Cheapest time to cruise

When would be the cheapest month to cruise from sydney?

What would be the cheapest cruise line?

What would be the cheapest itinerary,

For a 9-12 night cruise?

Open to all cruise lines

Open to all itinerary's

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a little bit hard to answer as cruiselines are bringing out different specials on an almost weekly basis, and prices can fluctuate wildly depending on how close you are to the date of your cruise.

However, as a general rule, cruises will be cheaper if you avoid school holidays and busy times of the year (e.g. Mid December to late January).

Companies like P&O tend to work out cheaper if you put 4 to a cabin. With two in a cabin, I would argue that their prices generally aren't competitive enough for me to want to cruise with them again (others will disagree).

Celebrity Century has some fairly cheap cruises between October and December this year. It's an older ship which hasn't been getting the best reviews lately, but because of a cheap price, and a free alcohol promotion Celebrity just had, I'm giving it a try anyway.

Are you sure you don't have any the slightest preference in dates, ship, or itinerary? If people knew your preferences they could point out some good specials as they see them. Otherwise, I recommend you go to the website of a major cruise agent, type in Sydney as a departure point, and then just scroll through all the options looking for cheap ones.

Hope this helps.

Last minute is my suggestion. If your lifestyle allows you to jump on board at the last minute, and you have a friendly travel agent, go for the last minute, heavily price reduced cruises. If you don't have a friendly travel agent, most internet cruise sites have "Last Minute" specials.

I saw one of the Cunard ships (can't remember which one) on a last minute sale last year for $69 per day. And she was sailing in Australian waters. Unfortunately, my work commitments would not allow me to do it!!

Outside Sep-April, only Carnival, P&O, Princess operate here, so have excluded that period.

Over the main Summer period, when all the lines operate here, the cheapest is mid Nov-early Dec, and March.

Cheapest itin then are the one way cruises, typically to/from NZ.

Cheapest cruise line varies.

...but don't forget that cruises to Pacific Islands in our summer months are in the monsoon season, so expect plenty of rain and some strong winds and high seas. I prefer to cruise the Pacific Islands in late May; better weather and still good prices. New Zealand cruises are best in our summer, as NZ can be very cold in winter.

Thanks so much for all the replies, I am just after some thoughts from all of you seasoned cruisers, so we can start looking at our 2nd cruise.

Already have our 1st booked in for feb.

We want to plan ahead for 2016, so just gathering info ATM. :-)

Thanks so much for all the replies, I am just after some thoughts from all of you seasoned cruisers, so we can start looking at our 2nd cruise.

Already have our 1st booked in for feb.

We want to plan ahead for 2016, so just gathering info ATM. :-)

Research, research, research and then when you see a great deal grab it before it goes.:D