A Differnt OBC Question

sue1898

We used our Future Cruise Deposit for our HAL Alaska Cruise/Tour in late June. It's called "11 Day Double Denali" on all literature and web site descriptions. With the FCD you receive OBC based on the length of voyage and I confirmed via on line chat with HAL that the land tour days count toward the # of days however we only received the OBC for 7-10 days even though they describe it as "11 days". Because we redeemed Marriott points towards our cruise I tried getting this resolved through that agency's representative, then by emailing HAL's Customer Relations Dept but have been unsuccessful in getting anyone to understand. Seems to me that they can't have it both ways, if it's "11 days" then we should get the OBC based on 11 days! Any suggestions on who I could contact? Thanks!

You might have better luck if you call HAL (206-281-3535) rather than email them.

As I read the "Future Cruise Deposit" letter (I have one too), the OBC is clearly expressed in terms of days: 7-10 or 11+.

If your cruise+land tour is 11 days, it seems to me that you fall into the second category and are eligible for the higher OBC. Good luck.

Well I tried calling and they claim that if you do the land tour first it's 10 days even though they call it "11 Day Double Denali" and if you count the days on the itinerary it is 11. Not happy but guess there's nothing to do about it!

Just got off the phone with a HAL supervisor and according to her (and contrary to what I've been told both via phone and on line chat) the tour days DO NOT count toward the number of days for the OBC when you use a Future Cruise Deposit. So we are only eligible for the OBC based on our 7 cruse days, not our 11 tour/cruise days. I give up!

Just got off the phone with a HAL supervisor and according to her (and contrary to what I've been told both via phone and on line chat) the tour days DO NOT count toward the number of days for the OBC when you use a Future Cruise Deposit. So we are only eligible for the OBC based on our 7 cruse days, not our 11 tour/cruise days. I give up!

That is so strange, since they count the land days toward your Mariner days and even the medallion program.

DaveOKC

we are going on a southbound cruise tour from anchorage to vancouver in less than 2 weeks- i also called about this. our OBC does not begin until we get board the ship. none of the land days count and we cant use it for any excursions until we board the ship and book them then. kinda stinks if u ask me, especially since the cruise portion is the last leg of our trip.

That is so strange, since they count the land days toward your Mariner days and even the medallion program.

DaveOKC

You might want to recheck - I don't think the land days are counted toward the medallion program - at least the one's we have from Alaska and New England trips are not being counted.

So, O took a look at the letter got when we bought a future cruise deposit ... the letter specifically mentions "cruises" with the chart of days and OBC. No mention of cruise tours. To me, that implies the OBC is based on cruise days and not the total cruise tour days.

Perhaps HAL needs to clarify such exclusions to reduce confusion and u happiness.

I agree that the Future Cruise Deposit letter refers to number of cruise days however when I did an on line chat with HAL and asked if tours days counted I was told "absolutely yes"...too bad that was aparently incorrect and although I printed out that conversation I'm now told it is wrong information!

Really, it shouldn't be that hard for HAL's call center peeps to give correct info ... perhaps HAL needs to invest in better training or in making comprehensive/easy-to-search resources available to them.

Sorry that you were misled ... hope you have a wonderful trip!

You might want to recheck - I don't think the land days are counted toward the medallion program - at least the one's we have from Alaska and New England trips are not being counted.

We just got our 100 day medals last week and they had to have counted the 7 Alaska tour days to get to 100, I checked to be sure and questioned it myself.

DaveOKC