Australia Circumnavigation October 2015

samsonmo

Hello from Amsterdam/The Netherlands.

Anybody knows when HAL will release info showing if the Australia Circumnavigation cruiseicon7.gif departing oct 19 2014 will sail in 2015 too.

Peter

Sydney ports shows the Volendam departing 19 October 2015 and returning 21 November 2015 so it looks like it's a goer at the moment. No idea when HAL will actually release the information tho'

Cathy

Sydney ports shows the Volendam departing 19 October 2015 and returning 21 November 2015 so it looks like it's a goer at the moment. No idea when HAL will actually release the information tho'

Cathy

Hi Cathy

thank you for the information and happy to know the circumnavigation will be available for 2015 .icon7.gif

peter

The 2014 Australian Circumnavigation cruise became available in June 2013,...... I printed the itinerary from the HAL website, on the 17th, and immediately phoned our travel agent to book.

The 2014 Australian Circumnavigation cruise became available in June 2013,...... I printed the itinerary from the HAL website, on the 17th, and immediately phoned our travel agent to book.

Thank you. Will keep an eye on it Mid June.

Peter

I hope they keep this itinerary. It will be a few more years before we will be on it but if available, we will do it eventually.

Us too, I hope! But I am becoming more and more interested in the Broom to Darwin, Darwin to Cairns explorer-type ships. They are really a great way to see that part of the world...just very costly.:o:rolleyes:

A side question but relevant I think:

On Princess, the on-board currency for Australia-based cruises is (or was...not certain about this year) Australian dollar. Is the on-board currency for HAL's Australia circumnavigation the US dollar or the Australian dollar?

a side question but relevant i think:

On princess, the on-board currency for australia-based cruises is (or was...not certain about this year) australian dollar. Is the on-board currency for hal's australia circumnavigation the us dollar or the australian dollar?

us$

A wonderful ship and itinerary.

I did this cruise in 2013. When you board in Sydney, HAL keeps your passport and organises the required visas for Indonesia.

They returned our passports after leaving Indonesian waters with Australian Immigration staff on board the ship.

Enjoy your voyage.

Danny

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...
A side question but relevant I think:

On Princess, the on-board currency for Australia-based cruises is (or was...not certain about this year) Australian dollar. Is the on-board currency for HAL's Australia circumnavigation the US dollar or the Australian dollar?

Yes with Australian based cruise ships, the on board currency is Aus $, and tips are included in the price.

HAL is $US.

• 3 weeks later...

Cathy

The dates and costings for the 33 day Australia Circumnavigation are up on the HAL site for those who are interested.

The Volendam will depart Sydney on October 19 2015 and return on November 21 2015 - just as Sydney ports predicted lol :):)

Cathy

The dates and costings for the 33 day Australia Circumnavigation are up on the HAL site for those who are interested.

The Volendam will depart Sydney on October 19 2015 and return on November 21 2015 - just as Sydney ports predicted lol :):)

Cathy

Thanks for this information.