UDP and Platinum Latitudes Status

I can order the UDP for $99 on the ncl website. I think I read you'd get a "credit" for the Le bistro dinner if you buy it. Can someone explain how this works if you buy the plan for $99 on-line.

If you are on a 7 night cruise $99 is already giving you the $20 discount for your platinum dinner. The regular price is $119.

I don't think so. I am not platinum but I can book UDP right now for $99. My parents are platinum and it shows the same price for them. ( different cabins)

Umm, not sure that arguing with reliable CC members is really the way to get the best replies to your questions but to each his own.

Peg39 is correct $99 is already reduced b/c you are Platinum.

Ultimate Dining Package

Take advantage of Norwegian's Ultimate Dining Package – Try a Norwegian specialty restaurant every night of your cruise for one special rate. Bring your appetite and desire to taste something deliciously new each day.

A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Entertainment based dining and 1- and 2-day sailings are excluded. See FAQs and Terms & Conditions for more details.

Please note:

Platinum level Latitude Members will receive a $20.00 discount off the total Ultimate Dining Package price

Beginning with Norwegian Getaway's 4/19/14 sailing - Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of The Illusionarium at no additional cost.

Beginning with Norwegian Breakaway's 4/20/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy at no additional cost.

Beginning with Norwegian Epic's 5/8/14 sailing – Guests who have purchased the Ultimate Dining Package can reserve the embarkation day performance of Cirque Dreams at no additional cost.

Item #

Description

Price

UDP3 Price per person during cruises of 3 days $59.00

UDP4 Price per person during cruises of 4 days $74.00

UDP5 Price per person during cruises of 5 days $89.00

UDP6 Price per person during cruises of 6 days $104.00

UDP7 Price per person during cruises of 7 days $119.00

UDP8 Price per person during cruises of 8 days $134.00

UDP9 Price per person during cruises of 9 days $149.00

UDP10 Price per person during cruises of 10 days $164.00

UDP11 Price per person during cruises of 11 days $179.00

UDP12 Price per person during cruises of 12 days $194.00

UDP13 Price per person during cruises of 13 days $209.00

UDP14 Price per person during cruises of 14 days $224.00

Please call to find out pricing for sailings longer than 15 days.

T & C

Ultimate Dining Package

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, 24/7 Pizza Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

I don't think so. I am not platinum but I can book UDP right now for $99. My parents are platinum and it shows the same price for them. ( different cabins)

So no one in your cabin is platinum? Everyone in my suite can book for $99 but my DH and I are both platinum and the rest are not. Let me look at our inside cabin to see what their rate is - they are new cruisers and only enrolled in the Latitude program - not even Bronze yet. I'll be back.

Edit to add: Shows as $119 each for them......I have no idea why yours is showing $99. Their cabin is linked to ours so all I can say is MAYBE it's a unannounced Latitude special????

Edited by peg013

• 3 weeks later...
If you are on a 7 night cruise $99 is already giving you the $20 discount for your platinum dinner. The regular price is $119.

peg013, thanks for the information.

Could you please check the cost of the UDP on your upcoming (10-day) Escape TA cruise?

We are Platinum on that cruise. Curious if you also show the odd amount of $104.33 on MyNCL.( UDP10 Price per person during cruises of 10 days $164.00 )

Edited by $hip$hape

do most of you guys buy the UDP because you dont like eating in the MDR or because you like smaller crowds?

This will be the first UDP for us. Catherine and I have no issues with the MDR.

I booked the UDP on the TransAtlantic Escape since that cruise in going to be a little more special.

Could you please check the cost of the UDP on your upcoming (10-day) Escape TA cruise?

We are Platinum on that cruise. Curious if you also show the odd amount of $104.33 on MyNCL.( UDP10 Price per person during cruises of 10 days $164.00 )

Mine is a 14 day and the price is correct at $224.

Btw, since the terms and conditions was just posted a moment ago and everything is well stated except one thing:

It does not state that you can go into more than one specialty resto per night.. one good example is you go to moderno just for it's very popular cold salad and cheese bar and skipped their salty meats.. then go to Cagney's for a premium steak instead, then go to Le Bistro for dessert.

I've read several times that resto hopping is allowed and I still haven't seen someone posting that you can only go to 1 specialty resto per night.

So if someone has experienced a restriction of only one resto per night... please let us know... thanks...

Edited by roquejo

It is definitely showing for $99 now. I am Platinum and my three sisters are NOT. I did choose it for one of my sisters and added it to my cart and it showed the $99 price for her. When I choose it for myself, it shows the same $99 price too.

Then I added it for all four of us and it showed my total cart price being $396, which is indeed $99 for each of us. I thought that maybe it would give me the Platinum discount for two of us since I have dinner in Le Bistro for two, but we all got the listed price of $99.

Now whether the price is due to the booking being under my name and me being Platinum OR it is just a special they are doing, I don't know. But $99 is the only price showing and I can order it for each one of us, one at a time as it says "Please select a single recipient".

Hope this helps!

Who booked your room, you or your parents?? Sounds like your parents might have booked both rooms? If not, are the two rooms linked on NCL?

Mine is a 14 day and the price is correct at $224.

Btw, since the terms and conditions was just posted a moment ago and everything is well stated except one thing:

It does not state that you can go into more than one specialty resto per night.. one good example is you go to moderno just for it's very popular cold salad and cheese bar and skipped their salty meats.. then go to Cagney's for a premium steak instead, then go to Le Bistro for dessert.

I've read several times that resto hopping is allowed and I still haven't seen someone posting that you can only go to 1 specialty resto per night.

So if someone has experienced a restriction of only one resto per night... please let us know... thanks...

Personally if they start to allow restaurant hopping its going to mean more staff and time to reset tables, therefore NCL will up the price down the road.

For us the purpose of the specialty reataurant's is to have a relaxing dinner over a bottle of wine.

As for the salty meat it's no different at Cagney's.

To me if your restaurant hopping why not stay with the buffet.

Three restaurant's in one night is just crazy, there is enough selection at each restauarnt from apps to dessert.

I know this is not what the OP asked for, but I thought I should just mention that IF you are Platinum and you purchased the UDP before they got it sorted out with an automated "platinum price" on myncl, then you had to pay the normal UDP price at the time of the booking and then go to guest services on board to get the refund of the $20 per person that is a compensation for the complimentary dinner at Le Bistro for Platinum members.

Both our 10 night cruises show $104.33 as the price for the UDP. We have already purchased it for the TA - still deciding for our Gem cruise. :)

It is definitely showing for $99 now. I am Platinum and my three sisters are NOT. I did choose it for one of my sisters and added it to my cart and it showed the $99 price for her. When I choose it for myself' date=' it shows the same $99 price too.

Then I added it for all four of us and it showed my total cart price being $396, which is indeed $99 for each of us. I thought that maybe it would give me the Platinum discount for two of us since I have dinner in Le Bistro for two, but we all got the listed price of $99.

Now whether the price is due to the booking being under my name and me being Platinum OR it is just a special they are doing, I don't know. But $99 is the only price showing and I can order it for each one of us, one at a time as it says "Please select a single recipient".

Hope this helps![/size']

I suspect it is because you are platinum and they are in your cabin. We have the same situation with 5 of us in a suite - 2 platinum, 2 silver and 1 bronze. The price for each is $99.00. The other cabin that is going with us are both virgin cruisers and their price is $119 for the same 7 night cruise. So if it is not "platinum" and is a special it excludes new cruisers.

Personally if they start to allow restaurant hopping its going to mean more staff and time to reset tables, therefore NCL will up the price down the road.

For us the purpose of the specialty reataurant's is to have a relaxing dinner over a bottle of wine.

To me if your restaurant hopping why not stay with the buffet.

They already allow restaurant hopping. Have done it several times. The number of people doing it is very, very small. It won't affect staff, tables or prices. NCL will raise prices in the future, but not due to restaurant hopping.

That's what is great about choices. I restaurant hop and you eat in the buffet. Win/Win.

Ok if so do u make reservations for the three restaurants or do u just go and hope to get in. It's just shear ridicules to spend three hours in and out of restaurants or is it a case of folks saying "I paid for it and I'm going to eat it all".

I guess I'm old school were we eat to live Not live to eat. No wonder so many people are over weight.

They already allow restaurant hopping. Have done it several times. The number of people doing it is very, very small. It won't affect staff, tables or prices. NCL will raise prices in the future, but not due to restaurant hopping.

That's what is great about choices. I restaurant hop and you eat in the buffet. Win/Win.

They already raised the price for my sailing of 14 nights. It was initially $199 for 10-15 nights but to make it more equitable for everyone, they came up with a new daily matrix so for those with 14 nights, it is now changed to $224. But the price for 7 nights stays the same and those who are sailing 10 nights got a lower price now.

I could have booked earlier when it was still $199... but I plan to use my OBC on the UDP that is why I didn't book.

Honestly, I only book because they allow hopping.. why not I just get the buffet... it is the power of choices..

You don't get lobster every night or even Sea Bass or Escargot if you just do the buffet....

Paying the UDP and restaurant hopping is like having a premium buffet with more choices because you pay more.

Edited by roquejo