not that there is anything wrong with partying, I'm just sad it's there.

Did you buy anything at the snack bar? How much are the sodas, water, beer and mixed drinks? And the snacks. Did you snorkel or stand up paddle?

They have a webcam on their FB page.

We were at Tobacco Bay 2 summers ago when we were on the Summit and our DD loved the snorkelling. We are leaving on the Breakaway July 13th and had intended to make it back there. So, it caught my eye when you said there is now "nonstop partying". To what is that referring? I think I might be unaware of something and it could really change our plans for the day. Thanks for updates.

We were at Tobacco Bay 2 summers ago when we were on the Summit and our DD loved the snorkelling. We are leaving on the Breakaway July 13th and had intended to make it back there. So, it caught my eye when you said there is now "nonstop partying". To what is that referring? I think I might be unaware of something and it could really change our plans for the day. Thanks for updates.

Yes it changed a few weeks ago.

A new beach sport company started activities on the beach. You can rent flying board and other things.

The cruisers who came back in the past 2 weeks said it is not a snorkelling destination or a calm beach anymore :(

Have a look at the Bermuda port of call here on CC, it is documented.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

do you no if there is a cinema on bord the breakaway or outside screen to see films ? and are they recent films to be seen . I saw that you can order pay per film in your cabine .

thanks

No cinema "per say".

Outside giant screen in Spice H2o...but didn't see a movie there.

A few movies were shown on the giant screen in the Atrium.

Have fun !

Just looked at the Dailies from our cruise last week. The following movies are played on the big screen at Spice H2O:

Fast and Furious - Monday at 7:30 p.m.

Annie - Friday at 8:00 p.m.

Admission - Saturday at 8:00 p.m.

The following movies are shown on the Atrium big screen:

Man of Steel - Wednesday at 12:30 p.m.

The Great Gatsby - Thursday at 12:30 p.m.

Oblivion - Friday at 12:30 p.m.

No cinema "per say".

Outside giant screen in Spice H2o...but didn't see a movie there.

A few movies were shown on the giant screen in the Atrium.

Have fun !

thank you for the info very nice of you :)

Just looked at the Dailies from our cruise last week. The following movies are played on the big screen at Spice H2O:

Fast and Furious - Monday at 7:30 p.m.

Annie - Friday at 8:00 p.m.

Admission - Saturday at 8:00 p.m.

The following movies are shown on the Atrium big screen:

Man of Steel - Wednesday at 12:30 p.m.

The Great Gatsby - Thursday at 12:30 p.m.

Oblivion - Friday at 12:30 p.m.

I was on that sailing, too. I don't have the dailies, but I think I remember them also having one movie (like a fairly recent release) in the actual Theater early on the first sea day...?

Just got off the Breakaway on Sunday. What a wonderful cruise. Found a best kept secret in Bermuda. Either take the red train or ask a taxi to take you to Daniels Head Beach (part of the 9 beaches). Beautiful beach, with very few people. They have a snack shop and places to rent chairs/equipment, etc. I don't think this will be a secret for long!!!

Train? I thought I had it all figured out - passes.. ferry.. pink buses... now there's red trains? :rolleyes:

Could you tell me more about the train? Honestly never heard of it.

73*

Light rain showers.

This week shows rain plus Tropical Storm Arthur for us on Friday.

Glad we are there next week.

Safe Sailing!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

73*

Light rain showers.

This week shows rain plus Tropical Storm Arthur for us on Friday.

Glad we are there next week.

Safe Sailing!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Let's hope that everything moves out by Sunday. Weather channel says that everything sounds to be good by Sunday and even Saturday. Hope the Gem gets in alright. They left Nassau yesterday to outrun the storm and are already on their way home - I guess they will have three sea days coming home now and the fourth day they should arrive on NY pier.

If the "port port starboard" pattern continues as it has, then it looks like my sailing (July 20) will likely be docking starboard... BUT, there are five Weds in July, so maybe the captain will mix it up due to the extra week ;)

Kinda figured due to weather, she would've been docked port side this week for an easier getaway on Fri.

Edited by VickiD59

People are disembarking without umbrellas, looks like a misty morning. Hopefully it will clear for those in port today :).

What is the view for the port side balconies today? Which view is generally considered better in Bermuda (looking at the dock or looking out toward the sea)?

TIA :)

Is there a view in port (Grand Bermuda or Docks) that is generally preferable? We'll love either I'm sure :)

Both are beautiful.....but if your view is of the docks you can watch for dock runners on Friday, LOL. :D

Both are beautiful.....but if your view is of the docks you can watch for dock runners on Friday, LOL. :D

Boy do I hope my sailing ports on the Port side of the ship.

;)

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by wasiii